• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Warcraft' Movie Post-Production |OT| 20 months of...hype? Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus

Off-screen versions of the trailer are around online. MMO Champion has it front and centre right now. Hardly anything new in it, I think, but people there lost their minds anyway.

It's definitely more epic and wonderful than the dubstep fail.

Syf

Banned
Mm there was definitely some shots I hadn't seen before (Ironforge!!), and yeah it's a much better trailer than any we've had so far. First one that actually makes me excited for it. Hope they release this one or something like it to the public, it's far more effective.

Link btw - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UelELqhjeKI

Aaand it's taken down

Zackat

Mm there was definitely some shots I hadn't seen before (Ironforge!!), and yeah it's a much better trailer than any we've had so far. First one that actually makes me excited for it. Hope they release this one or something like it to the public, it's far more effective.

Link btw - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UelELqhjeKI

Aaand it's taken down
Did you download it?!

Im salty. I wanna see that damn thing. Why do they do this :(

Houndi101

It's gonna show up again if people already uploaded it once.
Anyway I was thinking that maybe the trailer wasn't any better but it was just a crowd reaction and/or being positive due to a good panel that just happened...

Effect

All these trailers keep showing the same scenes over and over again. The pop that Ironforge scene got is what should be happening with this film and its trailers but it's not. More of that is needed. I keep hoping a LOT of the CGI simply isn't finished and that is why we're not seeing much. I keep hoping what we've scene isn't the bulk of the elements in the film.

m4st4

There's this recording, noidea if the last was better, starts at 1min24sec.

https://youtu.be/jnl9yd6jFjE?t=84

Get it while its hot

Why is Universal refusing to sell this properly is beyond me. They can't cut a proper trailer because they still don't know how, or whom, to sell it. Well, since it looks like Warcraft, why not start with fans first? There's a solid base already.

God I'm so pissed with this whole situation since it smells like John Carter already.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
"The babies! I Love Teh Babies!"

Who wouldn't love this clump of 2 pixels?

JCGy9PU.jpg

Effect

I know people complain about darker filters on films but I'm wondering if this film actually needs one with how much CGI there is going to be.

FeD.nL

Whaaat absence of
Mannoroth
Not sure how I feel about this...
It's gonna be fiiine... right

Spoilers regarding a character who will not show up:

Yeah I wonder if they cut the character completely or imply that there is something more to it. Because I understand for making a film it would work better if you just solely present Gul'dan as the big evil this film. But Mannoroth is essential if they ever get to make a Warcraft 3 and show Grom's redemption.

Houndi101

Yeah I wonder if they cut the character completely or imply that there is something more to it. Because I understand for making a film it would work better if you just solely present Gul'dan as the big evil this film. But Mannoroth is essential if they ever get to make a Warcraft 3 and show Grom's redemption.

same continues
They're probably gonna go with Gul'dan being that I got these mad roids from a guy who was in eastern europe in the 80s and it's gonna make you so swole bruh, and then god forbid they get to make a sequel include Mannoroth himself somehow

neorej

ERMYGERD!

My Warcraft lore is rusty, so bare with me:
IIRC Gul'Dan convinced the Orcs to drink the blood of Mannoroth in promise of greater power, which in turn bound the Orcs who drank it to Mannoroth's will. Grom (and Thrall if memory serves) would later learn of this trickery and kill Mannoroth, right? Sounds like a good story-arc they can cover in a sequel, so they can keep the focus of this movie on Orcs vs Humans. They could tease Mannoroth's existence like how they teased Thanos throughout Avengers, maybe with Gul'Dan seeking advice or consult from his master.

Houndi101

My Warcraft lore is rusty, so bare with me:
IIRC Gul'Dan convinced the Orcs to drink the blood of Mannoroth in promise of greater power, which in turn bound the Orcs who drank it to Mannoroth's will. Grom (and Thrall if memory serves) would later learn of this trickery and kill Mannoroth, right? Sounds like a good story-arc they can cover in a sequel, so they can keep the focus of this movie on Orcs vs Humans. They could tease Mannoroth's existence like how they teased Thanos throughout Avengers, maybe with Gul'Dan seeking advice or consult from his master.

People will think Mannoroth is Thanos who they thought was purple Hellboy
When does this end!

Finaj

It truly shows how incompetent the marketing is.

Also, that scene in the trailer where
Lothar and his son are separated by a lightning wall and Lothar, while being electrocuted, puts his hand on his son's shoulder as it's probably the last time they'll see each other. Good emotion without dialogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom