• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video: Enraged NYC Bus Driver Threatens To Throw Farebeating Teen Out The Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Courage

I think I've seen that guy before. I feel bad for MTA bus drivers. They get treated like shit by their bosses and passengers.

Because he deserved it.

In the modern day PC era, he isnt entitled to do that and its going to cost him his job. Unfortunately this also means smug little asshats are untouchable and they'll get away with it, which is exactly why he is acting the way he is.

40 or 50 years ago he'd have been back handed and kicked up the ass out the door and the little prick would never show his face again.

Call me old fashioned but I still believe corporal punishment has a place. It would wipe those smug smiles off the faces of these self entitled little assholes real quick and really make them reconsider.
I officially disagree with you, but man, that does sound pretty good here.

There's always the one guy who gets on the bus like he owns it, and walks straight past the bus driver, thinking that the bus driver isn't going to confront them. It's either that or they jump in from the back door.

I assume bus drivers call somebody to deal with those people... but I have to imagine most times they get away since you can't really expect someone to come kick a guy off.

Obviously the bus driver didn't handle this right, but it feels good to see punks like this get chewed out. Maybe he'll think twice before he tries it again, and you know well that he has money to pay for bus fare.

Honestly, if the driver didn't say a peep, someone else would've.

So in a roundabout way, the driver prevented someone from ruining their day because of one shithead.

Go Driver!

Dicer

Banned
Because he deserved it.

In the modern day PC era, he isnt entitled to do that and its going to cost him his job. Unfortunately this also means smug little asshats are untouchable and they'll get away with it, which is exactly why he is acting the way he is.

40 or 50 years ago he'd have been back handed and kicked up the ass out the door and the little prick would never show his face again.

Call me old fashioned but I still believe corporal punishment has a place. It would wipe those smug smiles off the faces of these self entitled little assholes real quick and really make them reconsider.

A-fuckin Men.

JDeluis

I wonder if all bus systems are like this.

Yes. It's that way in Los Angeles Metro system as well. You're taught to just ignore these people and let them trough. Its too bad that the people who avoid paying the fare tend to cause more problems on the bus. I know a lot of people are going to say why not just ignore it, but when people do this constantly everyday it tends to get on your nerves.

stufte

God I wish he were able to have just punted him off the bus when he tried near the end of the video, it's a shame it turned into a wrestling match. It would have been so glorious for him to have booted him off, close the doors and drive away as a hero to the working bunch on the bus.

"When it comes to fare evasion, because we’ve had fatalities due to operators pursuing the fare with passengers, now what they tell us is, “Don’t worry about the fare.” They tell us that from day one. Your first day of training, they tell you, “The fare box is not yours. Don’t worry about people not paying the fare.” We have a special box we press on the fare box and we just press and that’s it."

that's the type of thing you ought to leave out of the damn article

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
That kid honestly deserves some discipline (not physical) from someone cause clearly his parents aren't doing their job. I see this crap on the regular and just irks and astonishes me that a human being can act this way when the logic is clearly not in their favor. However, the bus driver should know better and just kick the kid off the bus, this is one time I wish the cops were there to see this crap and arrest this broke high school student.

Well its just a teen, just let him on and move on. Kids and old people are the only ones I wouldn't hassle over paying their fare. Bus drivers used to let me ride for free or let me pay half the fare(my student metro card only covered half the fare) lots of times. Then again I would always ask if i could get on for free beforehand so maybe that upped my odds.

So the kid wants to jump on the bus and not pay. And the boss driver throws him off.

How does anyone have an issue with this? I promise you MTA is coming at these drivers like "you can't get a raise this year because people keep skipping fares" and this is a direct result of that.

Odoul

If a bus driver gets out of his seat he ain't bringing nothing nice with him.

metrofight.jpg
uppercut5.gif

But then I've also had bus drivers

-roll right past a packed curb
-stop for ten minutes to go piss or pick up a sandwich
-one bitch said she wouldn't pick me up because she thought I looked too old for the public school pass discount.

It's a shitty thankless job. People don't respect you for doing it well, and ready to literally kill you when the day is going bad.

The driver handled that pretty poorly. I don't have a lot of sympathy for him. I have even less for the shitkid though, fucking punk.

ItIsOkBro

I always wondered what would happen if someone just waltzes on a bus without paying. Like, the only thing that keeps publish transit working smoothly is basic common courtesy.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
man, between the tube slapping and this, public transport in America seems like a damn fine show to attend to

JABEE

I feel bad for the bus driver. Getting shit on by your bosses and passengers for 25 years takes its toll.

He's screwed now, but the shit people get away with on public transportation is out of hand. Bus drivers in NYC have to constantly put up with people undermining them or complaining about time etc. I would be pissed all the time in that job.

This guy went over the line if the kid just forgot his bus pass. He fucked up and this is his punishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom