• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Veep - Season 4 - Presented by Vitamin J - HBO Sundays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazmat

The reveal that all the abused women look like Jonah was amazing. I didn't see it at all until they pointed it out after they all stood up.

neshcom

Banned
Man, if there was ever any doubt Selina will be VP at the end of the election, it's gone now.

And Amy takes it for line of the night. "Hope your vagina falls off" had me flat dead.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Let's take a moment to appreciate the slogan on the campaign bus: Continuity with Change

KiN0

So right now I honestly don't know what their going to do with Tom. On one hand, I get the feeling that he could be manipulating the situation so that he somehow ends up president over selena, on the other I can see selena's paranoia over his charm and likability driving her to destroy this perfectly nice man consequently ruining her public image even further and ultimately ending her short lived presidency. Hell, both of these could happen at the same time.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Pretty solid one this week, though definitely one of the weakest of the season.

The reveal that all the abused women look like Jonah was amazing. I didn't see it at all until they pointed it out after they all stood up.

Yeah, that got me good.

Let's take a moment to appreciate the slogan on the campaign bus: Continuity with Change

heh, I didn't notice that.

BigAT

Richard is the best thing that happened to this show in a while, I love every scene he's in

I was worried about what they were going to do with him this season to keep him in the show. Attaching him to Jonah was a stroke of genius.

"I'm sorry ma'am. A number of tall women were molested and Mr. Ryan was one of them" was my line of the night.

Dice//

Banned
Not the best episode, but I loved it. And yeah that "A bunch of tall women were molested, and Mr. Ryan was one of them" killed me

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I was worried about what they were going to do with him this season to keep him in the show. Attaching him to Jonah was a stroke of genius.
Indeed. I was initially concerned he was going to keep hanging around with the core staff, and even for this show, he was too much of a bumbling fool for that to make sense. Pairing him with Jonah so that Jonah can have more scenes elsewhere and someone regular to interact with has worked out really well, however.

New episode tonight:
Mommy Meyer

The president is shaken by a dramatic incident at the White House; Mike tries to sell the press on Selina's Families First bill; Sue and Gary prepare for the president's White House dinner; Jonah and Richard inadvertently reveal a secret.

Hazmat

I didn't get much out of tonight's episode. The necessary laughs were all there, but nothing really impressed me. I want to see Amy and Dan back on the team, because I'm noting getting much out of them right now.

neshcom

Banned
Felt like a whole episode of b-plots. The lobbying event was a little one note and really reactionary to James's comments, which also seemed inconsequential at the end of the episode. Selena's dinner went really long for such a weak premise. One of her friends isn't really into her anymore and, despite a trip to the White House, they're treated to friggin pizza and ice cream? Really glad that got built up so big in the first half.

Jonah and his assistant killed it tonight. The exchange during setup and James's speech were really strong really highlight them as one of the solidest funny couples of the show. Maybe I just prefer humor centered around incompetence than awkwardness.

eloestmn

Jonah and his assistant killed it tonight. The exchange during setup and James's speech were really strong really highlight them as one of the solidest funny couples of the show. Maybe I just prefer humor centered around incompetence than awkwardness.

"Richard T. Splett, dont know why I said that, my middle name is John."

I may have pulled a muscle laughing at that one.

SURGEdude

I loved the one liner about the Family's First bill dying on the Hill like Jesus on the cross. It was quick but got me good.

I didn't get much out of tonight's episode. The necessary laughs were all there, but nothing really impressed me. I want to see Amy and Dan back on the team, because I'm noting getting much out of them right now.

That's about where I am. I loved the early episodes of the season but the last few haven't been doing it for me.

It's not bad by any means, but it hasn't been as good as I know the show is capable of being.

KNT-Zero

The lady party had me in stitches! Specially the back and forth with the sober woman.
Then when they got intruder #2 and the guards are covering Selina and Catherine, Selina goes "Sorry these guys are here to take care of me only" and "Don't worry, the only person who wants to kill you is already in this room" xDDDDDD

Also, are you eating ice cream, Catherine...?

Splett is just he best.

also Jonah making the rest of the crew cringe with his "I like my scotch like I like my women, 18 years old and wet" line

TTG

First of all, welcome back pro Caucasian party senator! Even if it was only for a moment. I was wondering if Mike had the heart to quit, but he wilted, which is very much in line with his character. Catherine at the end was great. Top 3 of her greatest scenes on the show, right up there with the birthday dinner with the family and Mike nabbing the carrot cake at the end.

I feel like these last two episodes are the calm before the storm that will be the finale. It's going to be like 3 episodes crammed into one again soon.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
"God, another one?"
"No, Gary, it's the same one. He's doing a victory lap."

The subtle physical comedy was on point in this episode. Jonah and Richard signaling to Tom, Mike ducking, Gary reacting out of focus in the background while Selina was fumbling the conversation with her old friends, Selina being lifted from the chair by the guards during the second intrusion.

Peru

Richard T. Splett makes me laugh just thinking about him or looking at his face

sTI19UB.png

BigAT

I would love to see the list of names that got rejected before they settled on "Splett". It's such perfect last name for the character, it sounds so awful when it is said out loud. It is the sound of incompetence.

KiN0

I would love to see the list of names that got rejected before they settled on "Splett". It's such perfect last name for the character, it sounds so awful when it is said out loud. It is the sound of incompetence.

I know, right?. There is no better last name for him.

Dany

Banned
Best episode all season. the concrete story fell flat but besides that it was amazing. I love hugh lurie

"Richard T. Splett, dont know why I said that, my middle name is John."

I may have pulled a muscle laughing at that one.

I literally died when I heard that haha.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
"There's been a shooting in Pittsburgh, 4 dead including the gunman"
"Well that's not fucking good"

Her delivery was so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom