• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Viva Las Vegas (GT4)

Dekajelly

102574_1090509722.jpg

102574_1090509731.jpg

102574_1090509740.jpg

102574_1090509751.jpg

102574_1090509761.jpg

102574_1090509771.jpg

102574_1090509781.jpg

102574_1090509791.jpg

Lukas

Banned
is the game really gonna look this high res and smooth when you play or are these photomode pics....

im not bashin or nothin, i just cant picture that GT4 will have absolutely 0 jaggies and everything will look that high res on a playstation 2

Insertia

God damn!!!

hype meter just increased 50%. Online drag races in Vegas? GOTY. GOTY. GOTY.

keep the screens coming Deka.

Lukas said:
is the game really gonna look this high res and smooth when you play or are these photomode pics....

im not bashin or nothin, i just cant picture that GT4 will have absolutely 0 jaggies and everything will look that high res on a playstation 2

Funny, I never noticed any jaggies in GT3 or the GT4 Toyota demo. GT3 has some texture shimmering, but it's been toned down quite a bit in GT4 (if the demo is anything to go by).

The the events in GT4 now are:

GT Racing
Rally Racing
F1 Racing
Drag Racing
Drifting

Kaz said that they're going to improve the F1 mode over the GT3 version. GT4 online is going to be so good.

I wont listen to anyone claiming that the PS2 has inferiour hardware anymore.

This is the proof that its not the console that sucks, its the other developers. =)

AndreasNystrom said:

This is the proof that its not the console that sucks, its the other developers. =)

This is completely true. Only if more people could understand this instead of blaming the PS2 when a game looks bad.

AndreasNystrom said:

It's not really the PS2 technology that makes it look that good, but Polyphony's artistic talent (obviously the PS2 tech has something to do with it but it's not what gives GT4 the leg up over the competition looks wise).

Forsete

Sweet allah.. :eek:

Looks great.

Nice chrome effects on the rims, that was first introduced in GT Concept if my memory serves me right?

Brofist

Deepthroat said:
If this game is supposed to be out in November I have to pass. Both Halo 2 and GTA:SA will keep me going all winter.

Looks great though! I still play Prologue now and then :)

Haha keep telling yourself that. I'm gonna believe that as GT4 is out and hype is beyond belief you'll be happy to pop in prologue now and again...if you can you have some willpower :p

FightyF

Banned

Well, even with these screens, the PS2 is showing it's age.

102574_1090509810.jpg

You can see the texture compression on the car. It was like this in GT3, but I'm just showing that the age of the console becomes more apparent as years go by.

well, yeah its got a little bit texturecompression showing there, but while
playing you dont notice, and it just looks awesome.

the same thing with RRT4 on the PSX. It showed that all competitors sucked
graphicswise i think...
especially with the blureffect in the replay, then it was just unreal standing
a few metres away, and looking at it, and it just looked real!.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Holy shit, I'm in love with Photo mode! :D

I hope the backgrounds will look like that in the next-gen GT...

Jumpman

Any word on the motorcycles that were hinted at earlier in development?

I sure hope this game has A.I. this time. GT3's A.I. was nonexistant. Without a decent challenge from the computer, GT4 is going to be incredibly monotonous to complete 100%.

The bikes are almost completely confirmed to not be in it. Polyphony was probably testing them for the next game or maybe just a game based on them.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
segasonic said:
did none of you play gt4 prologue?

final game will look nothing like this...

Let me guess... you didn't read any of the posts in this thread right?

ANYWAY..... I have to admit I will now probably spend some time in photo mode just for the hell of it....

segasonic

Okay, you may continue with your circle-jerk then. Have fun playing the replays and photo-mode...

I'd rather have Burnout 3 quality graphics INGAME

segasonic said:
Okay, you may continue with your circle-jerk then. Have fun playing the replays and photo-mode...

Are you really this hard up on bashing GT?

Brofist

segasonic said:
did none of you play gt4 prologue?

final game will look nothing like this...

GT4 Prologue is a year old demo of the game, you think no improvements have been made since??

kpop100 said:
GT4 Prologue is a year old demo of the game, you think no improvements have been made since??

Indeed. They already changed the crowd to 3d crowd and made the reflexions better in the E3 demo apparently. They also lowered the aliaising.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
segasonic said:

What the hell is wrong with you? "Blah blah blah, play Soul Calibur 1...it's TEH BETTAR!!11" "Blah blah blah, GT4 looks SOOOOO bad...Speed Devils on Dreamcast is way bettar LOL!111"

Very sad...

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
segasonic said:

True cause it's impossible to have an interest in BOTH games....

Jumpman

SolidSnakex said:
The bikes are almost completely confirmed to not be in it. Polyphony was probably testing them for the next game or maybe just a game based on them.

Figured as much, oh well. I'll still hold out hope until I play the game for myself, and unlock everthing. Maybe Polyphony is working on a motorcycle racing sim as well?

I sure hope they don't forget to make GT4 fun. The series is getting stale. There has been very little improvements in the series since the original. I fear that GT4 may end up just being GT2-2. They need to make the game more interesting. They need to find a way to make each racing series unique from the last. One way to do this would be to go back to the tournament structure of GT1. In that game, you could start out with a lowly car in the begginers tournament. Then work your way up, and improve that car slowly, until you won it all in the grand championship.

It seems to me that they concentrate so much on adding the 500 cars, and 100 tracks, that they forget about the actual game part of it. The graphics are solid, for the PS2. The physics engine is brilliant. If they brought the same level of effort to the game design portion of GT, along with awesome A.I., the GT series would be unbeatable.

On a side note, does anyone know if GT4's tracks will have varying times of day, as well as different weather options?

Lazy8s

The ghost of Dreamcast past
The pre-baked lighting on the cars for the night-time doesn't look nearly as realistic as the effect for the daytime.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Jumpman said:
On a side note, does anyone know if GT4's tracks will have varying times of day, as well as different weather options?

I think it's time they gave us some snowy tracks in the GT series.

Midas

Isn't there a snowy version of the Nürnburing track somewhere in the Prologue that can be "hacked" with AR?

"It seems to me that they concentrate so much on adding the 500 cars, and 100 tracks, that they forget about the actual game part of it. The graphics are solid, for the PS2. The physics engine is brilliant. If they brought the same level of effort to the game design portion of GT, along with awesome A.I., the GT series would be unbeatable."

Outside of the AI what's wrong with the game design? The tracks are great, the physics are awesome ect. Yah the AI sucks but so does 99% of all racers so it's not like GT is the odd man out. Plus now you have online play so you don't really even need to worry about the AI since you don't get any better than human controlled cars.

"On a side note, does anyone know if GT4's tracks will have varying times of day, as well as different weather options?'

Yes you can select the time of day and weather setting now.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
You can see the texture compression on the car. It was like this in GT3, but I'm just showing that the age of the console becomes more apparent as years go by.

Texture compression has nothing to do w/ age, and everything to do w/ not enough memory for textures.

Top Bottom