• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

so...will our Platinum/Gold gifts this year consist of an "IOU"? lol

That would probably be better than what will really happen:

Nintendo sends us a special "Platinum WiiU update" that bricks our systems but allows us the opportunity to buy exclusive Year of Luigi green WiiUs for $400.
Disgusted with ourselves, we all buy it.

2012: Announced Friday July 6th
2011: Announced Friday July 1st
2010: Announced Thursday July 1st
2009: Announced Tuesday July 14th

I'm placing my bet on Friday July 12th this year.

Gah. I wanna know what it is now!!! BAAAAAHHHH! Animal Crossing 7-11 set please! *laughing*

Last REALLY cool thing I remember Nintendo doing in the states was the Wind Waker pre-order bonus. Zelda 1+2, Ocarina of Time, Master Quest, AND Majora's Mask all on one disc.

With Nintendo diving so deep into the Virtual Console (and rebuying VC games for each system) I doubt we will ever see a giveaway this good ever again. :(

balohna

Last REALLY cool thing I remember Nintendo doing in the states was the Wind Waker pre-order bonus. Zelda 1+2, Ocarina of Time, Master Quest, AND Majora's Mask all on one disc.

With Nintendo diving so deep into the Virtual Console (and rebuying VC games for each system) I doubt we will ever see a giveaway this good ever again. :(

You're slightly confused. The WW pre-order was just OOT and MQ, however the proto-Club Nintendo was just registering games. The only prize they offered was a Zelda disc that had the two NES games and the two N64 games, but not Master Quest. You had to register 2 games out of a total of 5 that had registration codes at the time by a certain date. I forget what all had it... I know Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga and the GC 1080 were part of it.

That said, both promotions were pretty cool. 5-6 years ago you could play every Zelda ever on a GameCube that had a Game Boy Player.

tornjaw

I really enjoy Club Nintendo, the fact that only for registering games that I bought I get to choose for free gifts that aren't otherwise available and then at the end of the year I get another exclusive gift.

But I really do miss some of the previous items offered when registering games. There was a stylus for registering Phantom Hourglass, an Original Soundtrack for registering Ocarina of Time 3D, and if I remember correctly some type of rainbow-colored Nintendo DS stylus set.

Damian.

Banned
So if they don't update before Monday, this will be the longest time we have had to wait after June 30th for what the Plat/Gold rewards are?

Already made gold, with a Wii U still needing to be added. I also have plans to buy all sorts of Nintendo games in the next year, so Platinum and then some are easily in reach. Really wish they'd put up some new rewards.

I also keep checking this thread in hopes of seeing what the 2013 reward is only to be sad and disappointed each time.

IT"S OUT!

The splinter in my finger was killing so it's good it's out now. Haha!

f.gif

You're slightly confused. The WW pre-order was just OOT and MQ, however the proto-Club Nintendo was just registering games. The only prize they offered was a Zelda disc that had the two NES games and the two N64 games, but not Master Quest. You had to register 2 games out of a total of 5 that had registration codes at the time by a certain date. I forget what all had it... I know Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga and the GC 1080 were part of it.

That said, both promotions were pretty cool. 5-6 years ago you could play every Zelda ever on a GameCube that had a Game Boy Player.

Oh weird, I could have sworn it had the first two in it. I never actually PLAYED them, so maybe that's the reason, haha.

Edit: You know what, I think I might have seen or even bought that other copy (with the NES games) at a Gamestop soon after getting my Wii. That might be why I was confusing the two since I had the other copy back when I had WW on the Gamecube. I remember the back of the box even saying "not for resale" but fuck it, they re-sold it anyways!

zroid

Banned
Without having registered a single code from my pile of unused codes, after filling out all my pending (ie expiring in a few months) surveys and registering Fire Emblem and SMT4 for the promo, I'll be sitting on a cool 455 coins earned for the 2013/14 year.

I'll probably get plat without even having to dig out a single code from the pile!

Double Dash was one of them too. I earned my Zelda disc with Superstar Saga and Double Dash.

Intend-to-buy for Mario & Luigi Dream Team is up.

Did it. Thanks for the heads up.

Question about these intend-to-buy surveys. Do you have to register game the day it's released only to get the intend-to-buy coins or do you have a few days to do it? Last one I did was for Animal Crossing. I bought that day one and registered it but don't remember when the due date was.

zroid

Banned

Question about these intend-to-buy surveys. Do you have to register game the day it's released only to get the intend-to-buy coins or do you have a few days to do it? Last one I did was for Animal Crossing. I bought that day one and registered it but don't remember when the due date was.

ITBs never expire (or at least, not for a looong time)

You can register it 4 years from the day you completed the survey and you'd still get the 10 coin bonus

Lexxism

As far as I can remember, it expires on the same date it release(that's what it said on the date of expiration). However, in my case, I was able to registered the game after 3 weeks(July 1) and I still got the bonus coins(intend to buy) since the survey was still there.

eggwolio

Would be nice to see some extra gba games for 3DS. Not as a Platinum reward, unless there are several, but as exclusives for club nintendo would be awesome. I can't be the only one who wants Superstar Saga so i can play through them again from the beginning before Dream Team comes out.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Would be nice to see some extra gba games for 3DS. Not as a Platinum reward, unless there are several, but as exclusives for club nintendo would be awesome. I can't be the only one who wants Superstar Saga so i can play through them again from the beginning before Dream Team comes out.
Register Dream Team within the first week, get Superstar Saga as a free downloadable!

.........at the least, maybe it'll be one of the GBA games they'll put once Wii U gets them.

ngower

NoA's aversion to soundtrack rewards still makes no goddamn sense to me

Seriously. The cost of production has to be marginal, given they already own the IP. Plus, let's be real, paying like 400 coins for a soundtrack means you've likely paid for a couple hundred dollars of Nintendo products.

Top Bottom