• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video calls for lynchings at Southern Illinois University

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeioIIDX

Rural Illinois (aka most of Illinois outside of Chicago and other urban areas) can be very racist. Lots of insulated communities full of people who've never left their small towns.
Yep. I was born and raised in Illinois. I currently live in Biloxi, MS. I've encountered more direct racism up north in Illinois than I have down south in Mississippi. Could also be because kids are just fucking assholes in junior high and high school (which is when I encountered the most racist shit growing up). I'm light-skinned and got it bad from both ends: black people who were jealous of me being light-skinned and "uppity" and white people who just didn't like me for being light-skinned.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Ah shit, that's my campus (graduated in 2008 from the Cinema Photography school).

the campus always seemed diverse and overal friendly while I was there.

Also I worked for the Daily Egyptian for 3 years lol.

Thankfully you are here to provide the snark that this thread was missing.

Ive seen every one of those apologetic arguments on Gaf in almost every thread about a clear cut case of racism.

Anyway the term "Black fruit" and the way its used in this video is all kinds of fucked up.

Toothless

Thank you for all the well-wishes guys.

Hopefully the upcoming protests stay safe and not turn into "burn the ATO frat down day." I'm guessing that is exactly what the clown who posted the video wants.

The weird thing about the upcoming protests to me is that initially, they weren't meant to be racially charged at all. It was about how we're losing a significant chunk of our school budget thanks to the governor's budget cuts. Now of course it's something different entirely, but I sincerely doubt it'll be against ATO (general student opinion seems to be that they may have done the racist Trump bullshit earlier this month, but there's no way they made the video.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom