• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[US] new boxarts -- a few surprises (56k no)

281053b.jpg
244415.jpg
244787.jpg
243879.jpg

243390.jpg
243247.jpg
244319.jpg
243873.jpg

245463.jpg
243014.jpg
244817.jpg
244276.jpg

245131.jpg

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Heh, looks like Dragonball got a new cover too. Guess there's still a reason to find the original

243014.jpg

Sexy. I'm playing the first one right now and the game is kicking my ass. Very good game though

DCX

DCX
B0002LA5AW.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

"Man i have to save his sorry ass three times this week...i'm just gonna let his ass fry next time"

DCX

ferricide

Meier said:
What surprises?

P.S. WORST COVER EVER for Amazing Island?
yeah. ugh. but they're trying to sell it to small children, not you.

the in-game art sucks too, in a completely different way.

screen_4.jpg

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
skip said:
yep. we never heard an announcement or ever saw any preview code for this.

Mark my words, this will be the shitty-franchise-owning-simulator to end all shitty-franchise-owning-simulators.

jett

D-Member
Nearly all of those covers are ASS. I guess the surprise is Fatal Frame II for XBOX. I didn't know it had even been announced.

skip

LakeEarth said:
245463.jpg

What exactly do you do with yourself in this game?

reminds me of "my dinner with andre" from the simpsons. perhaps an exciting and life-affirming adventure of the inner self?

Joe

that 'yourself' game was at e3 i think. its like a workout game for women or something like that.

Matlock

Banned
LakeEarth said:
245463.jpg

What exactly do you do with yourself in this game?

From what little I've read of it, it's on the same plane of ideas that DDR, Eyetoy, et al are with "Activities with games!"

This one, though, is pretty much a customizable workout video.

Matlock

Banned
Also: who is Ignition Entertainment? A small startup developer, or something?

I wonder how good the games will be...hrrrm.

Meier

The 'booth babe' for Yourself was trying to recruit people from the GAF luncheon at E3 to go check out their booth.

Ferricide: The thing is though, if they were just going for a kids demographic with it, they should have used art reminiscent of the game -- not some shitty 3D render with an equally shitty title font.

Matlock

Banned
Meier said:
Ferricide: The thing is though, if they were just going for a kids demographic with it, they should have used art reminiscent of the game -- not some shitty 3D render with an equally shitty title font.

reading between the lines to find the one truth

Meier

Oh and Rockman/Megaman Zero continues to have the best looking art this gen. I love it. Too bad I never play the games themselves though.

Syberia 2, Under the Skin and Fatal Frame 2 are the only ones that really look good. Everything else ranges from bad to to what were they thinking (Shadow of Rome and Amazing Island).

That "Amazing Island" is one of Sega's worst boxart ever this generation!! WHAT were they thinking!!! At least use the in game models, don't try to rip off Pokemone or something...I can see this game as another BOMB for Sega.

244817.jpg

:O!!

I never would have expected that to come here. Of course, I guess this one is modern instead of the usual WWII theme with playable Hitler and all, so it's a bit less of a risk. Still...why didn't they change the title? Are Kemco on crack? Should be interesting, though, if it's at least playable.

AniHawk

Meier said:
Oh and Rockman/Megaman Zero continues to have the best looking art this gen. I love it. Too bad I never play the games themselves though.

I think the PSO games look better.

191202.jpg

223859.jpg

232747.jpg

244783-mock.jpg

240605.jpg

jarrod

Banned
ferricide said:
yeah. ugh. but they're trying to sell it to small children, not you.

the in-game art sucks too, in a completely different way.

screen_4.jpg
Poor Ancient, look what they've been reduced too. From Streets of Rage 2 and Beyond Oasis to.... Amazing Island. :/

Kon Tiki

Banned
So appropriate that Gretzky is in a Rangers jersey. Reflects the game very well.

Now if EA licenced the Oilers Gretzky, they might best ESPN....

j/k

skip said:
yep. we never heard an announcement or ever saw any preview code for this.

There was a press release.

DarkCloud

jett said:
Nearly all of those covers are ASS. I guess the surprise is Fatal Frame II for XBOX. I didn't know it had even been announced.

New FPS perspective optional play mode with enhanced graphics
New Survival Mode
Additional extra "Happy" ending
Extra areas to explore in All Gods village
New items to uncover (Costumes and such)
Additional ghosts
Standard graphical enhancements in the main game
5.1 support
Gallery/Extras Purchase mode (according to some screens in Famitsu)

The lst of extra stuff so far (before they added the Director's Cut to the title...Here's hoping they advertise the damn game for once. It deserves to sell.

brandonnn

BEAUTY&SEXY
Matlock said:
Also: who is Ignition Entertainment? A small startup developer, or something?

The Ignition that's releasing the stuff here is just the American publishing branch of a UK developer that, to the best of my knowledge, has been around for roundabout 2 years now. Super Dropzone came out in February of 2003 in Europe, and I'm actually sort of surprised to see it released here at all, MacLean/Dropzone being far far less of a household name in the states.

suikodan

244415.jpg

I cannot wait for this one. I loved the NES version at the time and I still have Pirates! Gold's floppies. When is it coming out?

245131.jpg

I thought it was a new game then I looked at the title... I cannot believe it.

pilonv1

jiji said:
244817.jpg

:O!!

I never would have expected that to come here. Of course, I guess this one is modern instead of the usual WWII theme with playable Hitler and all, so it's a bit less of a risk. Still...why didn't they change the title? Are Kemco on crack? Should be interesting, though, if it's at least playable.

So what is this game?

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
This yourself game is kinda weird, and yes it's a workout game and it's only $35. Interesting that they're releasing it for the Xbox instead of the PS2 where most of these weird games end up.

pt_KneesDropToSide.jpg

pt_LungeKneeUp1.jpg

pt_OverTheTop.jpg
pt_PushUpBall.jpg

Top Bottom