• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Viva Las Vegas (GT4)

Dice said:
I wonder if I should get a wheel for this game... But if I do I'd feel guilty for not getting an arcade stick for VF4. Hmmmmm....

I remember when GT4 Prologue came out, someone mentioned on the GTPlanet forum that it feels difficult to steer the higher end cars with the dual shock in comparison to the wheel.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
I'll have to get a wheel for this and Burnout 3. Quite the affordable hobby we've got going here.

Kudie

Dice said:
I wonder if I should get a wheel for this game... But if I do I'd feel guilty for not getting an arcade stick for VF4. Hmmmmm....

I plan on getting the wheel not only because it will enhance the realism factor ten-fold, with the 900 degrees of rotation etc., but because I can't really play GT as well with the automatic transmission and shifting gears.

The wheel costs about twice as much as a stick for VF4, but I feel it is a good investment.

Kudie

Mooreberg said:
I'll have to get a wheel for this and Burnout 3. Quite the affordable hobby we've got going here.

No kidding. :D I never thought I would pay over a hundred dollars for gaming peripherals, but Steel Battalion, and now GT4, have proven me wrong.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"But to say that GT4 looked shimmery, bad, and etc. isn't fair. It looked bad because of the TV and (like TTP just said) because we were playing the game two feet away from the monitor."

Eh?
this is nearly at the end of this gen, and the fact that the game looks as on HDTVs is something that can't just be excused.

I've played Prologue on my projector *Hidef* , a Wega tv *hidef* and a Toshiba *not hidef*.
The game looks great on all of them ! BUT it does not look like the fucking renders we get on this board. I just don't see why people can't accept this?! It does have a lot of shimmering (can we PLEASE lose the fences around NY??? There is no need for them!!), jaggies aren't too bad at all.

Alpha , the pictures you posted really do give an accurate representation of what the game looks like. But it also proves that the hires shots aren't what the game looks like! To look like that it would have to be running in hires, but as you seem to be saying GT4 isn't made to run on HdTVs (???)

The true beauty of GT4 is seeing it running. The lighting is where it is at in GT4. It's what sets it appart from PGR2 and other games in my opinion. But people have to just admit that the game looks nowhere near what the shots look like doing the rounds on this board.

" BUT it does not look like the fucking renders we get on this board. I just don't see why people can't accept this?!"

I don't think anyone thinsk it looks exactly like the pics Polyphony releases, they're just saying it doesn't look terrible in motion as some are saying.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
SolidSnakex said:
" BUT it does not look like the fucking renders we get on this board. I just don't see why people can't accept this?!"

I don't think anyone thinsk it looks exactly like the pics Polyphony releases, they're just saying it doesn't look terrible in motion as some are saying.

Yeah. I know it doesn't look like the press shots, but the way people are making it out to be is like it looks like shit when seen in person.

Top Bottom