• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Super_Mario_Bros_2.jpg
Are you forreal this is coming to 3DS eshop?!

Gabe3208

Banned
Anyone have a FE:A Club Nintendo code they want to sell? Would like to take advantage of the current promo, I'm getting SMT IV, but with FE:A I'm not a big fan of the series. PM me if you'd like to sell the code, thanks.

Nori Chan

So I just bought MK7 on the eshop and with that I got enough points to hit platinum status after logging in about a week ago after 4 years lol

I hope they do more downloads for 100 coins for the 3DS. How often do they do that?

Ghazi

Dude I totally have to find a way to get a SMTIV Club Nintendo code or get the game itself, which I would like to do more, so I can buy all dat Fire Emblem DLC.

MarkusRJR

So I bought my Dad the basic Wii U while it was on sale. How do I go about adding it to my Club Nintendo account (already connected to my deluxe Wii U)? Do I need a family account? If so, how do I get one and what are the advantages/disadvantages versus a solo account?

So I bought my Dad the basic Wii U while it was on sale. How do I go about adding it to my Club Nintendo account (already connected to my deluxe Wii U)? Do I need a family account? If so, how do I get one and what are the advantages/disadvantages versus a solo account?

Advantages? More coins for a single account

Disadvantages? If you get more than 600 coins you only get one Platinum Prize :(

zigg

Awesome since the account is basically just going to be used by me. How do I change it to a family account?
Create him a sub-account under Account & Coins > Account Details > Family Members > +ADD.

Be sure you specify that he's over 18. Under-18ers don't (or didn't used to) get surveys for download software, probably due to US privacy regs for kids. Physical codes are A-OK though!

MarkusRJR

Create him a sub-account under Account & Coins > Account Details > Family Members > +ADD.

Be sure you specify that he's over 18. Under-18ers don't (or didn't used to) get surveys for download software, probably due to US privacy regs for kids. Physical codes are A-OK though!
Would I be able to sync it with my second Nintendo Network ID or no? I dunno if they check for age or name differences.

Or do they just not check and it goes straight to hardware when it syncs with CN?

ngower

So I just bought MK7 on the eshop and with that I got enough points to hit platinum status after logging in about a week ago after 4 years lol

I hope they do more downloads for 100 coins for the 3DS. How often do they do that?

Every month, usually in the first week, they put up two new coin-redeemable titles for 3DS and WiiU each. There's a list somewhere (on the internet, not necessarily GAF) of everything they've put up thus far, but I can't find it.

So it seems like they're waiting until tomorrow to show the prizes. That makes me think that either the Gold, Platinum or both rewards are some sort of digital reward. Perhaps a few 3D classics (yes please!) or Wii U VC titles.

chrono01

So it seems like they're waiting until tomorrow to show the prizes. That makes me think that either the Gold, Platinum or both rewards are some sort of digital reward. Perhaps a few 3D classics (yes please!) or Wii U VC titles.
Boxed Mother Collection [Mother 1/2/3] for the Wii U.

Or perhaps that Dragon Quest 25th Anniversary Collection?

Believe!

joe1138

I have feeling our rewards are going to be digital as well. I'm really holding out hope for a statue of some sort though, something cool that I'd be proud to display (heck, at this point I'd be happy with another pin set).

That said, if they do go digital I'm hoping for something obscure or unlikely to receive a traditional VC release anytime soon.

If it is digital, it better be something not out yet since I would already own it.

They just need to show what the prizes are already. Enough is fucking enough. Its way overdue and I'm sick of this waiting shit.

Platinum - Super Mario Brothers for Wii Virtual Console
Gold - A calender app for DS featuring the hit moments of Super Mario Brothers for Wii Virtual Console

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
I'm callin it now.... PLAT GETS A LUIGI HAT! GOLDS GET PATCHES FOR THEIR JACKETS!

I wish they would announce it already, the anticipation is KILLING ME!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I just want something digital. I don't care about physical trinkets at all. Now, controllers and actual gaming accessories and stuff, that's great. But patches/hats/stickers/pins? No thanks. Don't even know what I'd do with any of that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wish they'd get around to putting that Punch-Out downloadable from the first year as a reward. I wanted it, but I figured the hat would be cooler as a collectible, plus it could be easily displayed.

Haines

Banned
I dont understand the comments saying something digital will be a game we already have. They would never do something like that. Nintendo WANTS people to be consumed with this Club and to register everything. They will give a decent prize. That said I also dont put much hype into a prize for a club like this. Its just a bonus is all.

bumpkin

I dont understand the comments saying something digital will be a game we already have. They would never do something like that. Nintendo WANTS people to be consumed with this Club and to register everything. They will give a decent prize. That said I also dont put much hype into a prize for a club like this. Its just a bonus is all.
It'd be impossible for them to check what every member has and come up with something that doesn't suck that nobody has... The Doc Louis Punch-Out! DD was a fluke. Nintendo hates us. :(

It'd be impossible for them to check what every member has and come up with something that doesn't suck that nobody has... The Doc Louis Punch-Out! DD was a fluke. Nintendo hates us. :(

They could localize Nintendouji or bring over that Tingle game.

They're probably going to just give us a 1" x 0.3" piece of paper that says, "THANK YOU!", though.

Glix

The only cool digital reward would be stuff that is exclusive (like ambassador GBA games)

but then that would suck for everyone else...

I hope we get physical.

Bullza2o

The longer we wait, the more I think they're either really unsure what to give us or they're trying to make the best rewards ever.

iphys

Have they actually said somewhere that it will be tomorrow, or are you just assuming since it's got to be soon?

Have they actually said somewhere that it will be tomorrow, or are you just assuming since it's got to be soon?

I'm just assuming because it's getting pretty late past the due date, even by Club Nintendo standards. NOA has let me down before though so I wouldn't surprised if we have to wait even longer, haha.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
2012: Announced Friday July 6th
2011: Announced Friday July 1st
2010: Announced Thursday July 1st
2009: Announced Tuesday July 14th

I'm placing my bet on Friday July 12th this year.

iphys

2012: Announced Friday July 6th
2011: Announced Friday July 1st
2010: Announced Thursday July 1st
2009: Announced Tuesday July 14th

I'm placing my bet on Friday July 12th this year.

Friday seems most likely, but then again, they may just be purposely trying to be unpredictable so we won't all know when to crash the site next year.

Tenumi

Banned
I'm 80 coins from Gold this year (The one starting July 1). Helps that originally forgot to register my 3DSXL, that gave a nice chunk of coinage.

Top Bottom