• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valiant Hearts: The Great War |OT| Some made it, some did not.

Hesemonni

Banned
Only started playing the game since yesterday and I love the original premise, art and music. But god forbid if something happens to that dog I'm going to go nuts.

lunchtoast

Ok so I never heard of this game before it was on PS+.

It's fantastic. I'm somewhere in chapter 2. I didn't even know there were chapters, was surprised chapter two came up after the cliffhanger. It's been awhile since I've played a point and click style game like this and the story/music is so good.

It's one of the few games where you actually want to read all the extra info they give you. At the start of every stage I immediately go into options to read the blurbs on the war, as well as when I collect something. The game is also beautiful.

Yv5YBiH.jpg

X6MvaWf.jpg

SrNxbkf.jpg

gbsYIR5.jpg

It really is a great little game with an even better ending. I would recommend playing it in rather short bursts as I found the puzzles a bit repetitive.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Just finished the game this afternoon. What a beautiful piece of work....just outstanding. One of the rare games where I got all the trophies as well.

Well done Ubisoft, give me more games of this sort of effort.

I've been tweeting pretty periodically at Ubi and Valiant Hearts Twitter accounts about bringing Valiant Hearts to Vita (where it is sorely lacking and would really shine.) I've never received any replies, but recently Yoan Fanise (the director, who recently left Ubisoft) and the official Valiant Hearts Twitter account favorited some of my tweets.

https://twitter.com/picky_pixie/status/579790610577518592

0zrzNao.jpg

They were probably just being nice, but you can't take a man's dreams away from him.

Boy, that's the first to leave me speechless in a long while. Great game and the few flaws can be masked by the tone, atmosphere, writing and look of the game. Loved it

Played this when it went on Playstation Plus last month. Loved it. Was more of a game than I thought. I thought it would basically be a point-and-click game but it's more of a puzzle-platformer. Thought the game would be a bit more depressing from the reveal trailer but I teared up a little at the ending. Would have spent more time reading through the history but the music cutting off killed the immersion.

AcridMeat

Banned
Also, Walt was fucking awesome. Yes, new avatar awesome.
Great avatar. :)
Boy, that's the first to leave me speechless in a long while. Great game and the few flaws can be masked by the tone, atmosphere, writing and look of the game. Loved it
Just finished it tonight, my goodness what a game. I agree, the few parts where I got frustrated are forgiven for how impactful the ending was. I almost had a tear in my eye.

There were a lot of great moments, and I really appreciate how they took the time to give real context to what was going on. As mentioned already, I gobbled up every little bit of information I could get. Lovely game.

inm8num2

What a timely bump - I started playing this weekend and am somewhere in Chapter 3. Lovely, lovely game. Brilliant visual storytelling. The gameplay is really enjoyable without being too easy or too challenging - just the right amount of thinking involved to keep things engaging and maintain a steady pace in the game.

I've enjoyed looking for all the collectibles and reading all the descriptions along with historical background for each gameplay section. Classy production all around - can't wait to finish this in the next day or two.

Top Bottom