• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video released of Tulsa PD shooting and killing unarmed black man (Up: not guilty)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velcro Fly

Cops took a suspected terrorist that was reportedly shooting at police alive

Unarmed black guy nah we're just going to shoot him.

Be better for fuck's sake

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Wow @ both of the videos in the OP.

The cops on the ground need to explain why their accounting differed so much from the facts.

People need to get arrested for this shit. This is murder.

I didn't expect the helicopter video to be as bad as it was. Those cops need to be disciplined as well.

I mean...what is there to explain? They lied - plain and simple. It is what they do virtually 100% of the time when things are not in their favour. They just don't think they'll get caught or they know they are next to untouchable.

karasu

I can't even get mad. My heart is just broken at this point. Sometimes it feels like there is no place for us.

rjinaz

Cops took a suspected terrorist that was reportedly shooting at police alive

Unarmed black guy nah we're just going to shoot him.

Be better for fuck's sake

Well they wanted him alive so they could make an example of him. Nothing to gain from some random Black guy thug.

Gattsu25

Banned
I mean...what is there to explain? They lied - plain and simple. It is what they do virtually 100% of the time when things are not in their favour. They just don't think they'll get caught or they know they are next to untouchable.

I probably phrased that poorly. I think any cop who falsified their report should be arrested.

Edited the quoted post to be more clear.

platocplx

For some reason this didn't work for me (the link) but here's another one in case others have the same problem. I noticed the page loads up really slow for me which probably means it's getting hammered after this news (this is a good thing).

That's the best and most organized effort I've seen online in regard to ending police violence. I love how simple yet detailed it is.
And this is championed by people like Deray who people think is affiliated with BLM. People keep asking what people want its all there. I just keep passing that post on now. Spread the word. Also the site shows what laws are in consideration for police reform in your state.

RPGCrazied

Administrative leave, right? Why do cops get paid vacations for killing people? Makes no sense. Just fire them already. They obviously aren't mentally prepared to be holding a gun.

I mean, what can I say?

Over the past few years, I've seen so many executions of unarmed black men by police that I've grown numb to it. Watching the video doesn't even do anything to me now. It's just like, "Of course that's what happened."

I'd say put her in jail and throw away the key, but that's not going to happen either. We already see the battery of lies that are completely contradictory to the video. The Jury will sympathize, and she might lose her job, but she's not likely to go to jail. And even if for some strange reason that does happen, it won't be for life.

Meanwhile, taxpayers will be the ones to pay for this man's life, and people will be pissed because uppity football players don't know their place and won't stand for a fucking flag.

Surfinn

And this is championed by people like Deray who people think is affiliated with BLM. People keep asking what people want its all there. I just keep passing that post on now. Spread the word. Also the site shows what laws are in consideration for police reform in your state.

I think all of that should be on the BLM website, if possible. That way more people can see specifically what can be changed in order to help combat police violence.

I can't even get mad. My heart is just broken at this point. Sometimes it feels like there is no place for us.

Almost broke down in tears earlier today. Saw a white dude with a whole slew of anti-black propaganda on his truck today (trump rules, impeach obama and all that shit). What really got me was his response to Kaepernicks protest. Sprayed painted in big white letters on the back of his truck were the words "USA: Love it or leave it".

Wanted to pull over and beat and shit outta the guy.

There really is no place for us in America which is why we need black unity more than ever and need to stick together like the other minorities. We as blacks are way too fragmented as a group.

alternade

Wait, what the fuck.

The dude's car was fucking stalled in the middle of the road and cops approached him with hostility?

Are you fucking serious?

Add to the list of things you can be killed for while being black:

- Having car troubles in the middle of the street

Honestly at this point I watch these videos and just shrug my shoulders and close the window and wonder when its gonna be me or someone close to me.

THE:MILKMAN

I'm not though. It's not a large majority but you know over 50% is a majority. If a majority wanted police reform it would actually be happening and we would start seeing more accountability across the country.

Well I don't know what to say...

I just find it hard to believe that if it was possible to poll the whole of the US less than 99% wouldn't outright condemn the actions of the Police as seen in this footage and demand arrests/justice/accountability.

I'm not saying the UK doesn't have its problems with the Police and similar protection of them but I still say they would do a lot more to bring officers to account than we see in US cases.

shinkai

Damn this shit is disturbing. Barely a month after the killing of Khalid Jabara and we are already in the news again for another murder. This entire situation is bull shit, that man did not deserve to die. He did nothing wrong, he complied and what does he get? A friggin bullet because he was black. As a person of Asian decent it worries me that a city I've been living in for that last 8 years is slowly becoming worse and worse every year. I may not be black but damn do I no longer feel safe around the cops here in Tulsa and Owasso.

I mean, what can I say?

Over the past few years, I've seen so many executions of unarmed black men by police that I've grown numb to it. Watching the video doesn't even do anything to me now. It's just like, "Of course that's what happened."

I'd say put her in jail and throw away the key, but that's not going to happen either. We already see the battery of lies that are completely contradictory to the video. The Jury will sympathize, and she might lose her job, but she's not likely to go to jail. And even if for some strange reason that does happen, it won't be for life.

Meanwhile, taxpayers will be the ones to pay for this man's life, and people will be pissed because uppity football players don't know their place and won't stand for a fucking flag.
Correct.

Make your millions and be quiet. We don't like being made uncomfortable, so stop doing so you ingrates.

rjinaz

Almost broke down in tears earlier today. Saw a white dude with a whole slew of anti-black propaganda on his truck today (trump rules, impeach obama and all that shit). What really got me was his response to Kaepernicks protest. Sprayed painted in big white letters on the back of his truck were the words "USA: Love it or leave it".

Wanted to pull over and beat and shit outta the guy.

There really is no place for us in America which is why we need black unity more than ever and need to stick together like the other minorities. We as blacks are way too fragmented as a group.

That man will never understand that wanting to change the country for the better is a love for the country. Protesting despite the hate being thrown his way is more love shown for his country than those idiots will likely show in their entire lives. Standing for the anthem is so damn worthless when everybody is expected to do it.

darscot

Why is there a helicopter and so many cops for a broke down vehicle? Is that normal in the US? The pig in the chopper calling him a "bad dude" WTF. They are so clearly racist and predetermined that any black person is at any moment going to attempt to kill them. I can't imagine living in a place that your car breaking down can get you murdered by the police.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Was the officer all out of vacation time and wanted an extra few weeks of paid time off?

Police unions should be abolished.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Correct.

Make your millions and be quiet. We don't like being made uncomfortable, so stop doing so you ingrates.
Because it can never be posted enough:

59a.png

That man will never understand that wanting to change the country for the better is a love for the country. Protesting despite the hate being thrown his way is more love shown for his country than those idiots will likely show in their entire lives. Standing for the anthem is so damn worthless when everybody is expected to do it.

Unfortunately, he will never be in the position that we are in because it is a white mans world and it will stay that way. Ahh to be priviledged and completely apathetic to the plight of others. I wish nothing but the worst for that individual.

platocplx

I think all of that should be on the BLM website, if possible. That way more people can see specifically what can be changed in order to help combat police violence.
Yeah,same time I think there are so many damn issues that i think its good to seperate this piece.

Problem for many people is that they are okay with the status quo.

stupid question that I hate that I need to ask, are there any sources for the video other than Shaun King? I want to share them but I know some racists will automatically dismiss anything from his twitter because he's a prominent BLM activist.

Well I don't know what to say...

I just find it hard to believe that if it was possible to poll the whole of the US less than 99% wouldn't outright condemn the actions of the Police as seen in this footage and demand arrests/justice/accountability.

