• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

At first i though the cards were a Cranium style matching game.. then i noticed the club and diamonds, i'm glad I imported the Mario Pillow.

IMG_2877.jpg

kunonabi

What a terrible selection of prizes. The poster are meh outside of the Luigi's mansion and I don't need another set of playing cards.

The calendar isn't awful but if it doesn't have Metroid I'm not interested.

I guess I should just consider the gold nunchuk I imported as my Club Nintendo gift for the year.

jgkspsx

None of those examples are on the same scale as Club Nintendo. GAP doesn't exist. I'm an avid Xbox Rewards member and have earned around $2 since that program launched.
That's funny, I've earned more than $20 plus some avatar crap (that I admittedly never got around to redeeming). Add in Bing Rewards (which is much less annoying than it used to be) and sales etc. etc. etc. and there's much more incentivization to be an XBLA spendthrift than an eShop/wiiShop one.

Nintendo Rewards has paid out better in the past, though, especially since they started carrying the digital games. This month's are a total ripoff, though.

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
People here keep saying they wanted something better than just paper. Well have I got news for you:

ShgFa.jpg

The playing cards are actually made of clear plastic, not paper! So dry away those tears, you just got your wish!

Lyude77

I'll get the cards. I have the other games I want, and I already have enough posters that I would never hang up (though I'd probably use the Luigi's Mansion one - it's awesome).

I may get the hanafuda cards eventually too, depending on when my coins expire.

As far as what I want for future Nintendo Rewards prizes, I want Nintendo to give us stuff we might actually use. Soundtracks, controllers, etc. Playing cards are a step up from pins in that respect. The figurine is an exception to my general preference because the coin block was awesome. Heck, the pins had great packaging too. I hope the cards somehow have good packaging, though it seems unlikely...

That's funny, I've earned more than $20 plus some avatar crap (that I admittedly never got around to redeeming). Add in Bing Rewards (which is much less annoying than it used to be) and sales etc. etc. etc. and there's much more incentivization to be an XBLA spendthrift than an eShop/wiiShop one.

Nintendo Rewards has paid out better in the past, though, especially since they started carrying the digital games. This month's are a total ripoff, though.

Bing is the only really good rewards program. It's ridiculously easy to get Amazon credit or XBLA credit for free. It just takes time.

jgkspsx

Those do look pretty spiffy. Should make OK eBay fodder, I hope. Still probably not more than $10 worth, though.

Drago

Well, congrats Gold members for getting decent prizes.

How underwhelming. I never did get those Hanafuda cards though so I guess that isn't that terrible. The posters could spruce up my boring wall as well...

I don't know yet. I'll get a Mario pillow off eBay I guess :/
At first i though the cards were a Cranium style matching game.. then i noticed the club and diamonds, i'm glad I imported the Mario Pillow.

IMG_2877.jpg
Yup, importing that pillow asap.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
People here keep saying they wanted something better than just paper. Well have I got news for you:

ShgFa.jpg

The playing cards are actually made of clear plastic, not paper! So dry away those tears, you just got your wish!

Looks awesome, definitely the one we're getting.

zroid

Banned

ShgFa.jpg

OKAY wow, I didn't get a good look at them before. That is pretty neat.

I take back my earlier post, there's no longer any debate. I'm getting the cards.

If we got the Mario pillow like Japan did, there would be another vocal minority spitting all over that as well. But some people here are clearly more passionate about this than I am, so I'm going to bow out at this point. Pointless to argue over the value of free stuff.

I'll be getting the poster set, myself. That Luigi poster is going straight onto my entertainment room's wall, but I'll send whoever wants it the KI poster as soon as I receive it.

TheGrue

The one year I make platinum...fuck.

The one year I didn't make platinum was the best year (and I could have made it, but I was busy with work and didn't have the code I needed to put in to go over the line) with the statue. Well, I guess the best year was either that or the Mario hat. Anyway, I guess I will go with the cards.

I must be doing something wrong, then. I try to fill out the survey every month, maybe I haven't purchased enough XBLA games? I usually renew live through a prepaid card, so I suspect that's where I'm losing out. Also what's the deal with Bing rewards? I used to do it when it first launched but I thought it went away? It's back again?

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
I'm platinum this year and I'll be choosing a gold prize... I just wish I could get 2 games :) Hard choice between Majora's Mask and Metroid II.

Drago

ShgFa.jpg

These are nice, I like their design more than the Hanafuda cards. I'll redeem these when I get home.

Mario pillows range from $50-70 on ebay so I'll pick one up next month when I have spare cash

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

ShgFa.jpg

What about the people who wanted something better than playing cards?

Lyude77

I must be doing something wrong, then. I try to fill out the survey every month, maybe I haven't purchased enough XBLA games? I usually renew live through a prepaid card, so I suspect that's where I'm losing out. Also what's the deal with Bing rewards? I used to do it when it first launched but I thought it went away? It's back again?

Yeah dude, Bing Rewards is ridiculous. You should get at least 70 or so points today if you check it again since you haven't done it in a while by working up to silver.

http://www.bing.com/start/discover#_welcome

I don't really understand Xbox Rewards, but I'm thinking I would have to jump through hoops to get stuff recognized.

Edit: I guess I should say something Club Nintendo related...I hope the downloadable games introduced on the 15th are good (and not just another version of Electroplankton).

zroid

Banned
What about the people who wanted something better than playing cards?

sorry? you should complain directly to Nintendo, I bet Reggie will send you a personalized apology, and you can frame it.
the secret Diamond tier reward

ShgFa.jpg

That looks pretty good. More excited for the cards now.

backlot

Oh, those look nicer than I thought. I guess I'll take those over the posters then.

isny

napkin dispenser
I bought these years ago and haven't even used them once.

pa.180022.3.jpg

I guess I'll just take the posters and sell em. Man, Nintendo sure knows how to let me down.

The cards do look pretty cool, but i figured nintendo would do something like this. Too many people either became gold/platinum or came close to it because of those free 20 games, werent they an easy 10 coins a piece? Thats 200 coins where none of us had to buy anything.

The cards do look pretty cool, but i figured nintendo would do something like this. Too many people either became gold/platinum or came close to it because of those free 20 games, werent they an easy 10 coins a piece? Thats 200 coins where none of us had to buy anything.
I bought a overpriced handheld for them games....howd you get them for free?

EDIT:nope im wrong

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Buying an Ambassador eligible 3DS got you something like 450 coins with all the free things you could've registered.

I bought a overpriced handheld for them games....howd you get them for free?

I get your point, but stores did drop the price of the 3DS before time was up for the ambassador program, so people were able to get there $180 3DS and the 20 free games too, when it was intended for the people who spent the launch price $250. Regardless, there was some easy coins this year for 3DS owners so i'm not too surprised with what nintendo is offering with the platinum and gold rewards

Is the pillow like a felt material? Is it really soft or pretty dense?

it's better then felt, about the quality of materials that on other plush toys from japan that you would see at an anime con, It has a 2 inch foam cushion in it, its squeezable and springs back.
And about 13 inches tall.

unfortunately there was alot of "dopes" here that bought it at launch...including me

Apparently, it wasn't overpriced when they bought it originally, as they, you know, bought it....

it's better then felt, about the quality of materials that on other plush toys from japan that you would see at an anime con, It has a 2 inch foam cushion in it, its squeezable and springs back.
And about 13 inches tall.

Thanks, would you say the quality is worth the $50 price point, if you are into collectibles of that nature, obviously?

Crayons

Banned
And I was so looking forward to that pillow. No surprise all the prizes are paper crap. Now I have to buy one of those mario pillows on eBay for $65.

Top Bottom