• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
After March 31st, will digital games continue to give coins or will everything just stop giving you coins?
You won't be able to earn coins period, so digital games will stop giving them & you won't be able to register codes anymore.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'd say Wario Land 2 on the grounds there's the treasure to find, pieces of a map, & alternate paths to take, upping the replay value.

Slermy

I ended up picking up New Super Mario Bros. 2 from Target for $15, but the case is red. Is it guaranteed that it WON'T have a Club Nintendo code within?

Shizuka

You won't be able to earn coins period, so digital games will stop giving them & you won't be able to register codes anymore.

I must find a way to get 25 coins in two days. I won't be able to get Paper Mario which is what I wanted, but if I get 25 coins, I'll be able to get DKCR or NSMB2.

zigg

I must find a way to get 25 coins in two days. I won't be able to get Paper Mario which is what I wanted, but if I get 25 coins, I'll be able to get DKCR or NSMB2.
Have a look at the eligible products.

Just be forewarned that if you buy physical, you might get a new print run without a code, and will have to ask CS for one and that clock has almost ticked over. Took three days for mine, and I'm sure they're even more swamped now.

Shizuka

Have a look at the eligible products.

Just be forewarned that if you buy physical, you might get a new print run without a code, and will have to ask CS for one and that clock has almost ticked over. Took three days for mine, and I'm sure they're even more swamped now.

I'm thinking of getting a digital game, but I'd have to spend $10 or over to get an eShop card for that, which defeats the purpose for so little coins left.

I'm thinking of getting a digital game, but I'd have to spend $10 or over to get an eShop card for that, which defeats the purpose for so little coins left.
If you have access to a credit card, you can choose to add the exact amount you need to buy the game when making the purchase on the eShop.

Chibot

Both poster sets are OOS but still listed. Does that mean they'll be available again? What's historically been the case in that situation?

Shizuka

I decided to go for every game I have and input their codes on CN to see if I missed any. Found out that I had sealed copies of OoT3D and EO: Millenium Girl with codes inside and that I didn't register my Bravely Default copy.

Now I have a EU Fatal Frame 2 CN code that I need to exchange for a US code that'll give me any amount of coins, since I only need 5 coins now. If anyone wants to trade, send me a PM.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I decided to go for every game I have and input their codes on CN to see if I missed any. Found out that I had sealed copies of OoT3D and EO: Millenium Girl with codes inside and that I didn't register my Bravely Default copy.

Now I have a EU Fatal Frame 2 CN code that I need to exchange for a US code that'll give me any amount of coins, since I only need 5 coins now. If anyone wants to trade, send me a PM.

I assume you already got all the coins from the FTP games on wiiu and 3ds?

As mentioned above, I wouldn't mind Luigi's Mansion 3DS being an elite status reward.

But I only made it through maybe half of the original game on GCN.

big_z

I have 310 coins left over and not sure what to get. Is nes remix or dr luigi worth while? Does anyone play dr luigi online?

I would get alltp but its the wii version and theres not really any vc games that stand out.(I have earthbound) plus well have to rebuy everything on new accounts when NX comes out anyway.

Shizuka

I found a code with my EU Wii, so I'll trade my EU Wii and EU Fatal Frame 2 codes for any US code. That's quite the deal, shoot me a PM if you're interested in trading.

Bowl0l

I have 310 coins left over and not sure what to get. Is nes remix or dr luigi worth while? Does anyone play dr luigi online?

I would get alltp but its the wii version and theres not really any vc games that stand out.(I have earthbound) plus well have to rebuy everything on new accounts when NX comes out anyway.
I am in the same position.
@gaf, pls help.

jholmes

I am in the same position.
@gaf, pls help.

NES Remix is one of my favourite games on the system and Dr. Luigi is a great version of Dr. Mario.

Iwata said in the big January Direct that the Wii U Virtual Console was being set up to be more forward-compatible than on Wii so I wouldn't assume you're rebuying things on the NX.

Just my advice. Three excellent games you're looking at there. I'd just pick the genre you're most interested to play at the moment.

fernoca

plus well have to rebuy everything on new accounts when NX comes out anyway.
???
Didn't they said they were going to start incorporating/merging with DeNA accounts on Wii U and 3DS this fall?

I know about "is Nintendo", but at this moment everything points to not rebuying things.

In any case, while I prefer NES Remix and the sequel, I'd choose Dr. Luigi simply because it's eShop exclusive; while you can buy both NES Remix at retail.

So does Nintendo not always send a shipping email on reward items? According to my orders on club Nintendo my posters I ordered months ago and the smash bros cd should have got to me yet I've seen neither. The only email I got recently was for an undisclosed reward item on the 20th that hasn't been seen.

Really worried my items are getting stolen.

Maengun1

Good, because it's already confirmed to not be a physical reward.

I'm going all out with predictions.

Platinum highlights:
Hyrule Warriors
Bayonetta 1 & 2
Professor Layton: Azran and Fantasy Life in one combo
because
Tropical Freeze will obviously be there, but I'm trying to keep to the "Wow" guesses. :p

I still haven't picked up Bayonetta or Hyrule Warriors, so I would be more than happy if this proves true.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
So I never registered my WiiU, 3DS XL, games, etc.

Is it too late? It seems like I have to wait for a survey before getting points?

big_z

So I never registered my WiiU, 3DS XL, games, etc.

Is it too late? It seems like I have to wait for a survey before getting points?

you have until the end of the month so get on it right away. I registered games and consoles for both wii u and 3ds and the surveys showed up instantly for me. the only exceptions was a digital copy of wii fit u and the wii u itself. it took a day for those surveys to show up.

Platy

Got Hyrule Warriors and this games praticaly BEGS for you to download the content.
...it helps that it is an insane amount of gameplay/money equation =P

I can totaly see this being a reward ...

BUT

Not getting 60 bucks to get 20 bucks is the same as not getting 40 bucks ... so hopes for Kirby Rainbow Curse and Captain Toad =x

SCReuter

are games being removed from the eligible list?
I no longer see Steel Divers and Pilotwings Resort

It looks that way, at least for Nintendo's physical 3DS launch titles (Nintendogs + Cats, Pilotwings Resort, Steel Diver). They were on the eligible list last month, so the removal was recent.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
OoT 3D as a platinum reward would be amazing. Won't happen though. We'll get DKCR3D and
sell it online like I did last year

//ARCANUM

I have my finger on the trigger of about $20 worth of club nintendo codes on eBay (for around 200ish points)... I'm at 610 and I want that Zelda bag.... i'm not sure.... do i do it..... do it gaf?

NEO0MJ

Just noticed that my Platinum poster set has finally shipped! Now to decide on which frames to buy for them. I'm mostly excited for the Pikmin poster.

I'm not standing at around 700 coins with no idea of what to do with.

I have my finger on the trigger of about $20 worth of club nintendo codes on eBay (for around 200ish points)... I'm at 610 and I want that Zelda bag.... i'm not sure.... do i do it..... do it gaf?

Personally I feel the bag isn't worth that much money. The image is barely even visible because of the design.

wilflare

It looks that way, at least for Nintendo's physical 3DS launch titles (Nintendogs + Cats, Pilotwings Resort, Steel Diver). They were on the eligible list last month, so the removal was recent.

I was about to go out and get a copy of Pilotwings Resort - so I guess there isn't a point now?

Got my shipping e-mail for my Smash OST finally... hope I get it in one piece.

Bummer, just 60 points away from being able to get Doc Louis's Punch-Out.

Any chance somebody has an extra code to spare? I'd be forever in your debt!

I only have 585 coins in my account, and from the look of things, I won't be able to get any more.
Any recommended stuff I can use it on?
Or maybe I should wait until the Elite Prize games are available on Wednesday...

i-Jest

Elite Rewards Prediction

I predict the following:

• We'll get the option to download any game or two from the eShop.
  • We'll get eShop credit codes of $25-30.
  • We'll get the Ambassador games as a reward.
  • We'll get the Club Nintendo OSTs packaged together as an elite physical reward.
  • On the subject of rewards I think most of the physical rewards from the past will make a return as elite rewards.

And that's how Club Nintendo went out with a bang.

Bowl0l

My bold prediction:
Pikmin 3 Short Movie 3D for Platinum
Pikmin 3 Short Movie HD for Gold

and a 3 hour Pikmin movie, exclusive to Club Nintendo

Platy

Elite Rewards Prediction

I predict the following:

• We'll get the option to download any game or two from the eShop.
  • We'll get eShop credit codes of $25-30.
  • We'll get the Ambassador games as a reward.
  • We'll get the Club Nintendo OSTs packaged together as an elite physical reward.
  • On the subject of rewards I think most of the physical rewards from the past will make a return as elite rewards.

And that's how Club Nintendo went out with a bang.

It is confirmed to be digital only

Top Bottom