• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Evenflow

its very funny to see us ( nintendo club users ) waiting for games that released 15-20 years ago to be able to play it on our modern consoles
and compare it to Xbox Gold or PSN+ Games

WTF Nintendo , even the free platinum games was garbage
at least,,the least thing that can do is to give us all the games for the Platinum awards , not just one game

Dude, Xbox gold and PSN cost $60 a year... Club Nintendo is FREE. Strange comparison.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
WOAH, the games are now up & there's EIGHT games to choose from..

Okay, that explains the weird 5 -- I only found the five NEW titles, not the 3 that had already been used as CN rewards. (All 3 of those other titles are 50 coins more than they were before, oddly enough).

What's interesting is that Metal Torrent is now appearing on the "Not Currently Available" portion of the screen...

L.O.R.D

Dude, Xbox gold and PSN cost $60 a year... Club Nintendo is FREE. Strange comparison.

please, define the word "FREE" for me
is it free if i use my coins on a games ?
or i should use the coins on an actual Real gift like a CD sound track or statue
why even spend the coins if they have unlimited keys for that game

lets improve how the club will work in the next year
for example
people who reached Platinum in 2014 , will be able to download all the game promotion on club Nintendo for 2015
for gold users , will download only half of them or maybe the Gold only games

Eh, I think I'll pass. Not too much interesting stuff despite the additional number of titles. Not to mention the fact that I couldn't get games like Star Fox because I don't have any compatible controllers.

bumpkin

WOAH, the games are now up & there's EIGHT games to choose from. The additional 3 are:

Star Fox 64 (Wii VC, 250 coins)
Mario Golf (3DS VC, 200 coins)
Dr. Mario Express (3DSware, 200 coins)

So maybe they updated it so it's 4 Wii/U & 3DS titles per month.

Edit: It seems to be 2 Wii U VC, 2 Wii VC, 2 3DS VC, & then 2 3DS/DSiWare titles. So basically, we're getting double. Kind of hope this is a new trend.
Neat. The only problem I have is that I already own the ones I'd want. :(

Hello Everyone

Team Top Hat presents Club Nintendo Digital Rewards Monthly Giveaway! I am giving away a digital reward of their choice to two lucky individuals. The contest is being held at the August Downloads thread and the Club Nintendo thread. You must have a North American system to redeem.

The first person to post a picture of their system that shows off their Mii gets to choose one of these fabulous prizes:

3DS
Dr. Mario Express Nintendo DSi]
Nintendo Baseball [Game Boy]
Puzzle League Express [Nintendo DSi]
Mario Golf [Game Boy Color]

Wii U
Super Mario Bros. 2 [NES]
Excitebike [NES]

Wii
Star Fox 64 [Nintendo 64]
Vegas Stakes [SNES] [Can be redeemed on Wii then upgraded to Wii U for $1.50]

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
For the people like me who like to quickly scroll through this thread for the useful information instead of reading:

eJNOM9t.png

rekameohs

Banned
its very funny to see us ( nintendo club users ) waiting for games that released 15-20 years ago to be able to play it on our modern consoles
and compare it to Xbox Gold or PSN+ Games

WTF Nintendo , even the free platinum games was garbage
at least,,the least thing that can do is to give us all the games for the Platinum awards , not just one game
I don't understand why people compare Club Nintendo to PS+. I loooove PS+, but it is completely different from a customer rewards program like Club Nintendo; it's a subscription. They are wholly different from one another.

Hello Everyone

Team Top Hat presents Club Nintendo Digital Rewards Monthly Giveaway! I am giving away a digital reward of their choice to two lucky individuals. The contest is being held at the August Downloads thread and the Club Nintendo thread. You must have a North American system to redeem.

The first person to post a picture of their system that shows off their Mii gets to choose one of these fabulous prizes:

3DS
Dr. Mario Express Nintendo DSi]
Nintendo Baseball [Game Boy]
Puzzle League Express [Nintendo DSi]
Mario Golf [Game Boy Color]

Wii U
Super Mario Bros. 2 [NES]
Excitebike [NES]

Wii
Star Fox 64 [Nintendo 64]
Vegas Stakes [SNES] [Can be redeemed on Wii then upgraded to Wii U for $1.50]

4A50AC0F-1C7F-49D3-B43A-61913EEBD6A0-621-000000F4AEA70C52_zps08f17cbe.jpg

Star Fox please.

