• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Velkyn

Granted it could hurt te vitas image on gaf( can it get ang worse?) u should make a new thread for that promotion- itll help any people who are considering a vita purchase soon...

Yeah, all 2 of them on gaf. :/

Edit: Oh damn, top page! Buy Hot Shots Golf - World Invitational even if you don't like golf. Lots to unlock and more depth than any sports game I've seen/played.

Granted it could hurt the vitas image on gaf ( can it get any worse?) u should make a new thread for that promotion- itll help any people who are considering a vita purchase soon...

SiDCrAzY

Eh, I don't see how it's much different than company's like Hulu and Netflix doing similar things. Still a little weird, but they aren't the only company to do that.

I think it has more to do that Sony aren't doing much of anything else to sell a Vita. Not that they're the only company who does this.

SteveWD40

1. How much mileage does a 32gb card have for DD only? I hear some Vita games are 2-3gb and psp games can be 500mb to a gig, yet some people seem to heaps on just one card.

3,3 GB is max , most vita games will be well below 2 gb

2. The PC software, you can back DD games / saves up? So if the PSN went down your games are yours as long as you have the PC backup correct?

Hmm i think you need internet connection when transfering games from pc to vita so it is checking your licences with server

3. Some games (MHFU for example) don't appear on the EU vita store I hear but you can buy them on your PC (don't have a PS3) via mediago and then dl to the Vita direct, correct?

only possible through ps3 afaik

Thanks, so maybe not go DD only if you are paranoid about the PSN? I figured the PC backups might be safe enough.

VanWinkle

I think it has more to do that Sony aren't doing much of anything else to sell a Vita. Not that they're the only company who does this.

Oh definitely, they need to market it themselves first and foremost, but nothing wrong with doing this in addition.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Toto's shtick is old hat. P3P is good, dun listen to them.

This $20 credit thing has me worried a tad.

the biggest push for the vita was the taco bell promo contest early on when everyone wanted a vita...i wonder how much taco bell made from that. sony needs to do another contest where 1 in ever 2 wins...

zulux21

Toto's shtick is old hat. P3P is good, dun listen to them.

This $20 credit thing has me worried a tad.

I don't know why it's worry some. credits for buying a system are really commonplace before a price drop... if you ever want to know when a price cut is coming just wait until you see everyone offering a "buy this system and get $25-$50 in store credit" deals lol. and we all know the vita will get a price cut sometime this year.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
the biggest push for the vita was the taco bell promo contest early on when everyone wanted a vita...i wonder how much taco bell made from that. sony needs to do another contest where 1 in ever 2 wins...

an old sage live on a snowy mountain with his chicken once said " low price and good well known franchises"

Kaz Hirai should meet him someday and learn.

Noi

I can't really single out Sony for being the only one to have a referral program thing, but I don't like it anyway. Only because I don't know anyone who wants a Vita that doesn't already own one.

No,for an example Yakuza 4 is even worse than P3P. at least P3P don't shat itself story wise.

Yeah, ok.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I don't know why it's worry some. credits for buying a system are really commonplace before a price drop... if you ever want to know when a price cut is coming just wait until you see everyone offering a "buy this system and get $25-$50 in store credit" deals lol. and we all know the vita will get a price cut sometime this year.

That's true.

One day after they have left their respective companies I'd love to have yosp and miyamoto on a podcast together.

That be such a fascinating conversation

tusken77

4. Grips or no grips? I have big hands...

I've got the Hori grips. They're awesome.

IMG_0989-520x364.jpg

I can happily play without grips but there's several benefits to having them. Super comfortable for long sessions, easy to hold the device one-handed when swiping the screen, accidental contact with the rear panel a thing of the past.

Noi

I fail to see what's the big deal with that referal promo ?

It's less a problem with the promo itself, cause other companies do it all the time, and Sony doing it for a product that's commonly perceived as having low sales and no marketing. It's not completely unexpected that people will see it as a desperation tactic. If the Vita's sales weren't so dire, people wouldn't be batting an eyelash.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

Look like a PSP game.

One day after they have left their respective companies I'd love to have yosp and miyamoto on a podcast together.

That be such a fascinating conversation

Miyamoto "why did you rejected Folklore 2?it's like Pokemon but with real time combat system if it was with Nintendo we'll make it huge"
Shu "it wasn't a shooter,see I only love average shooters and twitter "

CrovaxPSO

I asked this last night right before the old thread got locked. Are imported games able to be patched/updated without having to switch accounts and memory cards?

I can also recommend the Hori grips. Good for long play sessions and they feel great while playing a shooter.

Would love to get my hands on the Nyko PowerGrip, but no EU release and don't know where to import from. :( Hopefully other alternatives will turn up.

I asked this last night right before the old thread got locked. Are imported games able to be patched/updated without having to switch accounts and memory cards?

I've got an EU account and imported Madden 13 and MLB 12, both downloaded patches fine.

Will ask a second time since people are too busy shitting up the thread to help:

Where did you find the email? (and when)
I have a US psn account and an EU one and never saw this email.

A friend of mine just bought a vita so it would come in handy for us both.

CrovaxPSO

I can also recommend the Hori grips. Good for long play sessions and they feel great while playing a shooter.

Would love to get my hands on the Nyko PowerGrip, but no EU release and don't know where to import from. :( Hopefully other alternatives will turn up.

I've got an EU account and imported Madden 13 and MLB 12, both downloaded patches fine.

Great, thank you!

Will ask a second time since people are too busy shitting up the thread to help:

Where did you find the email? (and when)
I have a US psn account and an EU one and never saw this email.

A friend of mine just bought a vita so it would come in handy for us both.

You have to be signed up to Sony Rewards (never heard of it either) and have a US account I think.

Shahed

Damn. If only I waited 2 more days before switching to my US account. I would have done that Gravity Rush race and none of you lot would be able to compare!

Velkyn

This promotion is minor compared to the last time I was in a Gamestop. Literally jumped by a (female) Sony rep asking me if I've tried the Vita yet, and how it can be mine if I trade in 8 games worth $20 dollars or more! -_-

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
What's wrong with you? Sometimes I feel that you are an actual moron. The game looks great.

Sorry but it don't look "great" to me,maybe I should lower my expectations.

oh well..at least it's not as ugly as Marvelous AQL game,no PSone textures here.

VanWinkle

oh well..at least it's not as ugly as Marvelous AQL game,no PSone textures here.

You don't have to think it looks great, it's just the ridiculousness of your statements all the time. "It looks like a PSP game." You know that's a dumb thing to say and completely untrue, but you always do it for some reason. You're one of the biggest fans of hyperbole I've ever seen.

zulux21

Your shtick is getting really old.

to be fair, toto isn't exactly wrong, it looks like a high quality psp release... which really shouldn't come as a surprise given it's being released on both psp and psv,

i mean
CjbFxSc.png

hardly looks stunning with all of those jaggies.

I'm not saying it looks bad, but it does in fact look like something that could be on the psp, likely because it is in fact going to be running on the psp, the psv version will likely just be a small visual upgrade as they wouldn't waste the resources to make the psv version vastly superior.

edit: it feels odd defending toto :/

cyborg009

Banned
Look like a PSP game.

Miyamoto "why did you rejected Folklore 2?it's like Pokemon but with real time combat system if it was with Nintendo we'll make it huge"
Shu "it wasn't a shooter,see I only love average shooters and twitter "

Not a fan of Yoshida decisions ?

lol
You should try the demo with me and Kyon someday. Online is pretty smooth too.

Your shtick is getting really old.
I wish people would stop attacking Toto whenever he says anything. He could proclaim Vita the greatest handheld in history and some of you guys would pounce on him.

GE2 looked great in those low-quality Famitsu scans. Now in direct feed, its deficiencies have been exposed. Lovely rim lighting aside, it looks like a PSP game.

I mean, come on. It is a PSP game. Stop being idiots.

Twinduct

Well in the defence of the mob, a broken clock is right twice a day. And I agree, the game is clearly not 'that' improved for the Vita (When comparing it to Native Vita games).

Top Bottom