• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

vtubers?

He explained it on another video that EN is just too strong in terms of members and that's why he excludes them.

I mean it's kinda unfair to compare EN with JP.

Yeah, this kinda surprises me considering how unique she is. But I guess baby-types are too young even for the lolicons. I guess they appeal more to the fatherly and motherly types and they are kinda rare among the Vtuber listeners I presume.

Also 4th and 5th generation are still pretty recent, only Coco really made a huge breakthrough among them.

What's also interesting though is that members don't have much to do with how much they earn though. Coco is by fast the highest earner and Gura is actually pretty low for her high sub count.

Here are the SC earnings from February:

I think Luna scares off most fans... At first I kinda felt weird watching her and avoided her streams but later I saw how funny she can be and watched a bit more of her stuff. The new dress and hair designs for everyone kinda helped but Luna at full body has some weird long arms and legs. She is all over the place when you try to pin down what they are going for. He body does not match her baby face and voice at all.

EN is not too powerful that is a copout, EN just shows the true potential of where Hololive needs to set its goals. EN drags JP kicking and screaming to bigger numbers.

I got to go watch the EN collab can't fight that battle right now. she must have the riches fans

Same person is always TOPs on Super Chats (wait Coko beats Rushia? Shocker)

Last edited:
EN collab delayed 30mins it would not be an EN collab without Skuff and tech issues but I bet this is Hotel Connection Ame.

what could they play that Ame cannot connect to I wonder?

can't wait to find out it was Ame

Don't Starve Together with Mods OH that would cause many delays

The Characters are too cute
I'll have to watch 5 VODs later to see where they all went

Last edited:
That was too much TeeTee at the end, SNIFFLES

I really need to step up my Japanese learning the more I watch EN and how they get along the more I want to understand all the JP talent

OMG Ame

this video is going to make hundreds of clippers happy

gonna share this cuteness again just before she gets cancelled by America

She said Canada better than the voice from the program.

Must be English Season

Last edited:
I think Luna scares off most fans... At first I kinda felt weird watching her and avoided her streams but later I saw how funny she can be and watched a bit more of her stuff. The new dress and hair designs for everyone kinda helped but Luna at full body has some weird long arms and legs. She is all over the place when you try to pin down what they are going for. He body does not match her baby face and voice at all.
For me it's just the baby behavior that turns me off (but her hand is also distracting lol). Her English lesson was kinda cute, I admit, but I can only take this an hour or two then I've enough for the month.

I prefer "real" Vtubers. The closer they feel like they are being like they are in real life, the more I like them usually. Though uniqueness also takes a big role.

EN is not too powerful that is a copout, EN just shows the true potential of where Hololive needs to set its goals. EN drags JP kicking and screaming to bigger numbers.
We discussed this before, but I do not think that EN members are better than JP members, I think they only get more subscribers because English reaches the whole world while Japanese only reaches Japan. So comparing subscriber counts is not a fair comparison.

The only "true potential" that EN shows is that there's a large potential audience in the west. But if all JP members would speak English fluently they'd have a much larger subscriber count by now.

Same person is always TOPs on Super Chats (wait Coko beats Rushia? Shocker)
Coco is actually the Top Superchatted person on all Youtube.

Rushia was more new information to me, but I can see why. She controls her fanbase quite well and gets them to be like "I love her and want to give her all my money". Gura is I guess the opposite to that, she has many fans, but most just enjoy watching and meme her but are not deeply in love with her.

Kanata is at the top for February because of her 342 attempt 26+ hours Sans marathon, she usually isn't that high.

Risu at the very bottom is kinda sad (except Mel, but Mel doesn't stream often, so it's expected). I guess she gets more money from membership though, as you need that for Ayunda DLC.

For me it's just the baby behavior that turns me off (but her hand is also distracting lol). Her English lesson was kinda cute, I admit, but I can only take this an hour or two then I've enough for the month.

I prefer "real" Vtubers. The closer they feel like they are being like they are in real life, the more I like them usually. Though uniqueness also takes a big role.

We discussed this before, but I do not think that EN members are better than JP members, I think they only get more subscribers because English reaches the whole world while Japanese only reaches Japan. So comparing subscriber counts is not a fair comparison.

The only "true potential" that EN shows is that there's a large potential audience in the west. But if all JP members would speak English fluently they'd have a much larger subscriber count by now.

Coco is actually the Top Superchatted person on all Youtube.

Rushia was more new information to me, but I can see why. She controls her fanbase quite well and gets them to be like "I love her and want to give her all my money". Gura is I guess the opposite to that, she has many fans, but most just enjoy watching and meme her but are not deeply in love with her.

Kanata is at the top for February because of her 342 attempt 26+ hours Sans marathon, she usually isn't that high.

Risu at the very bottom is kinda sad (except Mel, but Mel doesn't stream often, so it's expected). I guess she gets more money from membership though, as you need that for Ayunda DLC.
Great post you really nailed the Luna point she really painted herself into a corner with that character, she can't grow her channel with such a niche fetish
that has to be your thing to stomach it for more than an hour a month.

Yeah I guess Coco has always been up on the best super chat earner list she did get that expensive bed from her one fan after all.

Rushia is an interesting case, you'd think she is only known for I'M NOT FLAT! Screams but she makes a ton of money. It is kinda too bad most of them live in one of the most expensive cities in the world. I heard vtubers make the most from merch sales. It is still fun to see Super Chats being tracked.

Gura is just happy to be here. I don't think western fans really fall in love with idols anyway.

She still only has very few streams, only like 7 streams per month. I guess 8 since she also has a monthly membership only stream. That's comparatively low to other Hololive members.

I am curious to why she streams so little compared to other members, maybe Kiara will ask some good questions
maybe she has money and does this for fun

Kiara had Mel wear her latest outfit because Kiara feels she and Youtube have a shaky relationship boing boing Mel would have gotten her banned

Mel speaks a bit more English than most guest of HoloTalk

Oh Mel has a history of being banned often, no wonder she does not stream shadow banned too

Last edited:
Seeing Gura cringe at herself is hilarious.
She was way too hard on herself that girl was nervous as hell and she created a classic debut stream.

I love how this stream also ended with skuff

interesting to learn her Debut Stream was copyright claimed for Ride on Time she brought that song back from the dead

Last edited:
Kiara's super chat streams are easier to watch than Ame's that is because I still don't know which website Ame uses for her Music listen along

A lot of random info from Kiara in these streams

Live2D Cubism seems to be the Software that is used to make the Avatars and then you use this or a similar Software (Facerig also has a Live2D feature) to animate them.
I still want to creat some vtuber designs in the future and might even go all the way to doing it myself but I really don't like the trash looking designs lazy folks go with.

Gura is much better at Japanese than I expected. She knows nothing about grammar, but she can read Katakana faster than me lol.

Skipping half the topics and not reading any of the grammar hints under the "Tips" section unfortunately does not make you learn much on the Duolingo Japanese Course. (I wish the course had short stories like the English one.)

The Secret
The lagging Kiara looks a lot like a chicken; with the sudden head movements.

Kiara makes a bigger deal of keeping her "secret" than anyone else at Hololive I think. You would usually tell your family and the friends you can 100% trust. Doesn't it just mean Kiara doesn't trust anyone?

Also it's not like you can't find out Kiara's identity via Google if you really want to know.

Feels like Kiara needs to have luck that someone close to her & trustworthy finds out and then goes to her and be like "Well I know. I just want you to know that I know. I won't tell anyone, but feel free to message me if you need someone to talk to."

Last edited:
Ironmouse is one of the better ones in Vshoujo, for sure.

Also I know I'm late on this, but Gibara is graduating from Nijisanji.

Not really looking forward to one of my favorites to move on from vtuber life... I guess anyone below 600k could find something else they are happier doing.

The lagging Kiara looks a lot like a chicken; with the sudden head movements.

Kiara makes a bigger deal of keeping her "secret" than anyone else at Hololive I think. You would usually tell your family and the friends you can 100% trust. Doesn't it just mean Kiara doesn't trust anyone?

Also it's not like you can't find out Kiara's identity via Google if you really want to know.

Feels like Kiara needs to have luck that someone close to her & trustworthy finds out and then goes to her and be like "Well I know. I just want you to know that I know. I won't tell anyone, but feel free to message me if you need someone to talk to."

Kiara is just on one of her many tangents, she make a big deal out of everything when she is reading super chats with KFP.
Her history in Japan is kinda sus, many issues, and rumors plagued her when she first started Hololive. Many boards had stories about her and who she was dating or banging. Also there are some weird cosplay wrestling videos on youtube of her dressed as Asuka from Neon Genesis Evangelion. Lot's of claims in the comments of that video that she later had a vlog rant that she was sexually molested during that event.

Kiara is pure drama, maybe she does have a hard time trusting, she speaks about being bullied in her past being made fun of, and mocked. So her success is an important victory for her, maybe her old friends are a bunch of losers she does not want to reconnect with and maybe that kind of money in Austria. Or she is just following the Hololive template of cutting as much of your old like off as you can. Only Kiara knows how much danger she could be in at any point. I do not take it lightly that any of these girls could become targets of blackmail or worse. Keeping to yourself is smart even if youtube and a bunch of Secret Knowledge cult-heads have found images, photos, and videos, and real names of everyone in Hololive.

She has a mom she had to tell, she has a roommate who found out. It might not be a big deal she has just been having a rough time with Youtube and her PC and lag so she might just be frustrated as well.

---

Cali is cute

KFP request from Pekora got Kiara excited

interesting info, she can't go to the JP server alone? Must be an invite?

Pekora wants KCP (last tasks she gives near the end half of this clip)

I don't think subscriber count has anything to do with that.

You can only have 10 viewers and still love doing it. You can have millions of subscribers and still feel it's "work" and not "fun".
Yeah I was thinking about the money making the work worth the time but you are right you might still hate streaming and talking to strangeers all day

Top Bottom