• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Walton Goggins is starring with Danny McBride in HBO's Vice Principals [Trailer#4 up]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Every time I see an ad for this before Game of Thrones I get more pumped on it. It looks great.

Sounds like an ideal role, I don't think he is well suited to serious acting. But I've never watched The Shield so no idea how he was in that.

Goggin's is a top notch dramatic actor. He is just as vital to what makes The Shield great as Chiklis is and while Justified certainly has a ton of witty banter and black humor, he puts on a clinic as a violent, dangerous immoral villain while still being likeable,charming and charismatic.

Still think it's a tragedy that neither Goggin's or Olyphant got any awards love for Justified.

As much as I love Goggin's in drama, very excited to see him employ his comic acting chops in an actual comedy.

I am so excited for this show. Goggins is the best actor on TV right now and McBride is always funny. New trailer was great too.

Key art lookin' good:

ZA8yfEI.jpg

- Rolling Stone's Summer Cable preview:
Vice Principals is the excellent long-awaited return for Eastbound creators McBride and Jody Hill, except this time their turf is the South Carolina high school where Gamby's the vice principal gunning for the top job. McBride makes it the summer's best new comedy — he's a bundle of sweaty mid-life despair, a petty tyrant with a tragic little mustache and pompadour, seething in his sad blue school-spirit sweater vest.
More via the link.

A couple of notes as we get closer to the July 17th premiere...

HBO is running sneak peeks of the first two episodes in a couple of places. For example, the Alamo Drafthouse is showing them on the big screen in San Francisco next Tuesday.

Also, McBride confirmed that Vice Principals will run 2 seasons and 18 episodes total.
Fans of “Eastbound & Down” will be happy to know that “Vice Principals,” the new HBO comedy starring Danny McBride, promises the same type of debauchery. “Vice Principals,” however, is settling into the television trend of “short and sweet,” in other words — few seasons.

“The whole series is only 18 episodes and that’s it. We just wanted to make a really long movie. It’s one school year and a complete story,” McBride said at the show’s premiere. “This was an old screenplay that Jody [Hill] and I wrote back in 2006. But we needed it to be longer so we added and reworked it and broke it up into 18 segments.”

“HBO trusted us to make those episodes without anyone watching them, so they really, really trust us,” McBride said.

When asked if they would be interested in making more episodes if the first two seasons go well, executive producer and director Hill had a very simple answer.

“No,” he said. “We already shot the 18 episodes and that’s it.”

Risible

A couple of notes as we get closer to the July 17th premiere...

HBO is running sneak peeks of the first two episodes in a couple of places. For example, the Alamo Drafthouse is showing them on the big screen in San Francisco next Tuesday.

Also, McBride confirmed that Vice Principals will run 2 seasons and 18 episodes total.

The Alamo near me in N.Y.is running the first two episodes, and members of their movie club get in free with the purchase of a $5 food voucher. Gonna be fun! :)

KodaRuss

I need a good comedy in my life right now. Cant wait for this to kick off. Looks like it is going to be hilarious. Danny McBride and Walton Goggins are great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom