• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US Government: DON'T USE IE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deg

Banned
Memles said:
Trying Firefox now...is it anal to be annoyed by the littlest of things? I mean, the scroll speed is different, and the little blinking line showing my position in this message is more intrusive than usual.

You can change those in Firefox. Spend afew minutes just tweaking it. You'll find it surpisingly easy and flexible to change around. There isnt any reason to use IE anymore.

I downloaded Opera, but then I noticed some banner that wouldn't go away unless I bought the software. Well, since Firefox is free and completely devoid of banners, my decision was easy.

Deg

Banned
mjq jazz bar said:
I downloaded Opera, but then I noticed some banner that wouldn't go away unless I bought the software. Well, since Firefox is free and completely devoid of banners, my decision was easy.

You get what you pay for ;)

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
The power of Firefox comes from the extensions... you can literally make the thing work the way YOU want it to.

Deg

Banned
DarienA said:
The power of Firefox comes from the extensions... you can literally make the thing work the way YOU want it to.

Same goes for Opera. Although in Firefox most of the extensions are just Opera copycat feature add ons ;) . Which is why i recommend trying Opera first to get an idea of what you want. Adding tottaly new stuff is simpler in Firefox however but there isnt anything i have come across that Opera cant do unlesss its odd.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Hitokage said:
Nice handwaving. Anyway, Firefox, being open source, is all about hackers finding flaws and quick turnaround time... the hackers being the developers, that is. ;)

Stole my answer. The fact that it's open-source goes a long way towards stability and security. I fill my bug report out every time FireFox crashes... so yeah, I've had to do it like twice.

I agree with Maharg's point as well. Reason I don't use Opera is that it's a much bigger resource hog than even Firefox, and FireFox is using up 46 MB of my system memory at the moment, that's pretty sick heh.

Deg

Banned
Wellington said:
Stole my answer. The fact that it's open-source goes a long way towards stability and security. I fill my bug report out every time FireFox crashes... so yeah, I've had to do it like twice.

I agree with Maharg's point as well.

Yeah same here. I'm happy to do it :D I have firefox installed with lots of extensions and tweaks. I love trying to make it better but i've hit the roof and Opera has a higher roof. I use them both but Opera is my default.

Reason I don't use Opera is that it's a much bigger resource hog than even Firefox, and FireFox is using up 46 MB of my system memory at the moment, that's pretty sick heh.

Actually Opera uses less resources than Firefox :)

OK, stupid Firefox question: How do I make it default to open links in new tabs instead of new windows? I've looked through the firefox options and can't find it. Is there an extension I need or did I just miss it?

33% is actually a lot higher than I expected for Mozilla users visiting GAF. But then again, if it solely consisted of hits from Wario and other constant posters, the numbers are skewed. ;) No way to truly tell anyway...

I use FireFox because it loads quickly, and all I need are two additional extensions to get what I want out of my browser. And everything is free, and I don't want any more ads on my browser, just the ones loaded onto the site I'm visiting.

Flaming Duck said:
OK, stupid Firefox question: How do I make it default to open links in new tabs instead of new windows? I've looked through the firefox options and can't find it. Is there an extension I need or did I just miss it?
Tre` taught me that this is actually built into FireFox. Middle click on a link and voila

fart

Savant
i think a lot of forum users switched over during the great popup invasions of 03

NOT ME, BITCHES!!!!1111oneoneoen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom