• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warcraft |OT| You Are Not Prepared

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loxley

>>> Spoiler thread can be found here <<<

d5BBAmj.jpg

Synposis:

Looking to escape from his dying world, the orc shaman Gul'dan utilizes dark magic to open a portal to the human realm of Azeroth. Supported by the fierce fighter Blackhand, Gul'dan organizes the orc clans into a conquering army called the Horde. Uniting to protect Azeroth from these hulking invaders are King Llane, the mighty warrior Anduin Lothar (Travis Fimmel) and the powerful wizard Medivh. As the two races collide, leaders from each side start to question if war is the only answer.

The film is directed by Duncan Jones (Moon, Source Code) and stars Travis Fimmel, Paula Patton, Ben Foster, Dominic Cooper, Toby Kebbell, Ben Schnetzer, Robert Kazinsky, and Daniel Wu. It portrays the initial encounters between the humans and the orcs and takes place in a variety of locations established in the video game series.

The film was first announced in 2006 as a project partnership between Legendary Pictures and the game's developer, Blizzard Entertainment. The film is set to be released by Universal Pictures on June 10, 2016.

8A991tK.jpg

• Travis Fimmel as Sir Anduin Lothar, the lead protagonist for the Alliance. Steadfast and charismatic, Lothar is a knight who has sacrificed everything to keep the Kingdom safe.
  • Paula Patton as Garona Halforcen, a strong-willed orc-draenei survivor caught between the Alliance and the Horde. Believing she is half-human and half-orc, she must decide where her true loyalty lies.
  • Ben Foster as Medivh, the current Guardian of Tirisfal, a mysterious and reclusive protector who wields formidable magical power.
  • Dominic Cooper as King Llane Wrynn, ruler of the Stormwind Kingdom and a beacon of hope for his people in times of darkness.
  • Toby Kebbell as Durotan, the lead protagonist for the Horde. Durotan is the noble orc chieftain of the exiled Frostwolf Clan, battling to save his people and his family from the vengeful Shadow Council and the destruction of their world.
  • Ben Schnetzer as Khadgar, a gifted young mage embarking on a daring search for the truth during his apprenticeship with Medivh.
  • Robert Kazinsky as Orgrim Doomhammer, an orc who is Blackhand&#8217;s right-hand man. Extraordinarily cunning and tactically brilliant, Orgrim is a brave warrior destined to wield the Doomhammer, a weapon of Blackrock legend.
  • Daniel Wu as Gul'dan, a sinister orc warlock and leader of the Shadow Council. Wielding powerful fel magic and driven by his ravenous desire for power, he orchestrates the actions of the Horde from behind the scenes.
  • Ruth Negga as Lady Taria Wrynn, Queen-consort of Stormwind, King Llane&#8217;s great love and most trusted counsel.
  • Anna Galvin as Draka, Durotan's wife and the mother of his child, Go'el.
  • Clancy Brown as Blackhand, a fearsome orc chieftain who rises to become the first Warchief of the Horde.
  • Terry Notary as Grommash Hellscream, the orc chieftain of the Warsong Clan.
  • Dylan Schombing as Prince Varian Wrynn, son of Llane and heir to the throne of Stormwind, who looks to his father for answers.
  • Michael Adamthwaite as King Magni Bronzebeard, the dwarf ruler of the Ironforge.
gLpqmoU.jpg

Featurettes:

x4Dl6ax.jpg

sgjackson

i'm watching this because of that shot of westfall and the thirty minute convo i had with my best old wow friend about it

Phinor

The (English) reviews so far don't paint a pretty picture but there's many positive non-English reviews around. Is this one of those movies that gets very different reaction from region to region? Small sample size so far but we'll see. And obviously a lot of non-critics seem really happy with the movie. A lot more than your typical 5/10 movie. It's easy to make fun of the movie because of few select quotes from early reviews but for me this one is strictly in the have-to-see-for-myself category now.

John Carter was great couple of years ago and remains underappreciated so anything is possible.

x0q9Daf.jpg

Omigod this head is obviously photoshoped on to the cgi armor.

The shadow on the armor is so wrong.

I may have to go watch it for the bad cgi alone.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
x0q9Daf.jpg

Omigod this head is obviously photoshoped on to the cgi armor.

The shadow on the armor is so wrong.

I may have to go watch it for the bad cgi alone.

if you want to see bad CGI, maybe you should look at RDJ in the Iron Man suit in Civil War with the helmet down. THAT was bad. never mind what you showed wasn't even CGI.

RPGCrazied

I'm sure its a cost issue, but I hope this does well for another movie, but this time do all CG.

They are the masters at that. Lets see a whole movie in CG.

Funny what the mind does to you, but fuck the reviews.

Watching this day 1, gotta support the Bowie family and Warcraft lore was always cheese enough for me.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Like, even if that was CGI, it would be some of the best CGI ever and most definitely not "Omigod" bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom