• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's fake, rigged, waste of time Progress Quest troll Portal 2 ARG

Baha

SalsaShark said:
:O

how ? i got all of them and that makes 30

Beat round 18 of the Alien Breeding mini game in Defense Grid.

[EDIT] 32 now! Run the recruit application under the jsharman account.

epmode

That Audiosurf glitch I mentioned on the last page has killed my will to get more potatoes :(

I tried to get a gold for another hour but I can't get higher than 325k. This shit is too random for such a high score requirement.

Oh well, hurry up, Friday!

Joe Molotov

Blizzard said:
For each potato, Portal 2 will unlock one hour earlier
later
than normal for you!

That would suck if they really did something like that. I don't think I can bring myself to get all the taters, so I'd have to avoid the internet for a day or two, because you know the early people would be spamming the net with spoilers.

not significant because it's from PC Gamer, but Steam's news feed

0thcj.jpg

Portal 2 said:
Almost There
posted by the_gish @ 08:34PM on April 13, 2011
We're closing in on an exciting time here at the Portal blog. At 7AM PST, April 19th, we will officially stop being the people chummily reminding you to pre-order Portal 2, transforming phoenix-like before your eyes into the people cheerfully suggesting you regular-order Portal 2. Here's hoping the transformation is instantaneous and doesn't involve gestation or fluids.

At any rate, with the big release almost upon us, we thought it'd be fitting to take a look back at all the amazing community content that's cropped up around the original Portal in the last three years. (Just a few weeks ago, for example, a Danish group named Basix released an a capella version of Still Alive.)

Our Facebook page is filled with images, and YouTube's bursting with all of your inventive covers and videos. Heck, we're not even sure we've seen them all. Post your favorites on our Facebook page so we can all check them out.
sing me a song gish

BY2K

Membero Americo
Too late, got the 2 Potatoes from this, it's pretty easy.

But man, how many more Potatoes are they gonna hide in those games, they can't possibly expect us to get every single one.

Some will, but most won't.

Baha

BY2K said:

But man, how many more Potatoes are they gonna hide in those games, they can't possibly expect us to get every single one.

One of the potatoes is bugged or something, me and 2 others got one from the recruit application.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/BahaFS/

I'm at 33 now.

Mr. Spinnington said:
not significant because it's from PC Gamer, but Steam's news feed

http://i.imgur.com/0thcj.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I know the point you're trying to make, but there's a Kotaku link right above it for god's sake. There has been no real validity to that news feed thing ever since they allowed outside sources.

scarybore

BY2K said:

I'm up to 29, but I'll be amazed if I get the newer potatoes from Cogs. Even with youtube videos, my mind just can't comprehend this shit fast enough.

classicdms

Neo Member
AND I just watched the GB Quick Look because I can't stand the fucking wait. Now I'm gonna go speedrun OG Portal to try to stave off the tears of anticipation.

BY2K

Membero Americo
33!?

Screw that. I'm gonna loose the rest of my week and the week-end if I want them all. I'll do the easiest one, but Cogs and Kick It can suck it.

The_Technomancer said:
I am so bored that I'm pre-loading Portal 2 on my Windows partition as well just so I can see which one it runs better on.

PC by a mile, the drivers under OS X are terrible although the latest ATI drivers fucks up source engine with artifacting.

Blizzard

Banned
BY2K said:
Woah.

Woah woah woah woah! WOAH!

Is he having a conversation with one of the infected users in the form of a console command?

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.
I was wondering why it's taking forever to respond, assuming it's not actually a human copying and pasting the replies, but if it's a real bot I guess some 200 ARG hackers are trying to talk to it at the same time. :p

Top Bottom