• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

I've been pushing hard on Danganronpa 2 for the last few weeks. Now I am at the 5th trial and the game keeps telling me the end is near. Prediction time!

I am the traitor. The game clearly tells you in chapter 3 that the reserve students wanted to punish the ultimates. Then Monomimi ( or what ever the rabbit's name is) hints that the traitor doesn't know who they are. Hajime is the driving force behind solving the crimes and if he fails everyone thinks he is the killer. His actions lead to either the death of one ultimate or all of them. If he correctly does his job then all the ultimates continue to suffer.

The killer is probably Sonya Nevermind. I also think she's a robot and that's the real reason she trys to keep the Ultimate Mechanic away from her.
Does any of it make sense? Nope, but that's the fun of guessing. I am looking forward to the end of this game and being able to move on to Stiens;Gate properly.

Jazz573

I can think of three VN-related announcements that could be somewhat likely.

1. Something Science Adventure related, because everybody wants it (i.e. both PQube and the fans)
2. EU release of XBlaze Lost: Memories
3. The elusive English version of Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness, since PQube is the most likely Western publisher for 5pb to pick

Yu-No remake localization? :p

Endruen

I've been pushing hard on Danganronpa 2 for the last few weeks. Now I am at the 5th trial and the game keeps telling me the end is near. Prediction time!

I am the traitor. The game clearly tells you in chapter 3 that the reserve students wanted to punish the ultimates. Then Monomimi ( or what ever the rabbit's name is) hints that the traitor doesn't know who they are. Hajime is the driving force behind solving the crimes and if he fails everyone thinks he is the killer. His actions lead to either the death of one ultimate or all of them. If he correctly does his job then all the ultimates continue to suffer.

The killer is probably Sonya Nevermind. I also think she's a robot and that's the real reason she trys to keep the Ultimate Mechanic away from her.
Does any of it make sense? Nope, but that's the fun of guessing. I am looking forward to the end of this game and being able to move on to Stiens;Gate properly.

tumblr_mr7asrRrvA1rx3rz5o1_500.gif

I'm gonna say if you're right or wrong in spoiler. Don't open unless you want to really see if you guessed right before the game tells you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Everything you said is wrong.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cj_iwakura

Do you guys think it'd be okay to create a thread for this Kickstarter? I'm not sure how things work regarding Kickstarters and NSFW material.

I'm pretty sure Hours Left has done a couple threads about them, he just clearly labeled them and didn't post any NSFW images in-line, but I would definitely ask a mod to be sure.

I don't think you can extrapolate timing based on that tweet, we have no idea what specifically was signed. Well other than the Chaos;Head teases in response to it, but clearly work on that has been ongoing for a while.

Two things worth noting:

Steins;Gate tier will be $30 (JAST can't legally sell the game for less) (from Groupees chat by one of the admins)
JAST is losing S;G PC publishing rights soon, as 5pb wants to put the game on Steam on their own. No Steam keys for the bundle are almost a guarantee.
Yeah, I think they're using this bundle to get as many Steins;Gate sales as possible before 5pb steals it from them.

Does this mean they can't produce any more physical copies either, I wonder?

Two things worth noting:

Steins;Gate tier will be $30 (JAST can't legally sell the game for less) (from Groupees chat by one of the admins)
JAST is losing S;G PC publishing rights soon, as 5pb wants to put the game on Steam on their own. No Steam keys for the bundle are almost a guarantee.

Thanks for killing my hype and then rekindling it a single sentence later. Would much rather wait for the Steam release then, since my marketplace has a very favorable currency rate.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Yeah if they were going to skip anything it'd be R;N since if they were going to pump money into having something translated and ported from scratch I think they'd go with Steins;Gate 0.

Shizuka

I wonder if PQube would localize Chaos;Head Noah and 5pb would get the bits that'd fit the original Chaos;Head and release that on Steam.

Yeah if they were going to skip anything it'd be R;N since if they were going to pump money into having something translated and ported from scratch I think they'd go with Steins;Gate 0.

It's not like 5pb needs the PC, PS4/Vita are viable platforms for Steins;Gate 0 on their own.

Shizuka

It's weird how Fruitbat Factory, NISA and XSEED have relationships with 5pb, but PQube of all publishers managed to get Steins;Gate.

Prelude.

The other guy was saying he signed something awesome like yesterday, I doubt it was this.

Edit: Yeah, he's saying they might announce it in 2 weeks.

Top Bottom