• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US Open 2017 |OT| The One Where Everyone's Injured (Or Pregnant)

If Murray didn't fuck the draw we might've seen a Fedal final. Now we only get a dumb semis*

As bad as the USO is, it's still entertaining me more than the French. I like the silly draw.

*unless of course the Rublevenator does his thing.

miserable

Somehow my title for the thread doesn't sound that bad in my head now: "US Open 2017 |OT| The Worsterer Slam"...damn, I should have called dibs on making the thread.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
China, Japan, India or South Korea?

North Korea, in exchange for the termination of their nuclear weapons programme.

They can just use Delpo's forehand.

If Murray didn't fuck the draw we might've seen a Fedal final. Now we only get a dumb semis*

As bad as the USO is, it's still entertaining me more than the French. I like the silly draw.

*unless of course the Rublevenator does his thing.

Why did Murray even do that? He get hurt early on or to make money?

Diamond

He arrived in NY injured and hoped the few days before the tournament would be enough to recover. He probably realized during his trainings he wouldn't be able to go very far.

That's a questionable decision because it influenced the final draw but it was a tough call to make for him too. Andy is usually one of the straightest players on tour so it seems a little silly to blame him for that.

Hey all,

Was thinking about buying tickets for tomorrow but I see the schedule isn't set yet. Is there any way to know when Raffa is playing? My GF is a huge fan, so I don't want to Stub Hub the wrong time. Anything else I should know about going? The big matches are assigned seats, right? Not a grounds pass? Sorry for the questions, I have never been to a live match before!

I blame the US open organisers and ITF. There is no reason they couldn't make a new draw due to withdrawals. A single match hadn't been played yet, there is no good reason I can think of, why they don't do such an easy and simple thing.

Hey all,

Was thinking about buying tickets for tomorrow but I see the schedule isn't set yet. Is there any way to know when Raffa is playing? My GF is a huge fan, so I don't want to Stub Hub the wrong time. Anything else I should know about going? The big matches are assigned seats, right? Not a grounds pass? Sorry for the questions, I have never been to a live match before!

Yes assigned seats at Ashe, but people don't always follow that if there are enough empty seats. You still need a ticket or course to get in.

Rafa is likely a day match as both Fed and DelPo played late. But the US Open hasn't always made great decisions. Ashe schedule should be a few hours away.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
you know, Delpo has prevented a Fedal match at the USO in the past...

yes, that Delpo was a different man, with a different body

We can rebuild him! We have the technology!

Yes assigned seats at Ashe, but people don't always follow that if there are enough empty seats. You still need a ticket or course to get in.

Rafa is likely a day match as both Fed and DelPo played late. But the US Open hasn't always made great decisions. Ashe schedule should be a few hours away.

All singles matches will be on Ashe from here on out. It's the quarterfinals!
Thank you, both! I'll wait for the schedule to be posted assuming it's shortly. Thought I could sneak in early before the prices jump.

RedAssedApe

Banned
nooo...come on sloane.

the way momentum shifts so often on the women's side is so weird. breaks literally seem to not matter due to most of the women not being able to consistently hold server so i have hope.

sam777

Tomorrow's schedule is Nadal Vs Rublev as the second day match and Fed Vs Del Porto as the second night match.

At least I can watch the Nadal match but I also got the urge to wake up at 2.30am to watch Del Porto Vs Fed.

Del Petro could very well oust my man Federer tomorrow with the mentality he has brought to this slam. Wouldn't surprise me if he wins. Great tennis player.

oti

Banned
Some of Sevastova's shots make me wonder how she made it this far into the tournament. Forehand slice so close to the T? Seriously?

Top Bottom