MilesTeg

Banned
Hmm maybe Mario Golf for me. Been awhile since I even had to really consider one of these. Might as well considering the lack of physical stuff.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hello Everyone

Puzzle League Express, please?

eggwolio

I kinda want puzzle league and dr mario express but my DSi storage is full. It's ridiculous that I can't use my SD card.

Will probably be getting several of the others.

wilflare

man if only they make the Wii rewards available for the WiiU too - having to logon to the Wii emulation to download it to the WiiU is just T_T

ph00p

Banned
man if only they make the Wii rewards available for the WiiU too - having to logon to the Wii emulation to download it to the WiiU is just T_T

Yup every time I have to touch a wiimote i remember all the bad things I've done with it and get a little bit sick, I bought a shiny new TV haven't been interested to stick that stupid bar to my tv since.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Is Puzzle League Express a good version of the game?
It's basically a stripped-down version of Planet Puzzle League on the DS. It's meant to be more of a sampler (I wouldn't say demo as there still is a decent amount to do) , as there isn't as many modes compared to the retail version, but I still enjoyed it. Heck, I got this along with Pokemon Puzzle League on the Wii VC.

It's basically a stripped-down version of Planet Puzzle League on the DS. It's meant to be more of a sampler (I wouldn't say demo as there still is a decent amount to do) , as there isn't as many modes compared to the retail version, but I still enjoyed it. Heck, I got this along with Pokemon Puzzle League on the Wii VC.

Thanks. I forgot Pokemon Puzzle League was on Wii VC, so I think I'll pass on this version.

Great! Star Fox 64! Never played it, and I'm not really interested in the 3DS remake (I know it's great, but I just don't want to play Star Fox on a handheld).

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
You know, it figures they'd put up a game I really want (Puzzle League Express) the month after I decide "Fuck it, I'll just blow the rest of my coins and be done with CN since they rarely ever put up anything I want".

Dammit.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
WOAH, the games are now up & there's EIGHT games to choose from. The additional 3 are:

Star Fox 64 (Wii VC, 250 coins)
Mario Golf (3DS VC, 200 coins)
Dr. Mario Express (3DSware, 200 coins)

So maybe they updated it so it's 4 Wii/U & 3DS titles per month.

Edit: It seems to be 2 Wii U VC, 2 Wii VC, 2 3DS VC, & then 2 3DS/DSiWare titles. So basically, we're getting double. Kind of hope this is a new trend.

I like the direction it's going in with more games, but I already have all of the ones I'm interested in on the platforms the codes are available for. Games that are available on both the 3DS and the Wii U should have the option of redeeming it for one or the other, it's not rocket science :/

rekameohs

Banned
sorry what I meant... it's just annoying that I have to go into Wii Mode inside my WiiU just to redeem and run these games

I mean... can't we just get those games running on WiiU
What's interesting is that the Wii U also has the capability to run GameCube games natively because of this, but the disc drive cannot read GameCube discs. Good thing homebrew fixes that!

wilflare

What's interesting is that the Wii U also has the capability to run GameCube games natively because of this, but the disc drive cannot read GameCube discs. Good thing homebrew fixes that!

I'm waiting for that Gamecube VC... I want my Bomberman fix..
but lol Konami

Velcro Fly

I feel like it's going to be a digital game service going forward. Rewards that have been there forever already are not being restocked. Now we're getting more games as rewards and the whole Gold/Platinum fiasco.

Would it kill them to put games that are on both Wii/U and 3DS as options? It's the second or third time an NES game is offered for the Wii U but I'd like it on the 3DS instead.

Also Vegas Stakes is an amazing game and if I had a Wii U I'd be tempted to waste coins on it.

Cody_D165

Banned
Boo, I have everything I would want here.

They couldn't give us a better GB title than Baseball? :(

Oh well I guess. Cool that they're expanding the digital rewards but I still wish there was an option to exchange for straight eShop credit.

Top Bottom