• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

ZeroAKA

Speaking of PSAS:BR... and advice on obtaining the "This is Living" trophy? It's the one where you have to finish a round in first without getting killed.
Just keep playing PSASBR, and you'll eventually get it. There are some players online who are pretty awful at the game.

Edit: I don't know if we're still doing top of the page recommendations, but buy P4G regardless. Less than a month left for you Europeans! :)

VanWinkle

Recommend escapeVektor. For those wondering how it plays, Here's the gist of it:

Here is the screen showing you the level (node) you are about to play, and it will also show you your high score to the right if you've played the level.

jbsdFeZHWEwXdm.jpg

You start off manuevaring around the level trying to go all the way around these white cells. You have to go around all of them, turning the white into color, to get 100% and complete the level. That rectangle that you see at the top right of the big cell is an enemy that moves in a predetermined path, in this case up and down.

jXCy2PhCbky2N.jpg

You have to watch out for the enemies. They're faster than you. Those brackets surrounding the line there to the right of my character are crucial. You go into those brackets and you can detonate, making a blast radius that will hopefully destroy both enemies on the line (only for about 2 seconds), giving you enough time to finish that stretch of line on their path.

jLumDmMby4ypC.jpg

Once you clear all the area, a "doorway" will open up that you have to get into, still dodging enemies. There is a time limit to get the medals although you can still complete the level after the time limit is finished.

jbrWKNoAkyHnHT.jpg

Finally, the post game screen. I didn't finish it in time, and didn't get any medals :( You can view the leaderboards for people nearby, friends, and overall.

jOAtwlbPgVSuc.jpg

Diebuster

Speaking of PSAS:BR... and advice on obtaining the "This is Living" trophy? It's the one where you have to finish a round in first without getting killed.

Play 2vs2 to make things easier. You don't have to rank first for the trophy, you just have to win so you don't have to worry about your partner doing better than you.

neuroned

Neo Member
Resistance is bad. Possibly the worst game on the Vita next to COD:BLOPS:D and that horrible Chronovolt nonsense. Well... maybe I should retract that statement, as I haven't played every game in the Vita library.

Recently downloaded Samurai Beatdown from the mobile section of the store. For free, it's actually quite fun. Side-scrolling-slasher-rhythm game.

ZeroAKA

Resistance Burning Skies will always have a special place in my heart for being the first game I got a platinum trophy in (and it was completely unintentional).

I wouldn't recommend it unless you can find it in the bargain bin.

QP3

Really sorry if this has been mentioned, but is there any word on if the KH 1.5 HD will be available on vita?

Ponn

Banned
Really sorry if this has been mentioned, but is there any word on if the KH 1.5 HD will be available on vita?

I think there may still be hope for remote play, but thats about the only hope you can have and thats not much.

Still waiting for Birth by Sleep on the PSN store.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I think there may still be hope for remote play, but thats about the only hope you can have and thats not much.

Still waiting for Birth by Sleep on the PSN store.

Lag,signal range,lack of some buttons just make Remote Play completely worthless idea.

I'd rather poke my eyes out than playing something using remote play.

Definitely sounds like that tweet could be about Killzone. So hyped!

It runs on the Killzone 3 engine so it should look and feel great. It really comes down to how well it runs on Vita, and how much content is included (it'd be hard to include less content than COD, though).

Sid

I just think that will be PS4/Orbis only/focused event. (I hope it is)
We'll see,I think so too.

It runs on the Killzone 3 engine so it should look and feel great. It really comes down to how well it runs on Vita, and how much content is included (it'd be hard to include less content than COD, though).
Man I seriously have high hopes for this game,it can be amazing if given the proper resources.

That's great to know. I'm really excited for this. I put in close 100 hours in KZ3 multi player.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

Until Dawn run on Killzone engine and it look like a PS2 game.

SxP

Speaking of PSAS:BR... and advice on obtaining the "This is Living" trophy? It's the one where you have to finish a round in first without getting killed

You can also just play a 1 minute 1v1 with someone from your friends list. That's how I got it at least.

Fuck I hope it's killzone and its a great fps on vita finally.

I know it's not the biggest franchise but if they market it right it could really help sales wise

so it won't get any ads and will sell >1k

Velkyn

I finally got around to trying the Sly demo, and I was thoroughly disappointed. So many demos are just the tutorial section of the game, and frankly the tutorial didn't show me anything special about the game.

That being said, I'll probably pick it up for the art/music alone.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I know it's not the biggest franchise but if they market it right it could really help sales wise

NOPE.avi

Killzone's been relegated to niche status after Guerrilla fucked up the controls of Killzone 2. No matter what they do, they are going to have to fight that stigma. The only way to do that is to provide a demo that shows that YES a FPS can have pin-point controls on the system and YES the game is decent and not "weight"-y to where people can't just phone-in games like Declassified thinking they'll sell to FPS fans.

Until Dawn run on Killzone engine and it look like a PS2 game.

...It doesn't, though?

Fuck I hope it's killzone and its a great fps on vita finally.

so it won't get any ads and will sell >1k

Yeah, the trouble with Killzone is that at this point it really only appeals to Killzone fans. It still sells pretty well for a system exclusive, but it won't bring it many non-PS3 owners to the Vita. Advertising too.... eeehh.

NOPE.avi

Killzone's been relegated to niche status after Guerrilla fucked up the controls of Killzone 2. No matter what they do, they are going to have to fight that stigma. The only way to do that is to provide a demo that shows that YES a FPS can have pin-point controls on the system and YES the game is decent and not "weight"-y to where people can't just phone-in games like Declassified thinking they'll sell to FPS fans.

Exactly, "if they market it right"

Ponn

Banned
Lag,signal range,lack of some buttons just make Remote Play completely worthless idea.

I'd rather poke my eyes out than playing something using remote play.

Hey, he was just asking for hope, rather have full Vita version.

I know remote play is laggy with PS3 but is this something that is improvable? I'm wondering if part of the reason is the design of PS3 and if it could be improved with PS4. If not that may kill the idea of Vita as PS4 controller.

Hey, he was just asking for hope, rather have full Vita version.

I know remote play is laggy with PS3 but is this something that is improvable? I'm wondering if part of the reason is the design of PS3 and if it could be improved with PS4. If not that may kill the idea of Vita as PS4 controller.

Laggy if your network sucks or you play "over internet".

If I was able to play SotC and finish hard mode playing over remote play, dealing with an occasional stutter, it's a solid experience.
I mean, I even was able to do some of the HTA colossi using Remote Play.

Tokyo Jungle is pretty solid via Remote Play too. I'm probably going to try ICO later.

I'm past 100 hour in persona 4, almost beat it, just the final dungeon, man the
valentine
event is rough, I was in 4 relationship and have to pick 1 girl, the worst part is
having to see the scene with each of the other 3 girls saying why you cant be with them. I just skim through them not really want to read the dialog, the yukiko one in particular looks really painful
. Next playthrough, no more multiple relationship for me.

OmegaZero

Two days old and imo not new threadworthy, but here's a preview for Ninja Gaiden Σ2+ that details some of the changes and gameplay.
Here's the bits I thought were interesting:

Robert Workman said:
To kind of ease newcomers into the controls, Tecmo Koei is implementing a new Heroes mode, which allows you to convert gameplay for the easier simply by using the rear touch pad to execute attacks. You'll be able to chain together combos with ease using this ability, though old-school pros can certainly stick to mashing buttons and timing counter attacks to lop an enemy's head clean off.

Robert Workman said:
The game will also introduce a new Ninja Race mode, where you have to grab items and keep killing enemies while getting to a certain point before time runs out. This is a challenging new mode that will test your finest ninja moves, as you can easily stall too long getting into a skirmish with a larger enemy. Remember, folks, it's all about the cut-and-run.

Ponn

Banned
Laggy if your network sucks or you play "over internet".

If I was able to play SotC and finish hard mode playing over remote play, dealing with an occasional stutter, it's a solid experience.
I mean, I even was able to do some of the HTA colossi using Remote Play.

Tokyo Jungle is pretty solid via Remote Play too. I'm probably going to try ICO later.

It works over wifi still like PSP. It may solid, but with the variable experiences it wouldn't be a perfect solution as a PS4 controller. It would get ripped to shreds by critics and reviews. I'm mainly wondering if they built the Vita and PS4 in mind with this and if it will connect via bluetooth as a controller for PS4.

Top Bottom