• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I just realised, because of this thread, that my survey for animal crossing expires today, almost lost 50 coins, already happened with Donkey Kong, I was used to register the retail code when I felt like doing the survey, I don't like these deadllines for DD...
Yeah, I logged in yesterday just to check what games I might want to try playing before the post-play surveys expire (registered a bunch of unplayed games from my backlog) and found out that
a.) I'd gotten a registration survey for Super Little Acorns and
b.) it was going to expire in three days. WTF?! Can't you email me about these things?

What's even weirder about this is that I bought MSF the same day, July 4th, and the registration survey for that expires August 3rd. :/
I've got the Fire Emblem 3DS bundle, so while I have the game it isn't listed as registered on my Club Nintendo account.
You can call Nintendo about this and they will register it for you. Though I'd wait to do so until we have any word on date restrictions for the $30 credit.

Just found 5 post play surveys on my account. Reached 2014 platinum without buying a new game since July 1st.

I'll probably still end up using my SMTIV code early for whatever bonus we're getting.

pahamrick

You can call Nintendo about this and they will register it for you. Though I'd wait to do so until we have any word on date restrictions for the $30 credit.

Hm, I'll have to try again. I sent an email about it when I got the bundle but was told it wasn't eligible for registration since it was bundled software.

Is it just me, or is the current catalog of rewards a bit lacking? Without the G&W and other larger prizes, I'm a bit underwhelmed. The Platinum prize better be amazing.

ngower

Super Mario Bros 2 is being released on the 3DS eShop on Thursday. I wonder if they're going to use the typical Thursday update as a time to release rewards, i.e., digital downloads?

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Man I check this thread everyday hoping to see what the rewards going to be... yall need to quit bumping this thread back on the first page...

wait, oops....

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Hm, I'll have to try again. I sent an email about it when I got the bundle but was told it wasn't eligible for registration since it was bundled software.
Huh, I didn't realize bundled stuff was treated differently. I can understand maybe it not being worth points, that's one thing...but what if your 3DS is stolen/lost? Do you just forfeit the bundled game since it "can't" be registered? Or did your bundle register differently than a standard 3DS?

If you don't have a special Fire Emblem 3DS registration...yeah, I'd try calling to get it linked to your account just because of the potential for loss.

p.s. sorry/not sorry for the bump that's going to make people think rewards are out

Damian.

Banned
Hoping today is the day for the elite announcement with the downtime and slow to return pictures on the site. We should know in 48 minutes.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I remember them taking months to tell us what the rewards are in the past? Am I remembering wrong?
You're wrong. The longest wait was July 13th and that was the first year. I posted all the dates a few pages back but I'm on my phone or else I'd find it and post it again.

suikodan

I am more intrigued by the FE:A/SMT4 promotion rather than knowing what the elite prizes are...

Come on Nintendo!
Please understand!!!

It doesn't quite specify-but if I've already purchased Fire Emblem-back when it launched and registered it-I can simply buy SMT and register it-and get my credit?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, yes, RETAIL IS INCLUDED! & it expires 8/31, giving you MORE than enough time to get both games!

Edit: "$30 credit can be redeemed for the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS or Wii U." Wanna point that out for those who might want to get Wii U eShop stuff with the credit.

It doesn't quite specify-but if I've already purchased Fire Emblem-back when it launched and registered it-I can simply buy SMT and register it-and get my credit?

If you purchased the Fire Emblem: Awakening hardware bundle, you must link your Nintendo 3DS system to your Club Nintendo account and complete the registration survey for Shin Megami Tensei IV to qualify for the promotion.

You can't buy the bundle anymore so...

Socreges

Banned
So if SMTIV is on sale for $40 at retail before Aug 31.... that would be optimal for me, I think. Probably the only scenario where I'd buy the game.

Cody_D165

Banned
I'm on the fence about SMTIV. Never played a mainline SMT game before. I really like what I've played of Persona so can anyone tell me if I'd like this or not?

I have to admit dat packaging and the $30 credit is making it tempting. Might have to go preorder on Amazon.

MarkusRJR

I have a random question here...

My dad wants to buy a basic Wii U for streaming movies and playing occasional games, since it's on sale for $250 in Canada. Is there any way I can use my Nintendo Network ID on his console (I own a premium Wii U)? I know purchases won't carry over, but can I use my Miiverse and stuff on his console?

chronosic

I don't think you can do that. You'll be able to register his account under your club Nintendo account as family and still get coins from his purchases though.

Parallacs

I'm on the fence about SMTIV. Never played a mainline SMT game before. I really like what I've played of Persona so can anyone tell me if I'd like this or not?

I have to admit dat packaging and the $30 credit is making it tempting. Might have to go preorder on Amazon.

I think I am at the same place where you are. I played a lot of Persona 3 Portable and plan on finishing it this month. I really like it but I know nothing about the SMT universe or what this game is even about. I assume it is an RPG with demon summoning.

I guess for $30 credit, it can't be all that bad!

iphys

I have a random question here...

My dad wants to buy a basic Wii U for streaming movies and playing occasional games, since it's on sale for $250 in Canada. Is there any way I can use my Nintendo Network ID on his console (I own a premium Wii U)? I know purchases won't carry over, but can I use my Miiverse and stuff on his console?

I think you'd only be able to access your Miiverse on the browser like you can on a computer, assuming the Wii U browser is even good enough to handle it.

Mupod

I think I am at the same place where you are. I played a lot of Persona 3 Portable and plan on finishing it this month. I really like it but I know nothing about the SMT universe or what this game is even about. I assume it is an RPG with demon summoning.

I guess for $30 credit, it can't be all that bad!

I haven't played SMT4 myself, but the demon fusion in persona is about the same as it is in the SMT games, obviously the S-link stuff isn't a factor though. Battle systems use a similar exploit weakness->press turn concept, except you fight alongside your demons instead of simply summoning them for attacks. You can swap them out mid-fight and such as well.

Story progression and dungeons are done more in the style of a traditional RPG rather than the timed school setting and random dungeons of Persona. The older SMT games and Strange Journey used first person perspectives in dungeons, but Nocturne (SMT3) and 4 both have third person exploration which is a lot easier to deal with. As for the setting, expect oppressive atmosphere and dark themes all about.

There's a reason Nocturne experienced a huge jump in popularity after Persona 3, I don't think you'll have a hard time adapting at all. There's no persistent storyline or anything you'll be missing out on, so go ahead and jump in at 4.

BuzzJive

Aw yeah, Pikmin 3 plan to buy survey. So close.

The only question is whether I'll get it on disc or digitally.

The Pikmin 3 Digital purchase survey makes very little sense - especially when it asks whether I will buy it new or used, and whether I will preorder it.

MarkusRJR

I don't think you can do that. You'll be able to register his account under your club Nintendo account as family and still get coins from his purchases though.

I think you'd only be able to access your Miiverse on the browser like you can on a computer, assuming the Wii U browser is even good enough to handle it.

Well that's shitty. I guess I'll just make a second account on his console then. Sucks that I'm essentially going to lose all of my friends though.

chrono01

This $30 credit thing is pretty great.

I already have Fire Emblem: Awakening [although I've yet to register it, will do it soon!] and have SMTIV pre-ordered.

I wonder what game I'll get with my $30 credit? Perhaps Animal Crossing: New Leaf. :)

[Assuming this applies to Canada as well. It had better!]

Mupod

come to think of it did they ever confirm the price of ace attorney 5? I remember back in May or so Capcom was saying they'd have details on that 'soon'.

jbueno

The only question is whether I'll get it on disc or digitally.

The Pikmin 3 Digital purchase survey makes very little sense - especially when it asks whether I will buy it new or used, and whether I will preorder it.

Now that's a face I haven't seen in awhile, I remember seeing you post on the N-Philes forums.

zroid

Banned
$34.99 actually :)

I still don't know what I'm gonna use the credit on. Heck, I still don't know if I'll apply it to 3DS or Wii U. Probably 3DS, though... way more eShop games to potentially buy. Although Wii U is getting a lot of desirable VC content...

After I get my free reward I'm out. Not buying SMT for that $30 bonus or anymore 3ds/WiiU games for that matter unless NoA can improve their attitude and the way they handle their business

chrono01

I believe he/she means the free Gold/Platinum reward and passing on the Fire Emblem: Awakening/SMTIV $30 credit for buying/registering both.

It's likely due to Nintendo pulling Super Smash Bros. from the upcoming EVO. I will admit that even I'm upset over that, especially after what fans did to have it there in the first place and the fact that it would essentially be free publicity for them [how do they say "no" to this?], but I'm not going to boycott Nintendo over it.

I just hope that they come to their senses soon and realize that the Internet is their friend, not their enemy. Having Super Smash Bros. showcased at EVO is an honor, and the proceeds towards doing so went towards a worthy cause. This is just going to cause a lot of [well-deserved, in this case] negative backlash.

But, back on the topic of Club Nintendo. :)

tornjaw

I'm aware that the Gold/Platinum reward and the Fire Emblem: Awakening/SMTIV $30 credit are unrelated. I was under the impression that he/she was making that statement based on something to do with a product. Under that assumption I was pointing out how ridiculous that comment was.

If the comment was about not showing Smash Bros. at EVO it's also a little silly and completely unrelated to this Club Nintendo account. There's an entire thread about it.

Super_Mario_Bros_2.jpg

Top Bottom