• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

3sTBSMw.jpg

No.

Haven't played the series since MC2. The MP was actually pretty fun. This would be a great fit for Vita.

Edit: close to to page. Buy LittleBigPlanet! The user levels have are pretty amazing.
I vote it for game of the month next month

ZeroAKA

Two things: Everyone should get that Zero Escape Bundle with the watch. Fantastic game and the watch is pretty cool. If you end up hating it the watch will likely command some high prices on ebay later on.
Would I like VLR if I never played 999 and disliked the demo?

Zutroy

This may be the wrong place to ask, but it seems like the most active Vita thread. What's considered the best grip for the console?

This may be the wrong place to ask, but it seems like the most active Vita thread. What's considered the best grip for the console?

I couldn't decide either, ended getting the Hori grip. It feels good, has depth unlike other grips and is adjustable. The only downside is that it covers the cart slot.

JoshHood

So Retro City Rampage has now been on both the US and HK PS+?

Really hoping it comes to EU PS+. I know a lot of people hate it but I personally enjoyed the demo.

I'll be pretty pissed off if it does - lots of people (including me) asked the developer and he said for certain that it wouldn't be going on EU Plus.

QP3

Sorry if this has been asked, but how long does the referral program last until? Do we know when we should expect our $20 credit if we participated?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
There was a mention of another PSN sale soon in another thread. Anyone knowing more? US/EU? Which games?

I am expecting new Vita game announcement when Playstation Destination starts.

I keep telling people not to expect anything lol. There's usually very few new game reveals that come from Destination PlayStation. I think we've only had a few in the past - Sleeping Dogs, one of the LBP games, if I remember?

Better to not expect anything and be pleasantly surprised if we do get something. ;)

Tizoc

A question for anyone who played Wild Arms 1 on the Vita, have you ever encountered any odd performance or bugs?
When in battle and am selecting say an item or spell to cast, normally you use press a direction to reach it and select it, but I was aplying it recently and in battles the cursor would remain on the first default item/spell, and I had to HOLD a direction to highlight and use any other action. What causes this? I thought it was because I had the disc load speed set to 'Fast', but no options I altered in game or via the Vita emulator fixed this.

Genki

Did you guys see this? Digital Foundry did an article on Stranger's Wrath HD on Vita, and they mentioned how they now are able to get direct feed video for Vita. I wonder if this means other sites may get that, or maybe somebody just let them use a dev kit or something?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-oddworld-vs-playstation-vita

Interesting:

Admittedly one of the biggest improvements that day came from making use of the alternative power mode on the Vita which allows you to increase the GPU clock speed while disabling the WiFi during gameplay.

I keep telling people not to expect anything lol. There's usually very few new game reveals that come from Destination PlayStation. I think we've only had a few in the past - Sleeping Dogs, one of the LBP games, if I remember?

Better to not expect anything and be pleasantly surprised if we do get something. ;)

Omg if we get sleeping dogs 2...

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

iirc last year it was LBP Karting and GOW A(?)

so yeah they announce new stuff at Destination PlayStation.

Omg if we get sleeping dogs 2...

There was a job listing from United Front Games, saying they were working on a 'next-gen game with multiplayer' so... maybe. But not this soon, haha.

I don't think we'll get Vita games at Destination PlayStation. Sony said they'd talk about the Vita 'later this year', doubt they meant 'later this month', but we'll see I guess.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Only the winners. So..just Gravity Rush. Which is free on PSN+ :x

so a discount on GR for non PS+ people?well that still a good thing don't you think, more people need to play GR.

There was a job listing from United Front Games, saying they were working on a 'next-gen game with multiplayer' so... maybe. But not this soon, haha.

I don't think we'll get Vita games at Destination PlayStation. Sony said they'd talk about the Vita 'later this year', doubt they meant 'later this month', but we'll see I guess.

that was related to House saying "we'll continue to unlock PlayStation Vita potential"

House clearly meant the new initiatives that Vita will get (like Remote Play with PS4) that what Sony will talk about later,not games announcement.

Spiegel

Just tried Shadow of the Colossus HD using Remote Play and it was an awful experience. It doesn't run well at all.

I thought I read that people here have played and finished games using RP. Am I doing something wrong?

I would think so, but my copy didn't come with a unique code. thats why i'm weirded out

The Sony crossbuy games don't.
It's somehow handled through the "disc benefits" section of game, once it's in your PS3.
Once you associate the Vita copy from there with your account, Sony has some ID on the disc that they check off in their database and it's no longer good.

Local network?

Yeah, has to be, but if your local network also sucks, good luck.
As for SotC? I was able to beat some of the hard time attack challenges on Vita while I was working towards platinum. If you network is doing anything else though, like other people downloading, playing games, whatever, you'll get stutters.
I only had a few of those and it wasn't game breaking to the point where I felt like playing on the Vita impaired me.
Also, if your network sucks, you should turn down the image quality to 0 or -1.

Tomodachi

Just tried Shadow of the Colossus HD using Remote Play and it was an awful experience. It doesn't run well at all.

I thought I read that people here have played and finished games using RP. Am I doing something wrong?

Tokyo Jungle RP was fine, although the screen is too tiny for that kind of game, my eyes ached after 15 minutes. Maybe how it runs depends on the game.

Today I picked up my Vita's charging cable and the plastic casing around the plug that goes into the Vita came off. I had to snap it back on and wrap it with some scotch tape, but it still works

I'm going to go to Gamestop soon and pick up AC3: Liberation. I played some AC1 on the PC but I always thought it would be better on a gamepad than the KB/M

Top Bottom