• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
If you use ironclad on a few enemies first, you rarely have to recast iron skin.
my favorite trick is to stand in front of the big lasers in the void defense map during Iron Skin's invincibility frames to gain hundreds of thousands of health points

Unless there are nullifiers. They ruin everyone's day.
nullifiers are the worst

goblin

Arca Plasmor blueprint:
5 Fieldron
25 Control Modules
925 Cryotic
1 Forma
25,000 credits
24 hours

Arca Scisco blueprint:
5 Fieldron
250 Oxium
12,500 Salvage
1 Forma
25,000 credits
24 hours

Surprisingly reasonable.

Arca Plasmor blueprint:
5 Fieldron
25 Control Modules
925 Cryotic
1 Forma
25,000 credits
24 hours

Arca Scisco blueprint:
5 Fieldron
250 Oxium
12,500 Salvage
1 Forma
25,000 credits
24 hours

Surprisingly reasonable.

Just realized i have the fieldron necessary so they are both building now. :D

They were way, way worse. They're almost balanced now.

DE adding that drone does help a lot

Manzoon

Banned
Make sure you get the weapon specific mod for the Hek, it adds 200% multishot and the special syndicate explosion that heals you!

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Hek it is, really loved Drakgoon, so damn versatile

What's your MR? If you really liked shotguns the regular tigris is a ton of fun. For earlier star chart missions just slap on some punch through and blow entire crowds of enemies away with one blast.

If you want something a bit weird try the amprex out. I looooove the amprex.

Shengar

Build the Ohma, Saryn prime is basically MR fodder the Ohma is great and saryn is probably one of the most useless frames in the game.
You couldn't call Saryn most useless frame when Hydroid exist. With Naramon focus, her meelee built can be very devastating and it also gives her all the survivability she needs. Just like every frame ever really, none of them is really useless (except maybe Hydroid, I think) since there's 4 faction in the game that have different strengths and weakness. Saryn herself can be very devasting against infested as much as old Mag did to Corpus.

Manzoon

Banned
Hydroid just had his rework, what about him is useless? Seems pretty strong from my observations, I have a buddy who's put twice as much time into the game as I have and he takes it to high level farming with pilfering swarm.

Hydroid just had his rework, what about him is useless? Seems pretty strong from my observations, I have a buddy who's put twice as much time into the game as I have and he takes it to high level farming with pilfering swarm.

He is just a farming frame. His abilities don't scale or anything, and his CC is outclassed probably by other frames.

His rework is okay. The thing about him is that some people found an exploit or something with his pool ability where he does insane damage to high level enemies (145+). They are probably fixing it if they didn't already.

Hydroid is like a T2 CC/farming/AOE damage frame. He is okay but nothing amazing. This will always be the case with most frames. It is just that he was boring to play just like desecrate bot nekros before the rework.

Hek, Kohm or Tigris.

Hek. Probably the best standard shotgun.

Manzoon

Banned
Okay, I can see that. His kit is fun so that s all that matters for me now really. The only time I do any high level stuff is in sorties these days, with the relic rework I just don't care about going out to an hour in high level survivals anymore.

I'm still using my starter frame (Volt, rank 25) and gear from the start. When should I start getting a new frame and weapons? I'm more about FashionFrame, so I need a frame that looks cool and kicks ass. Preferably with a big ass sword.

DE adding that drone does help a lot

More important than that was the ceiling adjustment for the bubble size. It means that tight hallways generally aren't just entirely taken up by a bubble piecing through a wall that you can't do anything about.

He's ok, he's not useless and they made some really good changes. Key to that was allowing allies to shoot into the pool to damage all the enemies. You mix that with a Lenz and it's stupid how he can lock down a part. Plus he can now cast everything even he's in a pool and almost all of his abilities are able to be used on the move.

He is just a farming frame. His abilities don't scale or anything, and his CC is outclassed probably by other frames.

He's actually great at CC. Barrage shuts down a whole area very handily and collecting everyone into a puddle (plus allowing the ability to grab enemies from outside the puddle) make him do much better. Getting to play with him again for Prime was fantastic. My old favorite is good, finally.

The thing about him is that some people found an exploit or something with his pool ability where he does insane damage to high level enemies (145+). They are probably fixing it if they didn't already.

Uh, you mean the part where it does a % of total health damage like it's supposed to, and that's why it does insane damage numbers for 145+ because they have insane amounts of health?

VandalD

Hydroid is pretty good now. I just don't care for his puddle style or the charging of abilities. It feels awkward to control. I have the most fun with him just spamming Barrage.

I'm still using my starter frame (Volt, rank 25) and gear from the start. When should I start getting a new frame and weapons? I'm more about FashionFrame, so I need a frame that looks cool and kicks ass. Preferably with a big ass sword.
Rhino is the first frame you can build, and his parts drop from the Venus assassination mission. You'll need to buy his blueprint off the market for credits. Every assassination mission except on Mercury drops a specific frame's parts, so that's about how often you can craft those.

As for weapons, just start crafting stuff as soon as you can. The sooner the better, since there's a waiting period while things craft. You can also buy a number of starter weapons for credits off of the market. Generally, it's time to move on to new stuff once you hit rank 30.

It's hard as a new player with limited resources, and limited slots to hold weapons and frames, but I'd say try to always be crafting stuff. That way you have something new to play with when you come back.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
You couldn't call Saryn most useless frame when Hydroid exist. With Naramon focus, her meelee built can be very devastating and it also gives her all the survivability she needs. Just like every frame ever really, none of them is really useless (except maybe Hydroid, I think) since there's 4 faction in the game that have different strengths and weakness. Saryn herself can be very devasting against infested as much as old Mag did to Corpus.

New hydroid will kill every enemy with his puddle in 20 seconds, it's boring as hell but he "scales" infinitely, which makes him at least usable in really high level stuff. Saryn on the other hand unless the enemies are infested stops feeling useful once enemies hit level 70. I think Saryn is a frame that could really use another look at. Her abilities are probably some of the most complex to understand because they have insanely unique interactions but the pay off for understanding them basically amounts to being really really really good at hydron clearing lol. But a good quake Banshee can pretty much do the same thing while also CCing the entire room.

I still use my saryn a lot but she's only really taken out for low level defense / survivals and for leveling naramon lol.

Really the main reason i have so much beef with Saryn is because it takes a lot to put her in a place where she feels competitive with other frames that do similar stuff.

Manzoon

Banned
I've seen those tentacles launch level it-doesn't-matter enemies into the air. The game is not super hard if you are properly modded up until you are in the getting one-shot territory, at which point very few things will save you aside from team work.

Considering it seems like 90% of this game is farming, if your frame is good at farming then that seems like a good thing. Hydroid+Nekros is a good combo, multiple Nekroses seem redundant considering how big of an area one can cover, but having a couple of Hydroids covering different zones with tentacles would be nice.

I just started using Valkyr for the first time in a long while since I just got her prime, and it looks like it would be extremely difficult to stay in hysteria for as long as she was able to before because of that accelerating energy burn. DE seems to be re-working all the frames to be not invincible forever, that Blessing nerf on Trinity was hard hitting back in the day. Same thing for the Mag nerf and the original Mesa nerf. I'm 100% certain that they're looking at usage statistics and adjusting things to mix up the game play meta, which I really like from them.

Kind of rambling at this point, anything can get buffed or nerfed at a moments notice so having a large stable of frames and weapons just seems the best bet. I'm half expecting rivens to hit the shitter any moment considering how they dominate everything about the high level aspect of the game. Still waiting on that Focus rework though, haha.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I'm getting really fed up with the lack of potatoes.

It's actually dampening my want to play.

Sell prime parts for plat, you can make 20 plat easy if you're not really doing anything, just list your stuff on warframe.market and sit AFK in your dojo while you watch TV until you get a message ping. To me trading is the true end game :p

1 Vaugban, 1 Nekros, and a Nova Prime carried me for a bit...this is all I saw on screen
PuAGUSV.jpg

Things are going pretty good now that I’m in the flow of things.

Just hit MR 3.

I’m 29 with Mag right now, so I started crafting Rhino.

Finished my Kubrow and Archwing.

Got my beginning melee to 30.

I’m still leveling up my MK1 Braton and whatever the starting pistol is. They suck. I have the Boltor and it’s great, but I’m forcing myself to get my Braton to 30 first.

This game is so enjoyable once you get pass the rough beginning and learn the game.

derFeef

Any Syndicate tips?
Also just crafted Fragor - not sure it will replace my favourite BO but it's different enough to be fun. Still looking for some slimey/infested melee weapon to fit my Nidus :D

edit: How dos Research work exactly? Seems like it's used for some wepaons I want to get - can I just go to the Dojo and reasearch? I don't wanna do anything wrong and spent Clan money or something...

Man, any tips on how to get continuity would be greatly appreciated.

I've been farming Ruk for a while now and nothing...

ruk is quite annoying for something like that :/

the other places apparently are the orokin treasure room in the void or rotation c (20 waves minimum) of a tier 1 aka low level defense.

If you get annoyed i can hook you up with one

ruk is quite annoying for something like that :/

the other places apparently are the orokin treasure room in the void or rotation c (20 waves minimum) of a tier 1 aka low level defense.

If you get annoyed i can hook you up with one

I'm gonna keep trying for a while cuz I hate giving up. But I might take you up on that! :)

Nopren

Any Syndicate tips?
Also just crafted Fragor - not sure it will replace my favourite BO but it's different enough to be fun. Still looking for some slimey/infested melee weapon to fit my Nidus :D

edit: How dos Research work exactly? Seems like it's used for some wepaons I want to get - can I just go to the Dojo and reasearch? I don't wanna do anything wrong and spent Clan money or something...

You can just go to the dojo and copy any blueprints you want. And when you do,make sure to copy the Mios research. One of my absolute favourite meleee weapons, and it is visually the coolest looking infested weapon in the game

derFeef

You can just go to the dojo and copy any blueprints you want. And when you do,make sure to copy the Mios research. One of my absolute favourite meleee weapons, and it is visually the coolest looking infested weapon in the game

Ah cool, thanks! Still have to visit the Dojo ;)
Also Still at Mastery Rank 4 :D But Looking forward to that infected Scythe weapons as well. Love Scythes in games!

If you can farm Ruk, you can do T1 void missions. Pick a capture or exterminate mission, check the whole map for secret containers (or watch a video), learn the parkour rooms and you'll get plenty of good mods. Much more entertaining, at least for me. Note that you need to get to T3 missions for some mods like Split Chamber or Rage.

VandalD

If you're on while I'm on, I'll take you to Ukko in the void a few times if you want. It's the place to go to find mods like continuity.
You can try to do Maroo's mission every time it's up. Her mission takes you to the Orokin treasure rooms where mods usually drop.
That's if it takes you to the void, of course. The derelict doesn't have any special mod containers that I'm aware of.

So after being away from the game for... a year and a half? Two years? I got back in pretty hard over the last two weeks. I really, really like the variety of the newer grames. Octavia and Nidus are both going to be in my heavy rotations (and feel pretty endgame viable), and Titania and Inaros are both pretty interesting as well. Also, the Lenz may be my new favorite weapon of all time. So much absolute chaos, and so many amazing ways to accidentally blow yourself up.

The whole Relic system is completely new to me, but I do appreciate the small amount of structure it brings to the prime grind.

Have there been any non-Riven Corrosive Projection - esque mods that have come out recently, in terms of "if you're into the late / end game, you really, really need this mod as it basically changes the game"?

Things are going pretty good now that I’m in the flow of things.

Just hit MR 3.

I’m 29 with Mag right now, so I started crafting Rhino.

Finished my Kubrow and Archwing.

Got my beginning melee to 30.

I’m still leveling up my MK1 Braton and whatever the starting pistol is. They suck. I have the Boltor and it’s great, but I’m forcing myself to get my Braton to 30 first.

This game is so enjoyable once you get pass the rough beginning and learn the game.

I'm about to hit MR 3 myself. I got my starting melee and secondary to rank 30, next I have to work on getting the bow to 30. Currently crafting the Boltor at the Foundry, which should be completed later today. I got the Taxon companion crafted so I got that ready for my adventures. I also unlocked Mars and have more things to do in Mercury, so hopefully I can craft a new frame soon too.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Have there been any non-Riven Corrosive Projection - esque mods that have come out recently, in terms of "if you're into the late / end game, you really, really need this mod as it basically changes the game"?

Kind of
I'm not sure if you were around for the stalker's acolyte event but it added some mods that make melee weapons extremely powerful.
Blood Rush
Weeping Wounds
Body Count
Maiming strike
The event also added a few primary and secondary mods.
Bladed rounds
Argon Scope
Hydraulic Crosshairs

Maiming strike is a 650plat mod though so I wouldn't really go out looking for it, but blood rush is basically required for all melee weapons. Also there is condition overload which was added last year that has since seen some crazy popularity because of how strong it is. Other than that I don't think there has been much added to the game mod wise with huge ramifications.

Manzoon

Banned
Oh shit I forgot about getting blueprints from the dojo.

