• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Is the only way to get coins now is to buy retail games? Can anyone confirm this? I'm planning to get some games digitally but not sure it would give me some coins...

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I ordered the Retro Mario T-Shirt and the Zelda 3DS XL Pouch.

I still have 350 coins left, not sure what else I want.

The one thing I've always asked for was a Nintendo themed coffee mug. I still never got one :(.

Jinto

Did you already download all the free stuff? Lucadian, Zen Pinball, Steel Diver and Pokemon Bank should be enough.

I did not know this, thanks! Pokemon and Steel Diver gave me 5 coins each. Still not sure what else to get besides the messenger bag. I'm leaning towards the t-shirt.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Time to buy codes on ebay. Need 220 points for platinum, ha. I'm starting to think Nintendo MIGHT give a decent Plat reward finally.

RoadDogg

Was just about to check out on the shirt and it bugs out and says I have 0 coins. What a pain in the butt.

I'm going to end up with 70 coins left I think. It would be nice if they gave some cheaper filler stuff like urban champ for 10 coins.

bumpkin

Dammit! I'm signed in, but it's not loading my coins so I can't buy anything right now! Work, dammit, work!
Log out and log back in. I had the same issue and that fixed it.

The breadth of digital game choices is pretty awesome, and some of the "new" physical rewards are pretty sweet. Does anyone else feel like it's a trap, though? Like, we're going to spend our coins on what they added and then in a week or two when most members have spent most/all their coins, they're going to add something amazing that costs a bunch (like the Luigi's Mansion statue)?

CMON WORK

tumblr_mcq167ieAa1qbc2ylo1_500.gif

zigg

Hmmmm, my puzzle order (for which I got the confirm page) deducted my coins over an hour ago, but I never got an order number and it's not on my order inquiries page.

How long does CN usually take to sort its shit out?

BooJoh

Ordered the Animal Crossing cards and Doc Louis' Punch-Out!! which was a pleasant surprise since I got the Mario hat that year.

Hmmmm, my puzzle order (for which I got the confirm page) deducted my coins over an hour ago, but I never got an order number and it's not on my order inquiries page.

The site is really bogged down, it hasn't deducted my coins for either reward, but it did give me the code for my digital game so I'd assume my orders went through. I haven't gotten confirmation emails yet either, which I usually get pretty fast.

Log out and log back in. I had the same issue and that fixed it.

The breadth of digital game choices is pretty awesome, and some of the "new" physical rewards are pretty sweet. Does anyone else feel like it's a trap, though? Like, we're going to spend our coins on what they added and then in a week or two when most members have spent most/all their coins, they're going to add something amazing that costs a bunch (like the Luigi's Mansion statue)?

Trying that, thanks. Hopefully I can get logged back in lol.

Jinto

Check under "Coins & Status", view full history and scroll all the way down. It should be there.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
WTF, new rewards!?

Wow, 2nd Super Smash Bros. poster set is AWESOME. Duck Hunt AND Shulk?!

I see a jigsaw puzzle as well, but the site is loading so slowly, I can't see anything else.

I'm starting to regret getting the NES Remix 2 shirt now as I only have 460 coins....

Dammit! I got logged back in and my coins show this time, but when I try to redeem something it gets the Wario error page and then says site is in maintenance! I'm running outta time before I have to leave!

EDIT: Tried redeeming again and now it signed me out automatically! DAMMIT!

I had thought they wouldn't update till at least midday. I wasn't feeling good this weekend and still have well over a 1500 coins to redeem.

I want to at least get both poster sets. The worst part of this is with the traffic how am I even able to redeem other surveys?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Man, that list of games is AMAZING now. Granted, still some meh stuff (Urban Champion is back), but wow at some of those retail 3DS games.

Also, not sure if it was mentioned, but Doc Louis' Punch-Out was only available as a reward for Plaitnum members the very first year of Club Nintendo, so this is your only other chance to nab it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Man, looking at the list of games multiple times, why wasn't this the norm, or better yet, part of the selection for last year? I think if we had this huge selection to choose from, I would've been more content. I mean, Wonderful 101 as a Platinum reward? I would've been stoked.

Physical rewards, those SSB posters are much better. Still no Mega Man & Pac-Man (I know, 3rd party & all that), but I'd totally hang the Duck Hunt & Shulk posters up. Jigsaw puzzle has a cool picture, but I think most of us wouldn't take the pieces out & try to solve it. Messenger bag is rather cool, but I still have my Star one from a few years back. Shirt is meeehh.

I only have the coins to get the desktop calendar, which I don't know. It's neat it's based on the Japanese one from a year or so ago, but it's useless after the year ends. Got a friend who might get me the posters, maybe I could aim for the messenger bag somehow.

Top Bottom