• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video released of Tulsa PD shooting and killing unarmed black man (Up: not guilty)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Wow @ both of the videos in the OP.

The cops on the ground have some serious explaining to do as to why their accounting differed so much from the facts.

These people need to get arrested for this shit. This is murder.

I didn't expect the helicopter video to be as bad as it was. Those cops need to be disciplined as well.
We're talking about a country where a police officer shoots a fleeing unarmed man in the back, and then before video emerges, the police department issues a statement stating that "witnesses and police say" that the victim was fighting with the cop. Only for the video to show no witnesses (besides the person recording in server), and no fighting.

Please don't say you work for metro. I really respect the police chief after his letter last year about protests.

... do you work for metro?
I don't. They aren't perfect down there but they really try. They have a good administration.

I'm starting to feel like I should report him. He's said shit about Jews in the past. My director is a black woman and he'd be canned pretty fast as the PD is trying to shake decades of the public perception that they're racist.

He's got a small daughter though. He weighs 400 pounds and would likely not find another job...

DedValve

Banned
Watching this on the news at work.

Coworker says 'Police kill more whites than blacks.'

I try and explain about how high it is as a percentage of population.

Another coworker chimes in 'Eighty percent of black people are criminals anyway'.

Room full of laughter.

I work for the police department.

The sad part is none of this is even remotely surprising to people who are aware that the police are in fact a protected gang, which they are.

Either the police force is a protected gang murdering innocent american civilians (usually just the black ones though so not that bad in their eyes) or at least 80.35% of all black people are criminals, I wonder which one is more true?

Zaph

I don't. They aren't perfect down there but they really try. They have a good administration.

I'm starting to feel like I should report him. He's said shit about Jews in the past. My director is a black woman and he'd be canned pretty fast as the PD is trying to shake decades of the public perception that they're racist.

He's got a small daughter though. He weighs 400 pounds and would likely not find another job...

It's your call, but if I was in your position I'd rat out that cunt so fast

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Shoot those pieces of shit out of a cannon and into the sun. The cops in this country are a fucking joke.

RIP Terrance. It is sad that you will (probably) never see justice and lost your life to the biggest gang in the world.

You need to report him. Right now there is no paper trail so when he does this again it will look like a first time infraction. You need to get his behavior document.

Dude should lose his job and custody of his daughter

johnny956

Another coworker chimes in 'Eighty percent of black people are criminals anyway'.

Room full of laughter.

I work with law enforcement, Fox News on 24/7, all the same talking points you hear over and over again.

Yeah worry about his poor daughter and not the hundreds of people's live this guy has probably ruined.

Then people wonder why we say there are no good cops. Dude is a blatant piece of shit but won't get reported because he's fat and has a daughter. Great job shaking that public perception

Enzom21

Fuck him, report his ass. His attitude is the type of thing that got Terence Crutcher killed.

Room full of laughter.

Legit would walk out and never look back. That's insane.

Slayven

So they got the 8 different angles of video, the right kind of victim, and the cop lying live on video. If shit doesn't happen it will truly be fuck the police

Room full of laughter.

Should have recorded it and put it on the internet.

That's a murder. Fuck!

Room full of laughter.

Holy shit. 😑

Is there like, no internal investigations units in the US or something?

There are independent inspector general offices in some of our bigger cities. I don't know if Tulsa has one, although I'd be surprised if they did.

That said the US Justice Department is investigating this so there's a chance justice might actually be served this time.

They might punish them with a way harsh recommendation. Or worse, a damming report!

DOJ investigate a lot of shit and end up just filing a report no one reads

Sad but true. The literal Department of Justice seems to have little effect on the PDs themselves let alone the people who plug their ears and say nothing's wrong with the way minorities are treated by officers who seem to always be on the hunt for facts until the facts prove that racial bias exists to the point of being fatal.

Murder. As clear as it can be. They must just hire any nervous wreck off the street and give'm a gun.

DOJ is investigating this.
The DOJ investigated the Baltimore and Ferguson police departments, said both had many cases of extreme racism and prejudice and nothing happened to either.

Cops are nearly invincible from legal action in this country.

Room full of laughter.

I know a guy, he was a very liberal person. Unironically dressed up as Obama for Halloween
even did blackface
. Almost immediately after becoming a police officer he did this total 180. It's almost a cult mentality that they have in police station

Enzom21

I know a guy, he was a very liberal person. Unironically dressed up as Obama for Halloween even did blackface. Almost immediately after becoming a police officer he did this total 180. It's almost a cult mentality that they have in police station

There was no 180, he was always a racist. Being a liberal doesn't mean you don't hate black people.
Whole bunch of white liberals will show their true colors when it comes to racism and black people.
You're friend was already a racist with the blackface shit.

So they got the 8 different angles of video, the right kind of victim, and the cop lying live on video. If shit doesn't happen it will truly be fuck the police
Nothing will happen bruh. They will kill his character as the big bad black man then continue to sweep this under the rug. Fuck cops.

Nothing will happen because this is how a majority of America likes its police. It was about keeping Blacks in line then, it's about keeping Blacks in line now.

Where the fuck are the good cops speaking out about this?

There was no 180, he was always a racist. Being a liberal doesn't mean you don't hate black people. Whole bunch of white liberals will show their true colors when it comes to racism and black people.

Preach.

Nothing will happen bruh. They will kill his character as the big bad black man then continue to sweep this under the rug. Fuck cops.

He smoked refer back in high school and dressed like a thug once in photos. He was no angel.

Gotta dehumanize to justify killing for no good reason.

Slayven

There was no 180, he was always a racist. Being a liberal doesn't mean you don't hate black people.
Whole bunch of white liberals will show their true colors when it comes to racism and black people.
You're friend was already a racist with the blackface shit.

Telling the truth and shaming the devil.

The last few years a bunch of "allies" ahve shown their true colors

Surfinn

So I scoured the CNN article looking for a reason as to why they made him put his hands up in the first place. Not even a bullshit explanation.. wow. This is pretty damning. Starting to think there might actually be some justice for the family here. The explanation was basically.. "I got nothin'"

So I scoured the CNN article looking for a reason as to why they made him put his hands up in the first place. Not even a bullshit explanation.. wow. This is pretty damming. Starting to think there might actually be some justice for the family here. The explanation was basically.. "I got nothin'"

It's a big ass Black man. They feel afraid just at his presence. Shit my parents told me flat out at 12 teachers are afraid of me because I'm a big ass Black male. Shit's been drilled in my head for a long time motherfuckers shook when they see me.

Cops roll up on me I already know the drill. I just show em my palms and keep em there. Smile. Don't move suddenly. Still doesn't always work.

Telling the truth and shaming the devil.

The last few years a bunch of "allies" ahve shown their true colors

Agreed. Can't fall for that bullshit.

krazen

Good to know.

They might punish them with a way harsh recommendation. Or worse, a damming report!

They pull federal funding if changes aren't made which is is important if you're trying to make systemic changes...its not flashy but it can be effective as to the big push for reform in the jurisdictions where they layed down the hammer.

problem is you've got thousands of police departments...

Her attorney says, she believed he was reaching into his car which led her to shoot.

And that he refused to follow instructions given by her.

After hearing fear for my life so many times, you cant help but roll your eyes to the words.

Those killed by police unjustly have kids too.

Her attorney says, she believed he was reaching into his car which led her to shoot.

After hearing fear for my life so many times, you cant help but roll your eyes to the words.

There were, what, four fully armed officers swarming? Unless he was reaching for a cartoonishly large bomb, I don't see how anyone's life was in danger there.

betty-shelby4.jpg
Murdered a man, and they have her picture up as if she were a hero.
He smoked refer back in high school and dressed like a thug once in photos. He was no angel.

Gotta dehumanize to justify killing for no good reason.

0f4fyzI.png

"Her attorney says, she believed he was reaching into his car which led her to shoot."

Yep, I already see the indictment not sticking because the officer was legitimately "afraid" for her life.

Do Better

"Her attorney says, she believed he was reaching into his car which led her to shoot."

Yep, I already see the indictment not sticking because the officer was legitimately "afraid" for her life.

It won't stick because they'll make sure that the cop's personal recollection of the event matters more than the visual evidence against her.

But...the video literally shows him following instructions.

And wtf, did they not at least peak inside the car first before assuming he had a weapon? I know you can't search without a warrant but you can at least do some eyeshifting to peak and see if there's anything dangerous.

Or fucking at least lead him to the back of the car where there's no open windows

Alexlf

In 60 - 150 years events like these might be in textbooks used to demonstrate the racism and political corruption of the era, in the same way we look back on internment camps in the world war, or even events like watergate. (Not making any statements about comparability, just that they are well known historical "things").

It's kinda dumb to say, but it's odd being a part of history in the making. Goes to show that even people in the past likely mostly knew things were screwed up, but had no way to fix it.

NastyBook

Where are the users coming in saying he should have just "complied" and nothing would happen to him?
Let me tell you how I raise MY kids to comply with the police, y'all. Huh? Yeah, no, they're not black... What do you mean "shut the fuck up then?"

We really need to stop letting bigots and other racist shitstains become police. It's plain as day they're just becoming cops to kill us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom