• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtua Fighter 4 Evo: Fluidity (?)

I must take my hat off to AM2 for the fluidity of animation they've given the game as well as the large, detailed arenas (w/ dynamic objects in the background). I have a question, though. Does the VF4 evo release compliment this achievement with a solid 60 fps framerate throughout its entirety? I read in the gamespot review that there is some stuttering in the intros just before fights, so now I'm wondering whether or not it runs at a rock-solid sixty the whole way through. Is there indeed stuttering? If so, at what points and just how bad is it (> or < 30fps)? Could intro stuttering be attributed to streaming data from the disk at the beginning of levels?

Finally, does the game run at full (640x480) resolution with support for prog scan?

Thankyou.

SaitoH

There is a slight stutter when a match starts, during the pan in, otherwise it's a rock solid 60 FPS.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
No prog. scan support in Evo, but it does have *much* better image quality than the original VF4 on PS2. Intro framerate stuttering that happens sometimes, could be because the game loads character data at that point, yes.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Stuttering is due to the PS2 loading data during the fly-bys. They're all gone if you run the game off the hard drive.

Top Bottom