• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vive Focus Vision [Standalone + Display port + eye tracking] - $999

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Specs seems quite decent

• The HTC Vive Focus Vision combines premium features, Auto-IPD adjustments, and a hot-swappable battery for a comfortable and high-quality VR experience.
  • Priced at $999, the Focus Vision straddles professional and gaming features, providing an alternative to Apple and Meta headsets.
  • HTC's approach focuses on enhancing user-experience over pushing the "Metaverse," a trend that needs to be more common.
The immersive display puts you right at the heart of the action with a 5K resolution of 2448 x 2448 pixels per eye, up to 120° field of view, and 90 Hz refresh rate.

DisplayPort mode maximizes your PC connection’s bandwidth to allow for sharper graphics and faster response times.

Using infrared illuminators, cameras, and computer vision, eye tracking offers gaze input, avatar eye control, and optimized performance via foveated rendering.

Hearing is believing. Get 3D audio with open-back, dual-driver speakers that minimize sound leakage, noise- and echo-cancelling mics, and a 3.5 mm audio jack.

“Vive Focus Vision gives you the best of both worlds, with outstanding standalone capabilities, and DisplayPort mode support for visually lossless PCVR experiences,” says Global Head of Product Shen Ye. “Now, PC gamers can bring the same high-end headsets used in VR arcades into their homes. We’re taking everything to the next level with built-in eye-tracking, stereo color passthrough cameras for depth-correct mixed reality, and even an infra-red sensor for enhanced hand tracking in low-light conditions.”

Bitstream

Mike Myers No GIF

At this price point I'd expect to see some OLED screens
No specification on lenses means its probably just fresnel
Without bringing anything revolutionary to the table, I'm not seeing why this would be a superior option over a wired PSVR2 (OLED, excellent controllers, PC&PS support) or a wireless Meta Quest 3 (Pancake lenses, full wireless, Quest Exclusives)

Hell, come to think of it, you could probably get a PSVR2 + PC Adapter, AND a Quest 3 for less money.

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
That does look pretty slick, and it’s cheaper than I’d expect an HTC headset. But VR software just hasn’t kept up with the hardware. I wish we could have more games like Alyx.

Top Bottom