I'm not saying the UK doesn't have its problems with the Police and similar protection of them but I still say they would do a lot more to bring officers to account than we see in US cases.
By a majority of people, the police are idolized and angelicized. They have never seen them be anything but good, just, and helpful. Thus, the notion of corruption or misconduct is met with involuntary resistance and immediate refute and excuse-making to find a way to keep these very human people on the pedestals upon which they have been undeservingly placed. There has to be another reason. It's just not on the tape. We just didn't get to hear the conversation. It was a misunderstanding. He was big and threatening. Whatever it takes to keep the idols in place and to keep those who believe in them feeling secure and comfortable in their worship.

One day, people will realize that these are regular people prone to mistakes, cover ups, and deceit to hide being held accountable for their actions. They have to be appreciated for what they do while held to standards for protecting all lives; including those of people of color when squeezing a trigger is easier and less scary.

What a bunch of fucking bullshit. It gets so tiring seeing this on the regular. How many more times is an innocent black person gonna have to get killed before shit changes? Why does it take so long to get these folks some medical treatment after being shot? It's fucking ridiculous.

At least the police chief is questioning things, unlike the department's spokesperson:

“As they approached the vehicle a black male started towards them,” Tulsa Police spokesperson Jeanne Mackenzie told KOTV. “They asked him to show his hands. He refused to follow commands given by the officers. They continued to talk to him. He continued not to listen, not follow any commands as they got closer to the vehicle he reached inside the vehicle and at that time there was a Taser deployment and then a short time later there was one shot fired.”

Apologies if this messes up, on mobile.

LifEndz

Heartbreaking stuff. I can't imagine what his family is going through. That woman needs to be arrested for murder immediately and those other officers who did nothing while the victim lay dying on the ground need to be fired.

Takuan

Most police lie and falsify reports. They should all be fired at this point.

I want to see cops face prison time for fabricating stories and falsifying reports. They need to be held to the highest of ethical and moral standards, and punishments in cases like these should be severe - as they would be for a normal citizen.

zelas

During Monday's news conference, Jordan said Crutcher had no gun on him and there was no gun in his vehicle.

First time hearing about this murder, did these cops say he had a gun originally?

And this continues to make me paranoid and fearful of any cops in my neighborhood. Or just cops in general.

I'm going start fuming if I have to see another asshole cop shoot another black person, I'm tired of this shit. I'm surprised I didn't start fuming for as long as I've been seeing these stories. Damn...

Redd

Straight up murder. Some powerful senators kid will have to be murdered by cops before we get some police reform.

Nothing will change until some rich/famous person is killed. Until then people will continue to be killed and it'll just be another day on the "greatest" nation on earth

rjinaz

Heartbreaking stuff. I can't imagine what his family is going through. That woman needs to be arrested for murder immediately and those other officers who did nothing while the victim lay dying on the ground need to be fired.

They won't be. Eric Garner literally lied on the pavement dying for several minutes and nobody attempted to help him or act like they cared. Damn made sure he was handcuffed though. As I recall no officers really faced discipline, it was the paramedics that took the fall.

rjinaz

Nothing will change until some rich/famous person is killed. Until then people will continue to be killed and it'll just be another day on the "greatest" nation on earth

Yup. White America won't care unless it's somebody famous that they actually like. Even then, they better be an angel.

A white female officer did this?

She's already walking.

America could give a fuck about the execution of unarmed black men if it means prosecuting any of their boys in blue, never mind a female officer.

Greatest nation on the Earth my black ass. Thousands no, millions would say otherwise. Anyone who say greatest nation on earth in a serious manner needs to be smacked so damn hard in the face, their ancestors wigs would get pushed back.

rjinaz

A white female officer did this?

She's already walking.

America could give a fuck about the execution of unarmed black men if it means prosecuting any of their boys in blue, never mind a female officer.

I would love to be wrong, but I agree. The unions, judicial system, hell everybody will be putting in the extra hours to make sure this brave White woman doesn't do serious time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom