• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

whitehawk

Banned
Is the Vita store slow for anyone else? I'm downloading the Metal Gear Rising demo just fine, but Gravity rush is basically downloading at a snails pace...

kiyomi

Can somebody explain why that was a spoiler? You can spoiler tag your response to me if you'd like.
I am incredibly sensitive to that kind of thing. It might seem trivial but for me even the knowledge of an upcoming event that I've never experienced before, somehow dampens the surprise when I get to it. P4G is a game that invests you in the characters, (to me) any kind of spoiler creates a kind of false expectaction.

btkadams said:
i went and spoilertagged it. sorry!!
It's okay, as I say I'm just particularly sensitive :3

daveo42

Banned
I'm past 100 hour in persona 4, almost beat it, just the final dungeon, man the
valentine
event is rough, I was in 4 relationship and have to pick 1 girl, the worst part is
having to see the scene with each of the other 3 girls saying why you cant be with them. I just skim through them not really want to read the dialog, the yukiko one in particular looks really painful
. Next playthrough, no more multiple relationship for me.

Yeah, that was really rough.
All of them say they trust you that something else is important. Naoto just doesn't want to a acknowledge the fact she knows you'll be tapping someone other than her that day. The Christmas event wasn't nearly as bad since you didn't have to turn them down in person.

Has anyone declined relationships when offered? I'm curious how that works out but would feel bad if I had declined.

VanWinkle

I am incredibly sensitive to that kind of thing. It might seem trivial but for me even the knowledge of an upcoming event that I've never experienced before, somehow dampens the surprise when I get to it. P4G is a game that invests you in the characters, (to me) any kind of spoiler creates a kind of false expectaction.

It's okay, as I say I'm just particularly sensitive :3

Oh so like you didn't know know that that was going to happen in the game?

Has anyone declined relationships when offered? I'm curious how that works out but would feel bad if I had declined.

Yeah:
Declined Yukiko because I didn't know you could have multiple relationships haha, and although it was kind awkward it eventually led to Yukiko releasing she values having a very close male friend for once (other than just female ones). Turned down the drama club girl too, and she bought it up again later in a kind-of-joking-but-still-hurtful way. Awkward, haha.

MisterC20XX

Ah, the smell of a new thread...

Great job, Noi!

Snacks for you:

OSfAJ.jpg

I am so freakin excited about the idea of PSO2 on my Vita!

Velkyn

really?! when did this happen? i coulda sworn heard it was sub based....

i'd be willing to buy this now! ( subscription gaming scares me away, no matter the game)

Was never sub-based from the start. I played a bit on PC JPN launch, but honestly was too busy to keep playing. Game's pretty awesome, can't wait to see how it plays on the Vita.

Copenap

Just started playing P3P and I'm loving it so far. It's my first Persona title or SMT for that matter and I have the fealing I'm going to enjoy this. And don't worry guys, P4G will be next.

Noi

i'd be willing to buy this now! ( subscription gaming scares me away, no matter the game)

It's F2P with a a retail version being released that you can buy for some extra goodies in-game. Not a bad deal, I'd say.

PSO2 was always free to play. There is however a premium subscription thing that gives various perks to the player, and some ended up believing that was mandatory. It's not though, the game is fully playable for free.

Definitely not sub-based. :)

In Japan there's the option to buy a physical release which comes with some in-game bonuses, but it's not needed and the game is free-to-play.

daveo42

Banned
Yeah:
Declined Yukiko because I didn't know you could have multiple relationships haha, and although it was kind awkward it eventually led to Yukiko releasing she values having a very close male friend for once (other than just female ones). Turned down the drama club girl too, and she bought it up again later in a kind-of-joking-but-still-hurtful way. Awkward, haha.

Ouch. I guess that can be kind of rough.
Laying your feelings out and being rejected outright. Still, let's not bring it up later friendo.

Ponn

Banned

What? Never started more then one relationship, not a cheating player bastard. My MC was a one moe guy. There was a little bit sadness with each turn down but really was just more of a friendzone moment.

in spite of my initial thoughts
Marie definitely became my waifu of choice between the 3 playthroughs. She wasn't annoying in any particular way, A bit of a hard ass, brutally honest with endearing moments when those walls came down for a moment that made her undeniably cute.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Just started playing P3P and I'm loving it so far. It's my first Persona title or SMT for that matter and I have the fealing I'm going to enjoy this. And don't worry guys, P4G will be next.

I'm sad that you are wasting you time (and wasted you money already) on that P3P abomination.

I'm loving it so far

:( it's not even a real Persona experience..not even what the original vision of P3 was.

Kyon,Leona Lewis.. I leave you girls alone for a month and people start throwing their money on that sorry excuse of a port.

oh well it's my fault.

Anyone got the email from Sony to help sell Vitas? If anyone is interested let me know as we will both get a $20 psn card with the offer.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I really need to get LoH: TiTs, but I have so much on my Vita already.

Also, I currently have 50 games installed on my system (across Vita, PS1, PSP, and Minis), and still have 10GB free. Kind of absurd. I don't have time to play all of them. I really don't need to buy any more games for it, but I really want Persona 4 and Sly: TiT.

I'll be good, though, and try and work my way through my current Vita backlog. I at least want to complete one or two games before I splurge on more.

P4G relationship spoilers
It hurt to reject Rise because she is crying when they ask if you want to be in a relationship but I stuck with Yukiko only for my whole playthrough. Women crying is a weakness of mine but loyalty to one even more so. Chie and Ayane wasn't as bad but Ai can be hard to stomach. I never got to romance Naoto so I dunno what happens with her.

I'm gonna start another playthrough and get all the girls one by one. :) Just have to create multiple saves lol.

Edit:
Anyone got the email from Sony to help sell Vitas? If anyone is interested let me know as we will both get a $20 psn card with the offer.

Whoa hook me up, I'd love to help out Sony!

daveo42

Banned
What? Never started more then one relationship, not a cheating player bastard.

Yeah, my MC was a player. Something I am definitely not in real life. I still felt like a bastard every time I started a new one up tho.

"Sorry ladies, I'm a heartbreaker"

zulux21

Yeah, my MC was a player. Something I am definitely not in real life. I still felt like a bastard every time I started a new one up tho.

"Sorry ladies, I'm a heartbreaker"

isn't it established in the introduction of the main character that
you are only there for this school year and will be moving away as soon as it's over lol

if so, really regardless of how you go about it you are going to be a heart breaker :p

Copenap

I'm sad that you are wasting you time (and wasted you money already) on that P3P abomination.

:( it's not even a real Persona experience..not even what the original vision of P3 was.

Kyon,Leona Lewis.. I leave you girls alone for a month and people start throwing their money on that sorry excuse of a port.

oh well it's my fault.
Haha, don't be so hart on yourself. I already knew that there are two very different opinions of P3P and since it's currebtly the only chance for me to play P3 at all I had to take the chance.

SteveWD40

Right, considering a Vita, questions thus:

1. How much mileage does a 32gb card have for DD only? I hear some Vita games are 2-3gb and psp games can be 500mb to a gig, yet some people seem to heaps on just one card.

2. The PC software, you can back DD games / saves up? So if the PSN went down your games are yours as long as you have the PC backup correct?

3. Some games (MHFU for example) don't appear on the EU vita store I hear but you can buy them on your PC (don't have a PS3) via mediago and then dl to the Vita direct, correct?

4. Grips or no grips? I have big hands...

What is the body of the email? What does it say you have to do?

Register an accoutnwith the sony referal program and send an email to friends who will but it. once they register their vita both of us get $20 psn cards. this is up to 10 people I believe. If you get 10 your entered into a drawing for 1 million sony reward points.

I'm in. If anyone is getting one and would like a $20 psn card let me know.

Noi

Haha, don't be so hart on yourself. I already knew that there are two very different opinions of P3P and since it's currebtly the only chance for me to play P3 at all I had to take the chance.

Some people have a running shtick where they claim that P3P is somehow the worst thing ever made, but that's not true. It's flawed when it comes to presentation, but the gameplay mechanics are leagues better. Enjoy yourself!

Jamix012

oh well it's my fault.

10/10 Totobenis. Definitive version of Persona 3.

Right, considering a Vita, questions thus:

1. How much mileage does a 32gb card have for DD only? I hear some Vita games are 2-3gb and psp games can be 500mb to a gig, yet some people seem to heaps on just one card.

2. The PC software, you can back DD games / saves up? So if the PSN went down your games are yours as long as you have the PC backup correct?

3. Some games (MHFU for example) don't appear on the EU vita store I hear but you can buy them on your PC (don't have a PS3) via mediago and then dl to the Vita direct, correct?

4. Grips or no grips? I have big hands...

Mhfu is on the EU vita store...

zulux21

Register an accoutnwith the sony referal program and send an email to friends who will but it. once they register their vita both of us get $20 psn cards. this is up to 10 people I believe. If you get 10 your entered into a drawing for 1 million sony reward points.

I'm in. If anyone is getting one and would like a $20 psn card let me know.

I wonder what it takes to register a vita, if it involves more than logging onto the psn then I doubt I have done it lol

3,3 GB is max , most vita games will be well below 2 gb

Hmm i think you need internet connection when transfering games from pc to vita so it is checking your licences with server

only possible through ps3 afaik

VanWinkle

I'm a bit worried that this is the extent of their marketing ideas to sell Vita's. Almost pyramid scheme levels.

Eh, I don't see how it's much different than company's like Hulu and Netflix doing similar things. Still a little weird, but they aren't the only company to do that.

Granted it could hurt te vitas image on gaf( can it get ang worse?) u should make a new thread for that promotion- itll help any people who are considering a vita purchase soon...

Top Bottom