• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

i-Jest

Any of you guys get the Amiibo Survey?

Some interesting questions are a bit about features we are excited about (Which mentions things like adding characters, additional levels, and Amiibo only games) and if I am interested in alternative colors to existing Amiibos.

Well that's interesting. I didn't get the survey. Was a notification sent through email?

Huh, no. Wonder how they choose which users get it. Heck, considering I have Hyrule Warriors & MK8 registered, I'd probably get it since those are Amiibo-supported games.

As do I. Here's hoping.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
UsRRTmi.png

What a time to be alive.

Dsyndrome

I got the survey, said I didn't want it and got an advertisement for it. Said the only reason I would get them would be if they added lengthy quests in RPGs like Xenoblade X, but i don't see that happening. Did not seem they were catering to me anyway.

tebunker

Banned
Did the survey too, and expressed my meh-ness so far with the Amiibo platform.

I was also adamant to stress they only use Amiibo to reward owners and not to punish non-owners by locking away content solely behind the Amiibo.

Hopefully they develop the platform fully as a compliment to most of their games with a couple Amiibo specific games along the way.

I got the Amiibo survey. I explained to them a scenario in which you would carry progress from a 3DS to a Wii U game (and vice versa) using an Amiibo. My caveat was that they were different games but related by story some how. I used Metroid as my example... Fingers crossed. I told them I wanted alternative color Amiibo too, but I have a feeling that just means they will make a fire flower mario one.

You mean a cloud save that's tied to a physical object for no good reason.

Shauni

Digital Smash is there. You sure you didn't already fill it out and forgot about it? Are they even releasing the NES Remix digitally? They're already on the eShop separately so it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't re-release it as a bundle on the eShop.

Ultimate NES Remix is on the 3DS.

DaBoss

Did the survey too, and expressed my meh-ness so far with the Amiibo platform.

I was also adamant to stress they only use Amiibo to reward owners and not to punish non-owners by locking away content solely behind the Amiibo.

Hopefully they develop the platform fully as a compliment to most of their games with a couple Amiibo specific games along the way.
That's exactly what I would say. Hope I get the survey.
I mean an excuse for 2 new Metroid games.

And they don't have a proper account system, don't pretend they can pull of cross platform cloud saves.
They can do that with their current system.

And even then, they can just make the saves transferable locally like how MH3U does it. And how Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U communicate.

qko

I mean an excuse for 2 new Metroid games.

And they don't have a proper account system, don't pretend they can pull of cross platform cloud saves.

Kinda like the connectivity between Metroid Fusion and Metroid Prime minus the need for a cable?

I like this idea.

butalala

I just took the Amiibo survey. During the course of the survey, I realized how little I like the idea of Amiibo, at least in its current form. I don't care about the FP players in Smash and I'd rather pay for DLC to get access to the Mario Kart costumes or the new weapon in Hyrule Warriors.

I did say that I'd be open to the program if they had smaller, cheaper versions. Is the pog-style amiibo thing more than a rumor?

javadoze

Any of you guys get the Amiibo Survey?

Some interesting questions are a bit about features we are excited about (Which mentions things like adding characters, additional levels, and Amiibo only games) and if I am interested in alternative colors to existing Amiibos.

Pink Gold Peach amiibo, here we come.

Camjo-Z

Got the survey, my only suggestion was that they make every figure compatible with games that use amiibo. Not that every game has to have character-specific rewards, since that would quickly become a nightmare once they put more amiibo on the market, but just something like Hyrule Warriors where you get a little rupee/weapon/material bonus for scanning any figure.

I did say that I'd be open to the program if they had smaller, cheaper versions. Is the pog-style amiibo thing more than a rumor?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=927670

They are indeed planning on releasing smaller amiibo and amiibo cards. I suspect this might be how they integrate it into franchises like Animal Crossing and Pokemon where there are too many characters to give each one a $13 figure.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The big thing I stressed with my Survey Responses is I really don't want to see this be another 2 year stent and then dropped, I want Nintendo to stick to it for a while.

What bothers me about Amiibos is that the only one I want, Pikachu, probably won't be used in anything despite being a popular character. He won't be in Mario Kart, or Mario Party, and I don't play the really young children console games like that Pokemon Park thing on the Wii, so I don't see ever getting to use him outside of Smash, which still seems like a really trivial/boring application of this technology.

Regiruler

What bothers me about Amiibos is that the only one I want, Pikachu, probably won't be used in anything despite being a popular character. He won't be in Mario Kart, or Mario Party, and I don't play the really young children console games like that Pokemon Park thing on the Wii, so I don't see ever getting to use him outside of Smash, which still seems like a really trivial/boring application of this technology.
Did you even consider that they'll be in the next Pokemon games?

butalala

Got the survey, my only suggestion was that they make every figure compatible with games that use amiibo. Not that every game has to have character-specific rewards, since that would quickly become a nightmare once they put more amiibo on the market, but just something like Hyrule Warriors where you get a little rupee/weapon/material bonus for scanning any figure.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=927670

They are indeed planning on releasing smaller amiibo and amiibo cards. I suspect this might be how they integrate it into franchises like Animal Crossing and Pokemon where there are too many characters to give each one a $13 figure.

Thanks for the link. I wonder if they'd have smaller versions of the current line up. I'll never buy $13 amiibos, but I might go for $3-4 versions.

TunaLover

Got the amiibo survey, my suggestion was keeping a balance between amiibos and DLC, because I already spend too much on DLC to start with amiibo (another way of DLC IMO)

i-Jest

They did thye same in previous months, it is not common practice but happens, hopefully they have some worthy rewards this time.

Super Metroid would be awesome. Didn't get it the last time. I think a good idea if done right, would be offering bundled games. Like Super Mario Games, Donkey Kong games, Wario Land games, etc. To bad that's very unlikely.

TunaLover

Super Metroid would be awesome. Didn't get it the last time. I think a good idea if done right, would be offering bundled games. Like Super Mario Games, Donkey Kong games, Wario Land games, etc. To bad that's very unlikely.
They used to have great DD rewards, in top of my mind: Art Style serie, Paper Mario, Ocarina of Time, Majora's mask, Super Metroid, Fluidity, StarFox 64, Mario Kart 64, Star Tropics, Smash64.

But since Wii U they only realease recicled rewards from previous months, they become greedy =/

Makonero

I hope that one day a special edition Amiibo will be a Club Nintendo reward.

That would certainly be swell.

(It'll be Nester, from the old Nintendo Power comics, just to spite us.)

Can't seem to figure this out : if i have a club Nintendo code for a physical release from over a year ago (let's say pikmin 3 as an example), did Nintendo change it so that it can't be registered?

Ondore

Physical releases should be good for up to 5 years from the date the game went on sale, and if it's still being actively sold (think New Super Mario Bros for DS) even that can be extended.

i-Jest

CN GAF. You guys think Nintendo will bring back Digital Deluxe Promotion after it's gone? It seems like such a waist to kill it off. The console is finally getting traction again too.

iphys

It would make more sense if it were done more like that promo where you load $50 eShop credit and get an extra $5, so they can just offer the promo when they specifically want to boost eShop purchases, plus entice you to load up a bunch of credit and make you want to spend it quickly instead of taking your time.

i-Jest

Is tomorrow the monthly Urban Champion day?

I bet they will update it only on monday....

I thought tomorrow was the last day for current rewards.

It would make more sense if it were done more like that promo where you load $50 eShop credit and get an extra $5, so they can just offer the promo when they specifically want to boost eShop purchases, plus entice you to load up a bunch of credit and make you want to spend it quickly instead of taking your time.

Don't know why I didn't see this before. Yeah that makes sense. Also expanding it out to currently supported Nintendo consoles.

vazel

Banned
I finished putting up the Smash Bros. posters on my walls. I like how they're laminated, that means I'll be able to reuse them in the future without ripping them. I hope we'll get Star Fox posters of this quality next year(although more likely we'll get Zelda U posters).

Velcro Fly

Got like 700 coins so bring back the 3DS card case or something damn. I have four and three of them are almost full :(

Also getting a ton of codes for all the games I'm about to buy this holiday.

How long does it take for points to show up in my Deluxe Digital account? I thought it was 24-48 hours? On Friday I used a $5 credit to buy Sega 3D Classics Galaxy Force II and the CN survey is waiting but there's still no points in my DDP account which I'm bummed about because I'm only 21 points from getting another $5 credit. Or do content purchases on the 3DS eShop not count for the DDP program?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
How long does it take for points to show up in my Deluxe Digital account? I thought it was 24-48 hours? On Friday I used a $5 credit to buy Sega 3D Classics Galaxy Force II and the CN survey is waiting but there's still no points in my DDP account which I'm bummed about because I'm only 21 points from getting another $5 credit. Or do content purchases on the 3DS eShop not count for the DDP program?

3DS games don't count.

Socreges

Banned
They used to have great DD rewards, in top of my mind: Art Style serie, Paper Mario, Ocarina of Time, Majora's mask, Super Metroid, Fluidity, StarFox 64, Mario Kart 64, Star Tropics, Smash64.

But since Wii U they only realease recicled rewards from previous months, they become greedy =/
Many of those games you've listed have been released again recently.

Nintendo has always been greedy. They're a business; they're supposed to be greedy. The problem is that they do not have an inexhaustible supply of new classics to tap into every week unless they start including systems like the DS and GCN, which presumably they only want to exploit during the next console cycle.

Couple that with the fact that the people clamouring for new VC releases already own their consoles and are in a better position to purchase original WiiU/3DS titles. Attracting new WiiU owners is more important and those people do not yet own all the VC titles that you've already seen as rewards three times.

Top Bottom