• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valentino Rossi - The Game (MotoGP 16)

Jamesways

Announced last week. Didn't see a thread about it, thought I'd start one for the handfull of MotoGP game fans on here.

From Milestone, coming next June. They're giving MotoGP similar treatment as the Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo game, offering a mode dedicated to the history of the iconic/famous (infamous after this season?) rider.

12299309_777405205719297_7258182520504139340_n_zpsngenqnwb.jpg

Trailer, no gameplay

Press release-
Follow Rossi’s career from his first 125 race to the thrilling 2015 season and experience his personal training ranch in the new video game. The MotoGP™ official video game in 2016, will incorporate plenty of new details dedicated to the 9-times World Champion, Valentino Rossi as well as all the classic features which have distinguished the series over the years, and the 2016 MotoGP™ championship season. Participate in the official MotoGP™ World Championship, retrace Rossi’s career from its beginnings to the present day, take control of a Rally car and let loose on various tracks such as the Monza Rally, participate in thrilling Flat Track races and discover the world of the Valentino Rossi Ranch. These are just a few of the highlights, which will keep fans glued to Valentino Rossi The Game, with its thrilling on and off-line racing.

Luisa Bixio V.P. Milestone: “We are really enthusiastic about this partnership and project, Milestone has been developing MotoGP for a few years, but the experience we are going to offer all motorcycle racing and Valentino fans this year is quite simply unique. Players can grapple with the entire 2016 official championship, but most of all they can experience the passion, professionalism and experience of Valentino Rossi, both in and out of the championship, with exclusive rally and flat track content, as well as much more that only the number 46 can offer. We also like to think of this as an Italian project par excellence, which we’re sure will be appreciated all over the world.”

Valentino Rossi: “I'm happy to announce that I'll participate in the making of Valentino Rossi The Game, along with the guys at Milestone. We chose to include both the most important elements of my MotoGP career, and all the extra circuit stuff that are so important to me, like Ranch, Rally and more. It will be fun to approach the game not only as a gamer, but also as a 'test driver'. I'll work with the development team to make sure all fans will get the best experience they ever had."

Website-
http://valentinorossithegame.com/

Screens-
From the "Rossi Ranch" off road stuff.
12308189_933080023433374_5992899703598620364_o_zpsq7qnhtnb.jpg

12322497_933080083433368_5568665387473989886_o_zpsgzufse5l.jpg

12307472_933080096766700_2592168293031259150_o_zps7ihw0b24.jpg

It'll be interesting to see these additions to the MotoGP portion. The Rally car mode is probably a small slice lifted from SLR Evo. Better than the Pace Car mode they had in 14...
Wonder if they'll include the typical MotoGP stuff, career, classes and previous seasons, 2 and 4-stroke bikes, etc. Sounds like only the 16 season bikes and riders available.

I love their MotoGP games, so I'm in.

Jamesways

What is that stuff all about Loeb infamous?

Milestone lost the WRC license. So instead of making an official WRC game, they're making Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo, with a huge list of classic and modern rally cars, and a mode that focuses on the history of Loeb through the years. That comes out Jan 29th.

This Rossi game looks to be the same strategy. People have complained that their MotoGP offerings are getting a bit stale and want something new rather than just the same career mode.

Jamesways

Website went up a week or so ago.

http://motogpvideogame.com/game_info/

Looks like it could be one of the biggest MotoGP games yet.

291 Riders, so probably all the old 2-4 stroke riders, MotoGP, Moto2, and 3 from the current and past year.

47 Tracks, which is fantastic, unless a bulk of these are the silly dirt track variations.

Rumor is Phakisa Freeway 2004, Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca 2008, Donington Park Circuit 2000, Estoril Circuit 2007 and TT Circuit Assen 2002 are possibly included.

Jamesways

So was thinking of waiting on this as I still enjoy MotoGP15 (prefer the 2014 Hondas) and they don't really change drastically year to year, but in a drunken impulse I pre-ordered on PSN last night. CDKeys had UK codes for sale.
Thanks Hop Dish IPAs...

Anyone else jumping on this next week?

VVV game overview video-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKZ9xzuuHBM

Jamesways

Well, it's out. Initial impressions, kinda mixed honestly.

Menus and UI got reworked, I like the style.

There's a ton of content in this! For me, A LOT of modes I'll probably never play. I'm not a huge fan of the flat track dirt bike races, drifting, or even the rally car modes. The rally car stuff they lifted from SL Rally Evo, so it feels very similar.

I'll probably stick the MotoGP section. I'm not sure if I'll even do a career this time, all of the riders are unlocked at the start, so no more grinding to get the best teams and riders in the MotoGP mode anymore. You can do a championship in the MotoGP mode so that'll be where I'll spend most of my time.

So... Physics, they've changed slightly. I can't quite wrap my head around exactly what yet, but it feels different than 15. No more huge wobble when shifting from 1st to 2nd on the throttle, so that's good. I can't seem to find the traction control options, I'm not sure it's in there. Just Pro, Semi-Pro, etc for model.

They've dropped the whole garage part before the race, it's just a menu now while you're on the grid so that's much faster and sleeker IMO. You can adjust the settings of the bike right before the race there.

Graphics, some good and bad. Overall they got an upgrade. It's looks even more like a next gen game now. Granted, not AAA, but much better than 14 and 15 and Ride. They got rid of shiny stone with the clumps of grass for trackside, the lighting looks a bit better in general, trackside has a bit more detail, some new skyscapes, but a lot of the same recycled cloud sky boxes. On some tracks on the cloudy setting it looks a lot more realistic.
Bike and rider models are top notch as they usually are, and they got rid of the pop in details as you're coming up to riders in 15.

However, the rain graphics and effects, not good. Definite downgrade IMO. They never had super convincing effects compared to other racers, but this year it looks worse than 15 for sure. Streaks of white coming straight down for rain. They had some great puddle effects on the last entry and they dialed that back, it's just a shiny track for the most part now. The effects are distracting to say the least. The wet track option still looks great though, if you get tired of the same skyboxes in clear and cloudy settings, these are different.

The helmet cam looks fine, I wish they would have gone back to the DOF motion blur in 14 for it though. It is NOT in, even for the flat track despite the preview videos showing it. The camera FOV has changed slightly and you dip way lower in tucking in. But using free camera to check the rider position of the head and eyes, it's more accurate, they do get that low to the tank.

I'm happy they have a large amount of older bikes, there are 4 stroke, 2 stroke, 500cc, etc modes with a subset in each. I love the 2012-14 Hondas and they have a few in there. But these modes are kind of limited, you only race against 10 or so opponents from various years, so no complete grids. But that's the same as last year.
In these older modes as well as the 2015 season, you get the extra tracks. Laguna is back in, as well as Donnington, Estoril, the old layout of Assen, and Phakisa. So that's awesome.

They cut the last season's Moto2 and 3, it's just the 2016 teams and riders.

And of course they have the Rossi historical stuff and the special career events of last season as DLC.

I need to spend more time on it for further analysis of the physics, but I'm ok with the purchase. It's got a lot for MotoGP that's for sure. And lots of fluff some people may enjoy like drifting in a Mustang in MotoGP game, ok sure why not.

Oh yeah, bugs are in case you're worried about getting the full Milestone experience. I'm sure they'll be at least one patch. Right off the bat, rider names still pop up for the 1-2 in front of you even if you turn them off and turn indications still show in 3rd person with the option off and the whole HUD off.

I'll throw up pics tomorrow morning.

danowat

Banned
Thanks for the impressions Jamesways!.

Bit of a mixed bag then, not sure why Milestone always seem to come up short in the same areas.

A demo would be nice, not sure I can go in at full price, considering the issues.

Shame they just didn't give the MotoGP license 100% effort rather than add in all the superfluous Vale stuff.

Jamesways

What happened?

Yeah, I know I'm late but I stopped watching MotoGP because Rossi stopped winning. I didn't know he almost won the championship as I thought he was done for.

The last few races got pretty nasty between Marquez and Rossi.

Anyway, PIIIIIICS!!!!!

27114720754_44692659eb_o.jpg

27727037645_def1948b3f_o.jpg

27727037905_d85bec8c8d_o.jpg>

27114721374_25beee6048_o.jpg

27114721454_641f12d8d2_o.jpg

27727038315_0e3c1f01cc_o.jpg

27116513383_c1213d8e3e_o.jpg

27114721224_070afeb600_o.jpg

27114720604_efee77c194_o.jpg

27727038055_d732657d98_o.jpg

27727037765_7f01e1d9bd_o.jpg

27114721894_0b55ae0552_o.jpg

27727037555_47ff7301c0_o.jpg

And they updated the body physics/animations for crashing this year too, no more of the same 2 or 3.

OOF!
27114721834_b5b93ea99a_o.jpg

Spending more time with this last night, I really like it. It's a very enjoyable MotoGP game.

Thanks for the impressions! That is a beautiful game.

I'm glad they keep making them, though I imagine sales are abysmal in NA. I'll have to see what it does elsewhere, but it's obviously enough to justify new iterations.

Jamesways

Damn, it looks slick.

PS4 I assume? I don't suppose anyone knows if there is any differences between PS4 and XBO?

Yes indeed! And I haven't read any reports of major differences yet. xboxliveaddicts.co.uk is a good msg board to visit for any xbox reports. That site is all about MotoGP and bike games.

Jamesways

Is there a US release for this? Seems like everything I find it UK only right now.

Edt: Never mind. Found it.
It'll probably follow the Milestone history of being out in NA 8 months from now.

I got it off the UK store (I have a Euro account too, just for these games).

Tekniqs

I'm in the Philippines currently and might be picking this up before I fly back to the US.
is there a ps4 crew for this? Might get it for PC for 60fps (hopefully able to lol)

Jamesways

I'm in the Philippines currently and might be picking this up before I fly back to the US.
is there a ps4 crew for this? Might get it for PC for 60fps (hopefully able to lol)

I play on ps4, but hardly ever online. Time is short with the kids and I stick to SP.

Right, so, a few more impressions after spending a few days with it-
The braking distances have changed, you have to brake earlier than expected from 15.
In general it seems harder then 14 and 15, even on semi-pro. It's easy to lose the bike on pro. The AI seem a bit faster as well, you really need to be right back on the throttle full bore after exiting the apex of a turn. They can draft right by you on long straights more than before. Rain races seem tougher too.

Overall, I'm really happy with it. Minor bugs aside, it seems they've put out a quality game. It just seems more polished than previous versions.
I haven't had any performance issues yet.

I love that you can unlock different bike liveries and helmets for Rossi's most well known one-offs through the years.
Solid game Milestone, well done.

More pics sometime soon.

Jamesways

MOAR PEEKS!
27755123852_14c4c33457_o.jpg

27578859970_8a89914f2c_o.jpg

They've added filters this year to photomode!
27755123942_448b749bdb_o.jpg

Adding Chromatic Aberration yields some interesting looks...
27578860130_abf54d518b_o.jpg

27578860060_e637942745_o.jpg

27755124642_301a2984e8_o.jpg

27578860280_7efb55a3d6_o.jpg

27578860390_4bf96b7d65_o.jpg

27578860520_0eee6e48c2_o.jpg

27578860660_f98113b397_o.jpg

I know I wrote off the career mode when first trying it, but it's actually really fun.
I like how the rider progression in stats works this year, basically you earn points based on your performance which are automatically applied to each attribute.

TJP

I laughed when I saw PRC covering this game!

Anyone know how it runs on the Xbox One? I have a gaming PC but I'm yet to play a single Milestone release since MotoGP 14 that runs well on PC - YEBIS suck arse.

Might wait for the sole patch from Milestone before I spend money on one of their games despite Jamesway's great coverage and pictures.

legbone

Just picked this up. Having issues with the day one dlc code that came in the box. it's for the 2015 "real events" challenges. states the code has already been used even though it was a sealed copy. anyone else in the us having this issue? maybe i just need to wait a few days and try again. anyway, i'm off to vroom vroom (read lose terribly since i suck at 2015 and reports are this one is more difficult).

Jamesways

Not sure about the code. I have had games I the past where I had to wait a day due a preorder code to work. They may be trying to fix the issue.

And yeah it's way more difficult than 14 and 15. Even on easy. It's the hardest one yet IMO. If you break early or don't get on the gas fast enough out if turn you lose a lot of places, not just one. The pack racing is really close this year, even a slight bobble can cost you 3-10 places in the blink of an eye. The old games weren't that harsh for minor mistakes on the lower levels.

But at least the collisions aren't as punishing as say 06 where a glancing touch would send you flying. You can bump pretty hard without a crash.

Great game though, definitely the most polished GP game Mileatone has released.

legbone

yeah, i'm just gonna wait on the code. as for the game, it's pretty damn awesome. yeah it's hard but i'll get better. to me this is the best moto gp game since my beloved moto gp o6 by climax (published by thq). damn, has it been ten years already? shit, time flies.

Jamesways

yeah, i'm just gonna wait on the code. as for the game, it's pretty damn awesome. yeah it's hard but i'll get better. to me this is the best moto gp game since my beloved moto gp o6 by climax (published by thq). damn, has it been ten years already? shit, time flies.

I loved 06! I actually miss the Extreme mode, some really creative and fun tracks in there.
07 improved on a lot, but I put way more time into 06. I think I got a 100% of the achievements on that, wasn't easy. Climax did a great job on those games.

Of the Milestone games, 08 was my favorite, loved the onboard view of the Suzukis.

Did you play any of the Monumental games? 10/11 was pretty darn good, 60fps and some good graphics and physics.

Top Bottom