• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I think you could pick from either that or a Mario hat. I would have went for the Mario hat. :p

Oh riiiight it was the same year as the Mario hat. I just started getting points that year and then the next year was when I was literally ONE GAME OFF from platinum and missed that awesome statue... the best prize they ever had :/

Harusame

Even though I contemplated for quite a while, I more or less spent the rest of my coins on the MM messenger bag and 3DSXL pouch and game case. Now all that is left is to wait for my 200+ coins from the post play surveys.

MarkusRJR

Make sure you realize the size of the cards. They are super tiny. Doesn't make them bad by any means. I almost bought them but then read how small they are
Well, I'll probably ever use them at the airport. mainly want them for my Animal Crossing collection tbh. Game case seems more useful though, but then I'll have extra points with nothing to spend them on (I already own all the games that interest me).

Glix

Looking to trade Kirby WiiU code for super metroid or super punch out (wiiu) in case anyone missed kirby last month and wants it.

Shoot me a PM!

donny2112

Hmm, no, that can't be it, since it's the second best Paper Mario game.

Hmmm. It's better than Super Paper Mario. Are you ranking it above the original N64 game, too, then?

Can Majoras 3DS be used to redeem??

The type of 3DS system is irrelevant to being able to redeem a code. Therefore, yes, you can get a 3DS code now and hold onto it to redeem on a Majora's Mask n3DSXL in February.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I remember that someone made a tool to automatically fill in Club Nintendo surveys... does anyone still have a link to that?

And I have about 30-40 Wii U/3ds games to register... that should give me around 1200 coins?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I remember that someone made a tool to automatically fill in Club Nintendo surveys... does anyone still have a link to that?

And I have about 30-40 Wii U/3ds games to register... that should give me around 1200 coins?
If they haven't expired or the codes registered by other people (it wasn't very difficult to do this by changing other valid codes slighly) already.

Veitsev

3ds give 40, Wii U give 60 not including post play surveys which are an extra 10 per title (must be completed in 30 days). You could/should get considerably more than 1200.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If they haven't expired or the codes registered by other people (it wasn't very difficult to do this by changing other valid codes slighly) already.
Hah, I'm not too worried about it I guess. I've always kept old games around to register first for the old Platinum levels and I've never run into any problems. I was registering Wii games for last year's Platinum after all.

3ds give 40, Wii U give 60 not including post play surveys which are an extra 10 per title (must be completed in 30 days). You could/should get considerably more than 1200.
Oh right. And I did a lot of those intend to buy surveys too.

donny2112

Looksley's Lineup is DSiWare, but it's a really neat take on "3-D" gameplay using face tracking to move the screen as you move. It's super finicky on the face-tracking (a n3DS version of the game that used the system's face tracking would be interesting ...), but if you get a white background behind you, and get it to ~work, it's really an interesting experience. :)

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Still refreshing and getting nowhere. It was always a crappy server, but now I just want to get it done and over with and get my games.

I assume none of these qualify for surveys, once they get redeemed?

donny2112

The games will qualify for surveys, yes. If you're wanting just digital stuff, after a few days, it should be performing fine as most everybody will be done with the physical stuff, which is making the site impossible currently. :(

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
The games will qualify for surveys, yes. If you're wanting just digital stuff, after a few days, it should be performing fine as most everybody will be done with the physical stuff, which is making the site impossible currently. :(

Nice, might get a few more then. Wasn't sure if these counted since I heard that stuff like the Wii downloads didn't.

F5 F5 F5. F5 was not very effective...

What cultural element are the desktop calendar costumes based on? Japanese new year characters of some kind?

Also, how is Paper Mario Sticker Star? I hear conflicting opinions and I have almost zero experience with the Paper series.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I think that the website keeps failing due to the load. I am pretty sure that Nintendo's server consists of a hamster wheel, two candles, and an old school Lite Brite.

Yeah that sounds about right!

Darn, I keep wanting to look at the tshirt. Didn't realize that there was 4 designs, but every time I click on it I get booted :/

EDIT: Oh. Got in and "4 styles" is actually just 4 sizes...

PokéKong

Has anyone who purchased Wii Punch-Out or Prime Trilogy had them sync to their CN account yet? Galaxy registered on mine pretty quickly but the others of yet to show up and I'm getting concerned.

Ventara

700 coins for Sticker Star but 600 coins for Wonderful 101? lol. Anyways, all things considered, these rewards are decent. Could've been a lot worse.

Currently, I have 900 points and am debating between 2 cases (they'll always come in handy), the messenger bag (anyone know how the quality is?), the posters (might be nice to have 1 set whenever I have the space to hang them) and the jigsaw puzzle (puzzles are fun). Anyone want to shoot me some advice on what to get?

PokéKong;150331925 said:
Has anyone who purchased Wii Punch-Out or Prime Trilogy had them sync to their CN account yet? Galaxy registered on mine pretty quickly but the others of yet to show up and I'm getting concerned.

They were both released after the 20th, so they don't qualify for coins.

Sora_N

700 coins for Sticker Star but 600 coins for Wonderful 101? lol. Anyways, all things considered, these rewards are decent. Could've been a lot worse.

Currently, I have 900 points and am debating between 2 cases (they'll always come in handy), the messenger bag (anyone know how the quality is?), the posters (might be nice to have 1 set whenever I have the space to hang them) and the jigsaw puzzle (puzzles are fun). Anyone want to shoot me some advice on what to get?

I'd take the physical rewards if I were you, as long as you like them more than those games you listed. You can always buy the games.

PokéKong;150331925 said:

Galaxy 2 (eshop) is the last nintendo game that give coins..after that none will give you coins.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Its not a bad game its just a bad paper Mario game. Its still w pretty fun adventure game
I think this sums it up. I don't dislike it as much as others on here do, but I can agree with the flaws & it kind of just made me want to go back to Thousand Year Door.

Man, wish I had the coins to get both the posters & Doc Louis' Punch-Out to go with the fact I have the Wii game downloaded now. But I can't even get the posters due to being 140 coins short. Need to see how much my friend would charge me for the posters.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Quick review of Harmoknight anyone? I played the demo, it was pretty challenging... but I enjoyed it. How is the whole game?

heyf00L

I just registered a game and didn't get any coins for it. I'm talking to support now.

Be careful while the servers are sizzling.

womp

Twinbee 3D, YES/NO???

I was horrible in 1987 and the years haven't been kind. I like Twinbee, but not the NES version. I'd say NO.

I feel bad because it is the one 3D Classics game I won't have and therefore won't have a complete set but I can't pull the trigger...yuck.

zroid

Banned
Quick review of Harmoknight anyone? I played the demo, it was pretty challenging... but I enjoyed it. How is the whole game?

I love it. Only complaint is that it's maybe a bit overpriced, but at 300 coins it's a steal.

rhythm platforming is the best genre

edit: you also realize it's a lot deeper than it seems at first because of the charge attack which gives you 2x points. figuring out how to maximize your score gives the game a ton of challenge and replay value (just don't expect it to reward you for that stuff)

Top Bottom