• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Alternatively, you could have answered the question in the same amount of time it took to post that.
He's trying to teach a man to fish.

Thinking a bit you could do something really creative with the cards. Having them mounted and framed behind glass arranged by Poker hand values could look really good. I just worked it out and you can use 50 of the cards to make up the 10 standard Poker hands leaving just 2 leftover.

He's trying to teach a man to fish.

Thinking a bit you could do something really creative with the cards. Having them mounted and framed behind glass arranged by Poker hand values could look really good. I just worked it out and you can use 50 of the cards to make up the 10 standard Poker hands leaving just 2 leftover.

Except I read every damn page and didn't happen to see the 2 posts that mentioned it.

Anyways, I'm satisfied with the cards. They'll go nicely with my AC cards, and it rounds out the set of Mario/AC playing cards AND fans. I just bought the Mario pillow off ebay, too.

Except I read every damn page and didn't happen to see the 2 posts that mentioned it.

Anyways, I'm satisfied with the cards. They'll go nicely with my AC cards, and it rounds out the set of Mario/AC playing cards AND fans. I just bought the Mario pillow off ebay, too.

I was wondering when someone was going to jump on that as it was less than $50 shipped.

Not seeing how that's somehow our problem.

Assuming the prizes don't change whenever they get put back up, I'm probably in for the cards. I did, however, just buy a t-shirt worth 550 coins. Wasn't sure I was ever going to do anything else with them.

for the pillows, noa needs to be on the ground floor when they're in manufacturing in japan. making shit is expensive, especially custom stuff with lots of colors and intricate designs. if noa wanted 10,000 and japan wanted 10,000 then it drops the overall price a bit, compared to making two separate orders of 10,000.

so noa might have just missed the boat for those. same with the controllers and other cool stuff japan gets.

the cards are actually pretty nice, and probably cost nintendo about 5-7 bucks to make a whole deck each. depending on the quality of the posters (like if the zelda one has gold foil or something), they're probably more like 3-4 bucks each, tops. quantity matters too, and i don't know how popular club nintendo is. i'm just assuming low, so somewhere in the range of 6-10k for each platinum item. although nintendo probably gets their orders in july and then does the manufacturing in august and september, receives them in october, and ships in november.

anyway, the games cost them just the price of the game people might pay for, but it costs them extremely little to actually give away. it's nice that they are actual giveaways, but platinums should at least get a crack at one of them- or two if they don't choose a thing.

Yea, I totally understand how it all works, it's just disappointing, especially considering when the other regions for Club Nintendo get very cool shit, so it's not like we're asking for more.

Thank you so much for spending $600 worth of our product, here are some playing cards we made for $5 lol. OK, now I'm sounding bitter(I swear I'm not!)haha. Not to mention the posters looks cheesy as shit. Every other set of posters they've had on the store look considerably nicer.

Anyway, I don't even know what to get. I guess I could get the posters and have them sit in my closet or get the playing cards and look at them once. Decisions decisions...haha.

isny

napkin dispenser
No, they temporarily took it down. They'll send you an email when it's ready.

How your avatar feels when people ask the same questions over and over again.

YCgPO.jpg

Anyway, I don't even know what to get. I guess I could get the posters and have them sit in my closet or get the playing cards and look at them once. Decisions decisions...haha.

Or get the posters and sell em like ima do.

*Looks at OP*

woah, I can get additional coins for registering a different colored DSi? Cool. I was thinking of getting one for just a couple DS games (since I mostly play with my activity log.) Would be cool to have one just for Pokemon and always have it in sleep mode and never switch cartridges. I'm especially thinking of buying one since they are only $100 now.

Its stupid to do this I know...oh well. Probably should get a DSi XL instead but I don't like that shade of pink.

I'm still baffled at how negative everyone is at the prizes. How could anyone want a pillow over a poster of Zelda, Kid Icarus, and Luigi's Mansion? I will never understand some people I guess. Whatever. Atleast I finally get a choice of a non Mario gift.

Ultima_5

The amount of entitlement in this thread is astounding. You guys realize nintendo doesn't have to give you anything?

Those plastic cards actually look pretty slick. I'm OK with them. Of course, I'm a sick bastard who was OK with the pins last year.

I was really hoping for that Mario pillow. I really thought it would bring my game room together. Those cards are OK, but my my love of Kid Icarus means I'll have to go for the poster set.

Lucent

Seals the deal, I'm bullshitting all the surveys now. I used to actually fill the things out with proper responses because I sort of cared about providing Nintendo with useful data expecting it to be rewarded with fancy Nintendo swag, but fuck it. You want to give me paper I will give you useless shit in return. Coin farming mode activate.

I did the same thing. lol. After awhile I was also thinking "they probably don't read all this stuff anyway". I could be wrong but man some of the questions they ask you are annoying.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Metroid 2 and Mario vs DK, but please dont. You can buy both on the eShop for $12, it would be a waste IMO. Get something you can't get elsewhere.
$12 for *those*?

Well my other option is a calendar.. which is probably the lamest prize imaginable. Not a difficult decision here for someone with Gold status.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Just to expand, it would be something like this:

Royal Flush
10 J Q K A (all spades)

Straight Flush
5 6 7 8 9 (all spades)

Four of a Kind
4diamond 4club 4heart 4spade 5heart

Full House
6heart 6club 9diamond 9club 9heart

Flush
3 7 8 J K (all diamonds)

Straight
10diamonds Jclubs Qdiamond Kclub Adiamond

Three of a Kind
5club Kheart 3club 3heart 3spade

Two Pairs
10heart 8clubs 8heart Qclub Qheart

One Pair
7club Jheart 10club 2heart 2spade

High Card
2diamond 5diamond 6diamond 7heart Aheart

Aclub + 2club for Club Nintendo 2012
It would look something like this but instead of Poker at the top it would say Club Nintendo 2012 Poker with the Aclub and 2club at the top.

I'm going to look into it once I get the cards at the end of the year.

RetroGreg

So the prizes are still not available for me. I think I'm going with the cards when it comes back up. I like the posters, but I already have the Mario and 1st Zelda set.

Alchemy

The amount of entitlement in this thread is astounding. You guys realize nintendo doesn't have to give you anything?

This argument is just annoying, you realize we're giving them marketing information in exchange for goods right? The only reason the Club Nintendo system works is because it helps Nintendo track customer buying habits and opinions. Whenever someone registers a game and fills out a survey we're doing work for Nintendo.

Instead of paying out cash Nintendo leverages their IPs to create (cheap) goods for users who do work for them to keep costs down. They also use Platinum/Gold rewards as goals to encourage people to buy items, register them, and fill out marketing data in exchange for a mystery gift box of Nintendo swag. If that swag is underwhelming it is perfectly acceptable to call NoA out on that.

Alchemy

Maybe when it comes back we'll get a prize and one free downloadable game >:p

I would rather get some Nintendo points out of the deal instead of a restricted game download, especially ones already offered as rewards. I already got Majoras Mask and Mario vs Donkey Kong through Club Nintendo, and really don't want Mario Kart SNES. If the credit was usable on any VC games I'd be a little more interested.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
It appears to be "up" for me, but I'm not getting a selection of items -- it's merely prompting me to choose between:

Platinum Gift (clicking leads to Cards)
Gold Gift (clicking leads to Calendar)

I wonder if the other stuff was a mistake...?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It appears to be "up" for me, but I'm not getting a selection of items -- it's merely prompting me to choose between:

That's even more disappointing.

Pociask

Whelp, missed out on Platinum this year, so don't have to decide between cards or posters.

As a Wii / DS owner, it's either Majora's Mask (already bought), Super Mario Kart (already bought), or another calendar (opted for it last year, zero interest in pins).

Nintendo could have knocked it out of the park if they had just let you get any one Nintendo published game available on VC, WiiWare, or the eShop. Oh well.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

Not for me

hn5zz.jpg

Drago

$12 for *those*?

Well my other option is a calendar.. which is probably the lamest prize imaginable. Not a difficult decision here for someone with Gold status.
Oh, if you're gold then go for a game. Would last more and be worth more than a calendar.

And Metroid 2 is $4, Mario vs DK is $8. $12 for both on the eShop. I never played Metroid 2, but Mario vs DK is a great choice. It's a nice game, esp. if you like Mario vs DK 2 or 3

Grym

It's up for me. They could have provided better descriptions. For the posters:

"Each poster features special printing effects, making them unique pieces to add to your Nintendo collection"

What is a special printing effect? Also, why not provide the dimensions of them? Guess it doesn't matter as I am getting the cards. I was just curious...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oh, if you're gold then go for a game. Would last more and be worthore than a calendar.

And Metroid 2 is $4, Mario vs DK is $8. $12 for both on the eShop. I never played Metroid 2, but Mario vs DK is a great choice. It's a nice game.
Yeah definitely going for Mario vs. DK if/when it goes up.

All these prizes are for NoA right? In Canada here.

DDayton

What -url- are you guys getting for that "big selection" page?

My 2 option list is on https://club.nintendo.com/elite-status-gifts.do

Edit: Interesting. I loaded up my account and my sister's account -- hers goes to the "big selection" page (like Wario64's) when I enter https://club.nintendo.com/elite-status-gifts.do . Mine goes to my 2 item selection on https://club.nintendo.com/elite-status-gifts.do .

Edit 2: Okay, I think I have this figured out... and it's weird. Under Chrome/Iron, I'm getting the 2 item list. Using Firefox, I get the full selection.

iphys

Technically, we are entitled to the rewards since they promised us elite rewards in exchange for buying enough games/filling out enough surveys to qualify. If you promise someone something in exchange for nothing you can take it back, but if it wasn't in exchange for nothing then you can't. That said, they never made any promises about how epic the elite rewards would be -- they could have given us a stinking pile of Mario shit, so people really shouldn't be complaining about the rewards.

Alchemy

Well... I don't really like those posters. Hated Skyward Sword and while I enjoyed Kid Icarus and Luigi's Mansion, those posters are pretty weak.

DDayton

Ah. "Maintenance" alert when I try to actually order...

That could explain the two different prize pages I'm getting.

Top Bottom