• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valentino Rossi - The Game (MotoGP 16)

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Hey James, thx for the impressions, those ain't your pics tho right? I mean the game doesn't look that clean on PS4 I guess and those must be PR/PC shots instead?

Many things, but kicking Marquez off of his bike sealed Rossi's fate last season.

lololol he didn't kick him ffs... that was debunked almost immediately after chopper's footage was released the day after and when different pows started surfacing where it's clear Rossi waited Marquez (the disgraceful motherfucker, but still wrong of Vale46 to do) to put him wide but what seemed like a kick was, as Rossi said from the beginning, actually Marquez seeking contact first with Rossi raising the knee to protect it from the bump and having the leg caught up in the way, giving the illusion of a kick. I mean after two days the only ones still talking about kicking were Honda, Repsol and Marquez and some of his fans. Or people like you who didn't follow through with the events... its like the "broken telephone" game we played as kids at this point, lol

Jamesways

Hey James, thx for the impressions, those ain't your pics tho right? I mean the game doesn't look that clean on PS4 I guess and those must be PR/PC shots instead?
No those are indeed my shots from pausing the game. I use the ps4 screenshot/share button. Then upload to Flickr. They're in jpg format too, not png. Game looks great IMO.

I have a few more recent ones to upload yet.

legbone

I loved 06! I actually miss the Extreme mode, some really creative and fun tracks in there.
07 improved on a lot, but I put way more time into 06. I think I got a 100% of the achievements on that, wasn't easy. Climax did a great job on those games.

Of the Milestone games, 08 was my favorite, loved the onboard view of the Suzukis.

Did you play any of the Monumental games? 10/11 was pretty darn good, 60fps and some good graphics and physics.

no, i didn't. i played the hell out of 06 then kind of drifted away from the series after climax quit making them. then i picked up 14 and played it some but nothing like 06. been looking forward to this one since it was announced since rossi is my favorite moto gp racer.

Jamesways

Hang in there with that code... I thought this may be the case.
From the official FB page-

MotoGP™ The Official Videogame Hi everyone. We are aware that some DLC codes for PS4 are not working at the moment. Please keep your code with you, we are working on this with Sony to solve the issue as soon as possible.

More pics!
28466305164_fc70b94fa7_h.jpg

I really dig the photomode filters they've added this year.
28466306994_3989703049_h.jpg

28466307684_04164dce6e_h.jpg

28466306134_254c38b333_h.jpg

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
No those are indeed my shots from pausing the game. I use the ps4 screenshot/share button. Then upload to Flickr. They're in jpg format too, not png. Game looks great IMO.

I have a few more recent ones to upload yet.

Damn, not even photomode shots?!
Game looks great on PS4 then!

Jamesways

Got you covered- from fb page

What follows is the changelist that comes with this new patch:

EU - USA versions
- Fixed a crash on Monza Rally Show.
- Fixed an audio issue on Split Screen mode.
- Fixed backfire effect of MotoGP™ bikes.
- Improved rider's animations on Flat Track races.
- Improved AI performance.
- Minor fixes on menu pictures.
- Minor bug fixes.
- (PC Only) Online functionalities completely migrated to Steam Infrastructure.

JAPANESE version

- Fixed a crash on Monza Rally Show.
- Fixed an audio issue on Split Screen mode.
- Fixed backfire effect of MotoGP™ bikes.
- Improved rider's animations on Flat Track races.
- Improved AI performance.
- Improved online stability.
- Various gameplay fixes.
- Various title stability fixes.
- Various fixes on bikes and tracks.
- Minor fixes on menu pictures.
- Minor bug fixes.

Jamesways

DP. I haven't tested the patch changes yet, but I will today at some point.
I'm wondering if they changed the bunched up AI. Close racing is great, but it's a bit too close, all in one pack at times.

Never had an issue with the framerate on the PS4.

Random shot.
29466236021_34278478e1_h.jpg

Jamesways

So this is actually a thing now in this game. Huh.

From FB Page-
"The new Radio Controlled Cars Mode DLC is now available in #ValentinoRossiTheGame for 3,99€ or equivalent. Challenge Valentino Rossi on the radio-controlled car MotoRanch track in Tavullia. Choose one of the three available layouts, start the engine and race to the finish line!"
29696489945_8506e2d96c_b.jpg

29071680823_7e3577707c_b.jpg

For a "bike" game, this is getting weird...

Anyway, tested out the patch recently. The AI was indeed adjusted, they definitely feel more in line with the older games. Easy is now much easier and they don't blow you away on the straights like before.
A quick note, the patch will change your controls if you've customized them.

Top Bottom