• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

zulux21

aksys just announced a new run of virtue's last reward with a yellow watch.
rHtsmIb.jpg
(image from go nintnedo)
that can also be a top of the page recommendation :p

Shoyz

How much would it cost to import a limited edition bundle? I keep seeing people quoted as spending 400+. But 25,000 yen is $267, add EMS shipping and you have about 300? Considering saving for the next nice LE but I'd rather not pay a 50% import tax.

Holmes

Was playing Doctor Who when all of a sudden, the screen goes black with white text saying "An error has occurred. The PS Vita system will shut down." Turned it off, then held the power button for about 10-15 seconds, when it went to safe mode. So I chose to restart the system and everything so far seems to be fine. I don't seem to have lost anything. But... what the fuck? Has this happened to anyone else?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Was playing Doctor Who when all of a sudden, the screen goes black with white text saying "An error has occurred. The PS Vita system will shut down." Turned it off, then held the power button for about 10-15 seconds, when it went to safe mode. So I chose to restart the system and everything so far seems to be fine. I don't seem to have lost anything. But... what the fuck? Has this happened to anyone else?

Yeah that sometimes happens. I have a hard lock once every.. 2-4 weeks or so. And some games seem to trigger that more often than others.

Random aside, how are you liking Doctor Who?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
to actually own the game
to play it now instead of waiting
because you liked the game and wanted the developers to get more money?

...and to give them monetary incentives to rerelease Peace Walker natively on Vita!

wilflare

to actually own the game
to play it now instead of waiting
because you liked the game and wanted the developers to get more money?

that's true. haha but I'm currently playing like Uncharted: GA instead. haha
should have diverted the funds to P4G

EDIT: @Toma, if this little bit helps them to do so, would have been awesomeeee.
(MGR should have a Vita release too, no love.. no love) :(

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
I lost my Vita or cleaning people put it somewhere or one of them stole it. It's too bad there is no find my iphone type feature to make a tone because I've looked for 2 hours and couldn't find it. I was thinking of using some kind of wifi triangulation but then I remembered it turns off wifi when it's not in use :(
God, i hate that feeling. I lost my scooter keys recently, I went insane for a few weeks. Never found them.

Holmes

Yeah that sometimes happens. I have a hard lock once every.. 2-4 weeks or so. And some games seem to trigger that more often than others.

Random aside, how are you liking Doctor Who?
Strange. Never seen it in my ~6 months of owning the system. Thanks anyway.

As for the game, I'm enjoying it. Don't think it deserves all the bitching it gets but it's pretty solid. Controls are a bit clunky(especially jumping) and graphics aren't great but it's charming. Apparently the AI is bad but so far the only problem I've had was River prioritizing stepping on a switch over pulling a lever needed for raising a lift I was on. Had to reload. Story is cute and very Who-ish. Would probably wait for it to go on sale on PS+ before recommending it, but it's not a bad game either way. I'm enjoying it.

So Retro City Rampage has now been on both the US and HK PS+?

Really hoping it comes to EU PS+. I know a lot of people hate it but I personally enjoyed the demo.

Shai-Tan

Banned
I have played the demo. I liked it. I want it to come to PS+ so I don't have to pay for it incase it does go completely to shit like everyone says. ;)

It grew on me. Early on I was trying to use cover and that crappy auto aim until I figured out I could run around dual stick shooting and jump stomping. Driving sucks though :/ Not the best game but also not as bad as it's initial impression.

Holmes

Error occurred again while playing Doctor Who. So be advised if any of you download the game, VitaGAF. As for RCR, I enjoyed it. Got 100% of trophies. It was funny, and holding square while walking circles around enemies makes them almost never hit you, so it's not difficult. /shrug

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Man, I've been playing NFS:MW. I want to love it, but the driving controls just don't work for me. I prefer the more realistic GT driving over this. Maybe I need to give it more time...

E: How is GT for PSP?

The_Afroman

So just picked up New Sly game on ps3 and it says it comes with a copy for Vita. I opened up the box and only the disc was in there. Am i missing something? I was expecting a slip with a DL code.. Haven't poped the disc in yet..

breakfuss

So just picked up New Sly game on ps3 and it says it comes with a copy for Vita. I opened up the box and only the disc was in there. Am i missing something? I was expecting a slip with a DL code.. Haven't poped the disc in yet..

Once you place the disc in the PS3, an option labeled "disc benefits" will pop up under the game sub-menu (controller icon) in the XMB. Choose this, and you'll be able to redeem a downloadable Vita copy from the PSN store.

Sorry if my instructions were convoluted, lol. Someone else may be able to explain it better.

The_Afroman

Once you place the disc in the PS3, an option labeled "disc benefits" will pop up under the game sub-menu (controller icon) in the XMB. Choose this, and you'll be able to redeem a downloadable Vita copy from the PSN store.

Sorry if my instructions were convoluted, lol. Someone else may be able to explain it better.

So. How does it 1 time redeem something that is on the disc? That seems like a big loophole.. So I could pop this into lets say someone else PS3 witha vita and give them a copy? Since a Blu-ray disc can't be written to, how would it know it gave away it's copy.

Need to go downstairs and pop this in and see this..

Shoyz

I have no idea myself, but they wouldn't need to write to the disk. If each disk had a unique 'ID', it could simply check whether or not the ID was used already before granting a copy.

VanWinkle

So. How does it 1 time redeem something that is on the disc? That seems like a big loophole.. So I could pop this into lets say someone else PS3 witha vita and give them a copy? Since a Blu-ray disc can't be written to, how would it know it gave away it's copy.

It asks you if this is the account you want to tie this download to, and it's a 1 time use. Not sure about the logistics, but I do know that it is indeed 1 account redemption only.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer

Very simple. Every CD just needs to come with a unique code. Redeem the code once, and t becomes useless.

Jamix012

Two things: Everyone should get that Zero Escape Bundle with the watch. Fantastic game and the watch is pretty cool. If you end up hating it the watch will likely command some high prices on ebay later on.

Secondly: Holy cow I'm a member. I thought I'd share my excitement with my Vitabros first because this is probably where I hang out the most.

Two things: Everyone should get that Zero Escape Bundle with the watch. Fantastic game and the watch is pretty cool. If you end up hating it the watch will likely command some high prices on ebay later on.

Secondly: Holy cow I'm a member. I thought I'd share my excitement with my Vitabros first because this is probably where I hang out the most.

Grats!

I want zero escape but I need to play 999 first

Top Bottom