• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

tmarques

It won't happen, but straight eshop credit would be baller.

I can't imagine Nintendo offering any games that people who reached Platinum would want and don't already have, so this would be a terrific solution. But I'm fully prepared to be disappointed.

Any chance of Layton vs. Wright being part of the list? I know it's kind of recent, but it flopped bad, didn't it? It's the only Nintendo-published game I'm interested in that I don't already own.

Elite Rewards Prediction

I predict the following:

• We'll get the option to download any game or two from the eShop.
  • We'll get eShop credit codes of $25-30.
  • We'll get the Ambassador games as a reward.
  • We'll get the Club Nintendo OSTs packaged together as an elite physical reward.
  • On the subject of rewards I think most of the physical rewards from the past will make a return as elite rewards.

And that's how Club Nintendo went out with a bang.

It'll be all of that for platinum, and gold members will get a calendar they can download to their PC desktop.

NEO0MJ

Elite Rewards Prediction

I predict the following:

• We'll get the option to download any game or two from the eShop.
  • We'll get eShop credit codes of $25-30.
  • We'll get the Ambassador games as a reward.
  • We'll get the Club Nintendo OSTs packaged together as an elite physical reward.
  • On the subject of rewards I think most of the physical rewards from the past will make a return as elite rewards.

And that's how Club Nintendo went out with a bang.

Surely you jest?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Another reminder that the US doesn't get as many OSTs compared to other regions.

Seriously, I REALLY want that Mario Kart 8 OST.

radcliff

Probably a stupid question, but will the platinum rewards cost coins as well? I have about 2,000 coins and want to go on a VC spending spree, but will wait to see what the platinum rewards are until I redeem if I need to.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Probably a stupid question, but will the platinum rewards cost coins as well? I have about 2,000 coins and want to go on a VC spending spree, but will wait to see what the platinum rewards are until I redeem if I need to.

Holy. Crap. 2000 coins? Damn. Buy me somethin' will ya?

To answer your question: Platnium Rewards are free. It WILL be a download code for a game, Nintendo said.

SickBoy

I'm hoping they'll offer some recent-ish stuff I'm interested in but maybe not so interested to buy, like Bayonetta and Hyrule Warriors.

I don't know there's a lot they can really offer that they haven't already listed.

Renewed

So 6 days after receiving the shipping notice, my Smash Bros v2 posters (Shulk, Duck Hunt, and Bowser Jr.) have arrived. In great condition I might add!

Gonna go by Michael's this week to grab some frames for these. And I think with that I'm pretty much done with Club Nintendo. Just have to wait for updates on Mewtwo and Platinum rewards.

Gravidee

You guys weren't kidding about the Smash CD having poor mail packaging. Thankfully, mine didn't even have a scratch on it when it arrived.

So, CN plat predictions?

3DS:
-Tomodatchi Life
-Bravely Default
-Fantasy Life
-Luigi's Mansion
-+Whatever retail games were also obtainable with coins

Wii U:
-Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
-Pikmin 3
-The Legend of Zelda Windwaker HD
-+Whatever retail games were downloadable with coins.

oh man.. last day to register coins.. i need 5 points to hit plat.. what should i do?!

Buy Sky Peace for 99 cents. It's cheap and actually pretty fun.

Ventara

Tomorrow is. Everything has to be done by the time the calendar flips over to April.

Ah, okay, cool. I'm hoping to scrounge up enough points to get a 3DS case before everything shuts down.

Edit: What about the surveys? Will I still get 10 points for them, or is it too late?

Just noticed that my Platinum poster set has finally shipped! Now to decide on which frames to buy for them. I'm mostly excited for the Pikmin poster.

I'm not standing at around 700 coins with no idea of what to do with.

Personally I feel the bag isn't worth that much money. The image is barely even visible because of the design.

Get the wonderful 101 and gift it to me :( lol

mostly kidding

Ondore

Ah, okay, cool. I'm hoping to scrounge up enough points to get a 3DS case before everything shuts down.

Edit: What about the surveys? Will I still get 10 points for them, or is it too late?

You'll get registration surveys for eShop games, but no post-play and no coins whatsoever for VC stuff.

are there any digital rewards that are Club Nintendo exclusive?

DocLouisPunchOut_1.jpg

grill-off_big_1.jpg

zroid

Banned
Japan has a few more as well... maybe NoA will finally give us Club Nintendo Picross and/or Nintendouji?
hahahaa

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I was able to redeem both of those games via my Wii U. Still need to get them downloaded, but they're on my account at least.

Well this is it. Less than 48 hours until we know platinum. I honesly hope for Yoshi's New Island or Tomagatchi Life. Fantasy Life would be cool as suggested but I don't think Nintendo would have the rights to offer that. They only published it in NA right? So Level 5 would own it.

Can't get any WiiU games sadly because I can't afford a hard drive atm unless its really REALLY small.

If theres no retail games I want, I should be able to sell one of them for $10 or so. So either way its great for me. :) Of course everyone else will be selling theirs but $10 should be an alright deal right? I remember not being able to sell at $15 last year so I'll start with $10 (which I did sell) and see how it goes. Won't go lower than that.

Can't think of any other 1st party games that I want that I don't already own. Probably forgetting something tho.

I guess if worse comes to worse the Fluidity 3DS game should be there. I wanted that for awhile now. Didn't have enough coins for it, only 150 in the end which I spent on Metroid 2.

Top Bottom