• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[US] new boxarts -- a few surprises (56k no)

Redbeard

Banned
245030.jpg

Future candidate for "Worst boxart ever" thread.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
WTF, there's a Japanese hex-based wargame coming out on the Xbox? You could have given me a million guesses as to what's coming out for the Xbox and I would never get that.

Better get them fast, I can't imagine there's much of a print run.

Edit: oh snap it's only $20. I'm actually going to get this, can't resist the novelty.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Oh my god, a Dai Senryaku game is coming out here?! I had to resist the strong urges to import the Dreamcast versions a few years back.

Hot shit. I <3 me some hex strategy!

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
brandonnn said:
The Ignition that's releasing the stuff here is just the American publishing branch of a UK developer that, to the best of my knowledge, has been around for roundabout 2 years now. Super Dropzone came out in February of 2003 in Europe, and I'm actually sort of surprised to see it released here at all, MacLean/Dropzone being far far less of a household name in the states.
Yeah, and back when I was spending my free time on GBA coverage, I'd uncovered that Ignition was going to be publishing Bits Studios' Jet Riders. It was never officially announced or anything, but I had it on good word from both companies. I kinda hope that still gets released. Looked like a fun racer to me.

Memles

Wario64 said:

You have GOT to be fucking kidding me.

Just read some impressions from wrestling fanboys who think this game will be god's game (As they've thought with every single Smackdown title) who think this cover "Rocks" and is "Innovative".

Drugs are bad, kids.

vireland

:O!!

I never would have expected that to come here. Of course, I guess this one is modern instead of the usual WWII theme with playable Hitler and all, so it's a bit less of a risk. Still...why didn't they change the title? Are Kemco on crack? Should be interesting, though, if it's at least playable.

I looked at bringing this title out in the US and even went so far as to contact Kool Kizz (yes, that is the developer name), but at the time the Live version was a long way off (dunno if it ever was even released), and my enthusiasm for the game wore thin once I realized that it was no Iron Storm. Yeah, they're both based on the same engine, but there isn't much flair to this Daisenryaku. The battles are played out like a crappy version of 2D Nectaris. There's no 3D "you're on the wing" assaults on enemy positions or *anything*. It's pretty depressing. Came with a nifty helicopter model in Japan, though.

I would hope that this version has Live support (if KK ever finished that version). THAT would make the game. Otherwise...eh.

GSG Flash said:
This yourself game is kinda weird, and yes it's a workout game and it's only $35. Interesting that they're releasing it for the Xbox instead of the PS2 where most of these weird games end up.

One of the previews I read on this 'game' was actually pretty interesting - mainly because it's not one. It really is just a full-blown workout program, with a shitload of customization and guidance for setting up a routine, a programmable calorie management system, and strangely enough even some yoga extensions.

Since it's not a game and will inevitably be found at game stores, it's certainly a weird title for the system, but for anybody who wants to take a serious look at trimming up, this could be a good way to do it.

pilonv1 said:
Anyone want to explain Monster Garage? And how is it online?
It's prolly Xbox Live "Aware". This is a bullshit tactic to get people to buy the game thinking it can be played online.

Shiggy

attachment.php

The right one is the new US boxart. The European boxart looks much better, it is the same as the old US one.

u_neek

Shiggy said:
attachment.php

The right one is the new US boxart. The European boxart looks much better, it is the same as the old US one.

Ew, the American boxart is ugly..

Why is the Taiko game that big?!

Top Bottom