• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Warcraft' Movie Post-Production |OT| 20 months of...hype? Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nokterian

Saw a trailer in IMAX3D yesterday, it's stupifyingly beautiful.

Said this a page earlier non 3d though.

Saw the trailer now on the big screen before civil war started today i don't know if it is a new one but they used good more classical music it looked freaking great got goosebumps when watching it.

tumblr_n8tqcqPhPB1thowlgo1_250.gif

neorej

ERMYGERD!
how was the audience response to the trailer?
Pretty positive, as far as audience reactions go. We usually sit in silence and suffer through them waiting for the movie. The only times I actually heard a response to trailers in cinema was with Star Wars TFA (applause afterwards) and Batman v Superman (laughing at doomsday).

Loxley

Making-of/art book for Warcraft is up for pre-order on Amazon (releases June 7th):

"The Art and Making of Warcraft: Behind the Dark Portal "offers a unique behind-the-scenes look at the creation of this eagerly awaited epic. Filled with stunning concept art and unit photography, this book also features insightful interviews with the incredible cast and crew.

vhT03Na.jpg

Houndi101

Weapons (or perhaps transmog skins?) based on the ones in the film are coming to WoW. How or when? No idea.

King Llane's sword + Stormwind shield:

6oemJLx.jpg

Gul'dan's staff and Durotan's axe:

5bpr6iG.jpg

Warcraft Movie Rewards
Mamytwink noticed that Kinepolis has rewards for seeing the Warcraft movie listed on their site.

Keep in mind that this doesn't mean every country and cinema will have these rewards and that no official announcement has been made.

World of Warcraft and all of the expansions until Warlords of Draenor and a free month of gameplay
The four film inspired transmog items
The code for these rewards will be emailed by May 27 and must be used by August 1.

Zackat

Warcraft Movie Rewards
Mamytwink noticed that Kinepolis has rewards for seeing the Warcraft movie listed on their site.

Keep in mind that this doesn't mean every country and cinema will have these rewards and that no official announcement has been made.

World of Warcraft and all of the expansions until Warlords of Draenor and a free month of gameplay
The four film inspired transmog items
The code for these rewards will be emailed by May 27 and must be used by August 1.

If they made a Hearthstone incentive for seeing the movie... hehe. I like the look of the sword and shield but I play a mage in WoW now. =/

Finaj

Yup but that synergy couldn't hurt

That's true.

I honestly expected more promotion/bonuses from Blizzard, but they probably don't have the time with Legion being developed.

They've already seen the film and were maybe like "Yeah, this is good. You don't need our help."

Houndi101

That's true.

I honestly expected more promotion/bonuses from Blizzard, but they probably don't have the time with Legion being developed.

They've already seen the film and were maybe like "Yeah, this is good. You don't need our help."
I'd worry more about the trailers :(
Excluding PAX one ofc.

Effect

Just saw the Warrior promo. CGI looks significantly better now. Goes a long way to addressing my fears about this. That was the biggest worry for me with all these trailers. The visuals just looked off and while I knew they were still being worked on it didn't help. The finished version looks a LOT better.

Houndi101

Just saw the Warrior promo. CGI looks significantly better now. Goes a long way to addressing my fears about this. That was the biggest worry for me with all these trailers. The visuals just looked off and while I knew they were still being worked on it didn't help. The finished looked looks a LOT better.
There's a new one? Durotan one was rebel right?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Pretty sure Warcaft is actually 20 minutes long and that's why everything they put out has the same exact footage over and over.

[edit]

do we know the running time yet? Judging from these clips I would say umm 45 minutes?!

You stole my joke, I will never forgive this injustice.

zqjsADJ.png

FoxSpirit

Way better, but I still don't think the art style and rendering techniques of the CG look like they should be in a movie with live action human actors.

Like, the CG is top notch, but seems too stylized.
Yeah, totally agree. Also, they went a bit over the top with colored light in some shots.

Bronion

Probably not. Rob Kazinsky said that while Mannoroth is in the movie universe, he won't be making an appearance in the film.

Is Mannoroth's blood still the catalyst for the Orcs' corruption? Would be weird if it still was and they never actually showed Mannoroth.

Jinaar

Really the only issue I have is that the humans look too cartoony/pretty. They really could have used some hardening/grit.

cdyhybrid

Really the only issue I have is that the humans look too cartoony/pretty. They really could have used some hardening/grit.
That's what Warcraft is, though. It's supposed to be bright colors, unrealistic proportions, not take itself too seriously.

Probably not. Rob Kazinsky said that while Mannoroth is in the movie universe, he won't be making an appearance in the film.

So when we hear about a coming threat that the two races must unite against, that really boils down to
corrupted orcs and asshole humans
for now?

cdyhybrid

thats very dissapointing. I was very hyped to get a look at Mannoroth and the burning legion.
That's probably a bit too much to get into in the first movie. Get people used to Orcs vs. Humans, then you can introduce other races and some of the Legion stuff.

I wouldn't expect anything more than a teaser/easter egg reference to the Legion in this one.

That's probably a bit too much to get into in the first movie. Get people used to Orcs vs. Humans, then you can introduce other races and some of the Legion stuff.

I wouldn't expect anything more than a teaser/easter egg reference to the Legion in this one.

My memory may be a bit shady (It's been awhile), but isn't Mannorath directly linked to the orcs becoming corrupted? I feel like at least showing him communicating with Guldan would be somewhat important.

Houndi101

My memory may be a bit shady (It's been awhile), but isn't Mannorath directly linked to the orcs becoming corrupted? I feel like at least showing him communicating with Guldan would be somewhat important.
It's probably gonna have something like that, or Gul'dan says he has received gifts from a benefactor etc

cdyhybrid

Yeah, they drink his blood and turn green. I doubt they focus on it at all though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom