• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's fake, rigged, waste of time Progress Quest troll Portal 2 ARG

enzo_gt said:
And they got that copy of Portal 2 early if they didn't buy it already. AND the Valve complete pack.
So if I had a golden potato, I would have literally got nothing.

I am soooo glad I didn't try since I would have been soooo pissed.

LProtag

I was kinda hoping something interesting would happen with the screen, as I'll be waiting to go home this weekend to get my PS3 copy.

Joe Molotov

Joe Molotov said:
I guess they figured it would be retarded to have the counter still going when the game is already out, so they bumped both of the last two games up so we could at least see what happens when it gets to 100%.

Annnnnd...it looks like nothing happens. Oh well.

Jintor said:
I fucking laughed. Well played, sir.

Thank you, my good man.

Hm, Valve are going to have a few things to think about coming out of this ARG...

An in-depth post mortem from their POV would be ace; I hope something along those lines emerges at some point, but I can see them wanting to keep Oz hidden behind his curtain, so to speak.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Fuck, alright I'm ghost guys. It's been fun and upsetting...

let's get the fuck over it and enjoy the game.

snJ8c.gif

It's funny. I only have portal 1and TF2. So if I would have done this I would have like 18 games for 38 bucks. WHY DIDNT YOU GUYS CONVINCE ME!!!

speculawyer said:
So if I had a golden potato, I would have literally got nothing.

I am soooo glad I didn't try since I would have been soooo pissed.

valve rewards people who don't buy their games nor preorder them. Don't you feel owned DON'T YOU!?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The one thing that does ultimately disappoint me about this is the aspect of having pre-ordered Portal 2 with the Potato Sack. I honestly considered just buying the Potato Sack to get the Golden Potato and buying P2 later, just buying Portal 2 and saying screw the potato, and ended up going for both. Turns out going for the first option would have saved me 45 bucks, and that's a bit of a drag.

Top Bottom