A whole bunch of the blueprints from dojos require a forma, which I'd suggest stockpiling a bit. Try to always have one cooking.

The nikana is good which can then be made into the fantastic dragon nikana. Akstilettos are also great and you have the option of making them into the Aksomati (really great crit damage) or the Sarpa which is a gun blade.

Edit:
I got the Taxon companion crafted so I got that ready for my adventures. I also unlocked Mars and have more things to do in Mercury, so hopefully I can craft a new frame soon too.

Be on the lookout for Animal Instinct from alerts, that is a companion mod for sentinels or kubrows/kavats that gives loot and enemy radar. Helps a lot so you don't have to waste important mod slots on your frame for similar mods. Although it makes your companion dying a lot more painful...

Maiming strike is a 650plat mod though so I wouldn't really go out looking for it, but blood rush is basically required for all melee weapons. Also there is condition overload which was added last year that has since seen some crazy popularity because of how strong it is. Other than that I don't think there has been much added to the game mod wise with huge ramifications.

i did not expect that mod to eventually have such prices when it first appeared LOL.

Hydraulic Crosshairs is now Dark Horse tier for me as it makes the Lex Prime even more fun :D tbh

Thanks to whoever mentioned it to me in here (either was Vandal or Noisy)

Well Blood Rush is the mod to use on any Crit focused melee weapon at least, and Condition Overload on any high status chance weapon. Be sure to read up how CO works, it's not the worst farm in the world.

As a side note Maiming Strike isn't really a "required" mod but it is overpowered, allowing nearly anything to crit on a slide attack. For some weapons this gets stupid, but for most a slide attack isn't much stronger than regularly attacking and building the combo meter (for Blood Rush!).

I'm about to hit MR 3 myself. I got my starting melee and secondary to rank 30, next I have to work on getting the bow to 30. Currently crafting the Boltor at the Foundry, which should be completed later today. I got the Taxon companion crafted so I got that ready for my adventures. I also unlocked Mars and have more things to do in Mercury, so hopefully I can craft a new frame soon too.

Yeah, I'm on Mars right now. I pretty much just do all the missions and move on. I'm just trying to unlock all the planets and grind as much MR as possible. The next thing I'll work on will probably be the Hek since that is MR 4. Everyone says it's a fantastic weapon.

Manzoon

Banned
i did not expect that mod to eventually have such prices when it first appeared LOL.

Hydraulic Crosshairs is now Dark Horse tier for me as it makes the Lex Prime even more fun :D tbh

Thanks to whoever mentioned it to me in here (either was Vandal or Noisy)
I'm still playing catch up with those mods, I got a ton of duplicates from a friend, but not Argon Scope. I'll have to double check on Hydraulic Crosshairs because that seems revolutionary after looking it up.

Yeah, I'm on Mars right now. I pretty much just do all the missions and move on. I'm just trying to unlock all the planets and grind as much MR as possible. The next thing I'll work on will probably be the Hek since that is MR 4. Everyone says it's a fantastic weapon.

Can you go to the Void yet? I have no idea how difficult it is to unlock that area now, it used to be gated by keys (what relics are now) and it's the only reliable source of Argon which you need for a ton of blueprints.

I'm still playing catch up with those mods, I got a ton of duplicates from a friend, but not Argon Scope. I'll have to double check on Hydraulic Crosshairs because that seems revolutionary after looking it up.

Its the most common of those mods so i'm sure your friend has a bunch but if not you can try to acquire one in Lua spy and with its common nature it might drop relatively easily.

The cool thing is that as long as you are continuously getting headshots the counter resets so you can theoretically have it active for the entire mission. Also its fun if you don't mind trying to get headshots.

my own Journey for Argon scope continues so hopefully DE will unleash the acolytes again.

I have absolute trash mods for my secondary weapon (currently using rank 30 Despair).

A whole bunch of the blueprints from dojos require a forma, which I'd suggest stockpiling a bit. Try to always have one cooking.

The nikana is good which can then be made into the fantastic dragon nikana. Akstilettos are also great and you have the option of making them into the Aksomati (really great crit damage) or the Sarpa which is a gun blade.

Edit:

Be on the lookout for Animal Instinct from alerts, that is a companion mod for sentinels or kubrows/kavats that gives loot and enemy radar. Helps a lot so you don't have to waste important mod slots on your frame for similar mods. Although it makes your companion dying a lot more painful...

I have everything I need for the Nikana except argon which I don't even know where to get

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom