• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
My favorite frame is probably Volt or Valkyr, I have a huge thing for frames that speed up melee attacks lol.

Runner ups are Mirage and Ember.

Edit: My god literally the only thing baro brought that's a must have is tempo. I'm debating getting fanged fusillade but I have no idea what i'd use it on.

iosefe

i guess this bad Baro gives me time to farm prime parts

assuming power comes back in time in the wake of irma

*edit*
favorite frame right now might be Octavia. i bought her though. no regrets. but thats it, i'm gonna farm out frames now.

goblin

The Arca Plasmor's reload animation is very cool.

Vauban and [non-4] Banshee are my two favorite frames to play, and I try to use one or the other in most public games; I like being able to support if I land in a game with a bunch of new players and usually other people will bring in DPS carries. Also been using Assimilate Nyx with a shotgun recently for that Terminator feel. Harrow's a lot of fun, too, but I haven't gotten around to putting formas in him.

When soloing I generally just use whatever cheeses the mission best.

The Arca Plasmor's reload animation is very cool.

Vauban and [non-4] Banshee are my two favorite frames to play, and I try to use one or the other in most public games; I like being able to support if I land in a game with a bunch of new players and usually other people will bring in DPS carries. Also been using Assimilate Nyx with a shotgun recently for that Terminator feel. Harrow's a lot of fun, too, but I haven't gotten around to putting formas in him.

When soloing I generally just use whatever cheeses the mission best.

That looks like a fun weapon :).

Baro's fine this week.

Absolute must:
  • Tempo Royale. It completely changes how you use heavy blade melee and the enhanced mobility pays dividends for a slow class of weapons like that. Unless you really like farming Bursas, get it.

Buy if you can:
  • Prisma Angstrum (less than a second to charge, and reload too). Angstrum itself was a very fun secondary launcher weapon that melted PCs back when Mirage first came out. Although it won't tank your FPS into the negatives any more, it's still amusing.
  • Kavat Armor: Looks pretty good for free armor.
  • Hydroid Immortal: Fucking beautiful with Hydroid Prime as it turns out. Gives him a nice splash of color. But if you're not using Hydroid, or don't think he'll be someone you take out often, pass.

Pick up if you're swimming in ducats:
  • Prisma Veritux: Centaur is still the best Arch Melee. Absolute mastery fodder even though it does look sexy as hell.
  • Fanged Fusillade: Very useful for the Dread but it's hard to find other weapons that can even use this mod, especially with the advent of Rivens.
  • Vermilion Storm: It's maybe the best Claws stance, but if you're farming Kuva it will drop for you sooner than later. In the meantime, Malicious Raptor is an excellent stance.
  • Astral Twilight: Again, Kuva farming will drop you this. Also stances for thrown melees are somewhat of a crapshoot since most of the time you're just worried about tossing them rather than using them as actual melee weapons.
  • Everything else: Forgettable cosmetics (Ki'teer arrows are a maybe for their neat trail)

Manzoon

Banned
All of those stance mods used to sell for insane amounts of plat (Tempo Royale even more so), so glad I can pick Tempo up for just ducats. Suck it RNG!

I have zero interest in Fanged Fusillade, all of those physical damage mods are so specific and generally not great in higher level encounters. Already killed myself 3 times with Prisma Angstrum, pretty happy so far.

Naite

I prefer malicious raptor over vermilion storm since the animations in vermillion look really awkward even though its swing range is wider. But a tekko with gaia's tragedy, primed fury and berserker is my goto "claw" weapon.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm leveling Galatine Prime I decided to look up Tempo Royale prices and it was in the ballpark of 38p before Baro.

Just found out about this Ducats or Plat app today and it's been incredibly useful. No more tabbing 24/7 at the ducat kiosk!

you don't even need an app

Is it currently in Prime Access > If yes, plat. Otherwise Ducat it. The only exception for this is full Prime warframe sets.

The market had a weird shift ever since event-exclusive mods and rivens began to appear. Where full item sets used to dominate, the real money makers are now in the hard-to-obtain mods. This is because a lot of old prime weapons are outperformed by other weapons that have come out later down the line--the Scindo Prime used to be the top dog of heavy melee until Galatine Prime came and ate its lunch. Even the Tenora, a regular weapon, does close to or better than the Soma Prime. The Bronco Primes are still jokes in the secondary shotgun category compared to the Brakk or Mara Detron, even after the buff, not to mention the recently buffed Pyrana.

This is why Prime Warframe sets retain their value. You can't get a better Ember than Ember Prime.

iosefe

so by that logic. all my old weapon parts can be ducat'd, but keep all frame stuff?

have some boltor and burston stuff

Just installed the game for the first time on PC. Went with the Volt Warframe.

This game is glorious in 4K and KB/M gameplay. Don't know what I'm really getting myself into, but people really seem to like this game so I'm giving it a try.

ViviOggi

you don't even need an app

Is it currently in Prime Access > If yes, plat. Otherwise Ducat it. The only exception for this is full Prime warframe sets.

The market had a weird shift ever since event-exclusive mods and rivens began to appear. Where full item sets used to dominate, the real money makers are now in the hard-to-obtain mods. This is because a lot of old prime weapons are outperformed by other weapons that have come out later down the line--the Scindo Prime used to be the top dog of heavy melee until Galatine Prime came and ate its lunch. Even the Tenora, a regular weapon, does close to or better than the Soma Prime. The Bronco Primes are still jokes in the secondary shotgun category compared to the Brakk or Mara Detron, even after the buff, not to mention the recently buffed Pyrana.

This is why Prime Warframe sets retain their value. You can't get a better Ember than Ember Prime.
Dunno I'm pretty happy about the 25-50p sales I keep getting from good but common and mediocre but not terrible sets

Just installed the game for the first time on PC. Went with the Volt Warframe.

This game is glorious in 4K and KB/M gameplay. Don't know what I'm really getting myself into, but people really seem to like this game so I'm giving it a try.

Welcome Tenno

Jellie

Logged in today to see 15 items built in the foundry.
20170908103631_1.jpg

20170908103636_1.jpg

20170908103639_1.jpg

20170908103644_1.jpg

Should keep me busy for a while.

Manzoon

Banned
Y'all got any tips for a newbie Tenno?
Read the last couple of pages, I think there is some good newbie information posted. Spend platinum on slots for new frames and weapons, don't get rid of something till you level it up to 30 for mastery points.

Double check that what you're about to get rid of might be a component in a blue print for another weapon.

DasFool

Hey, everybody. Figured I would post here since after the third attempt at trying this game, I finally see what's so addicting/great about it. If someone could invite me to the GAF clan, I would appreciate it.

iosefe

Hey, everybody. Figured I would post here since after the third attempt at trying this game, I finally see what's so addicting/great about it. If someone could invite me to the GAF clan, I would appreciate it.

just drop your IGN and the leaders can add you

The proper way to speed up a sortie defense is to just bring Mesa and kill everything. Problem solved! Even works on limited weapon sorties. Going speed Nova for a sortie is a silly thing unless you're in an arranged group.

Indeed.

Even if its a pub game i could have seen a scenario of the person possibly forgetting to switch their build, until they used the move in multiple waves *facepalm*. Had to do my ult (Slow Nova) before they did theirs in later waves.

Lol jeez whyyyy, I get that 10 waves with snipers only can take forever but it also takes forever if you're getting overrun and no one can kill stuff because they have no breathing rooms. Also it looks like DE fixed the "your other weapons are still secretly equipped" bug in weapon specific sorties so you can't cheese them with exalted weapons.

Yea it can be a weird issue especially since a Slow Nova will make that time longer but given the weapon allowed i feel it was the lesser of 2 evils to be honest.

I guess next time i'll just pick a frame that bypasses these issues (e.g. a Limbo that banishes the operative or a Mesa as mentioned).

Will be continuing my polymer farming so i expect another group of just Nekros LOL

Read the last couple of pages, I think there is some good newbie information posted. Spend platinum on slots for new frames and weapons, don't get rid of something till you level it up to 30 for mastery points.

Double check that what you're about to get rid of might be a component in a blue print for another weapon.

Thanks. So should I still keep rocking my starter gear until I get them to level 30? Also, what do mastery points do?

Tabby

16 runs for all parts.
Second time I had to farm her since I got her parts day one on PS4. :( Not looking forward to Nidus, Ivara and Mesa farms.
Mesa's not so bad if you can find people to do key shares with.

Fuck Ivara and Nidus though. Good luck.

Does Nekros Prime get a polarity on his aura mod slot or is it the same as the non prime version.

Also should i go with a dash (Energy Siphon, Corrosive Projection, etc) or D (Rejuvenation, etc) or leave it blank and not get the extra capacity.

Naite

Using the Prisma Angstrum for 5 seconds instantly reminded me why I never stuck with it in the short time I cared about explosive weapons. Reloading after a fully charged shot is horrible.

I'm liking the Arca Titron a lot, but I can't deal with that speed after having a maiming strike Jat Kittag build for so long. I feel like I'd need to put on primed fury and beserker to be satisfied with the speed, but I want to make it a condition overload-status build.

EDIT: Nvm I think I might've found a build I'm satisfied with.

Also should i go with a dash (Energy Siphon, Corrosive Projection, etc) or D (Rejuvenation, etc) or leave it blank and not get the extra capacity.

Every warframe should be dash so that you can put CP on it.

CP is one of the most important effects in the game, slashing EHP of the worst units more than any gun really can. Yeah you might not notice it on the starchart, but it's a literal game changer in Sorties and Trials.

Considering the free energy that is Zenurik, it's easy to slot in over anything else. Also on Nekros you're generally generating enough energy through Despoil and Equilibrium anyway.

VandalD

I kept a regular Angstrum for all this time for some reason. The Prisma Angstrum is reminding me that I shouldn't have. Except I don't get rid of variant weapons, so I guess I'll continue to have an Angstrum that I don't use, except prisma.

Finally crafting Hydroid Prime. Need more relics to farm out the other stuff. Just finding I don't care enough to do it. I'll get it eventually.

Three invites to the clan have gone out.

r1chard

Finally completed the slog to building Vauban Prime today with the last Nitain I needed earned just now. Phew. So drawn out.

Nordicus

I haven't played the game since late 2014, came back since my friends wanted to try the game out in August after I told them about the Plain of Eidolon announcement.

They jumped the gun on starting to play the game because we don't even know when that content comes, so they aren't all that invested, but I'm way more into the game now than my previous 2 attempts (even between those two tries the game saw big overhauls). Last time I couldn't even dream of getting anything Prime but now I go on the occasional Fissure binge.

The feel of progression in this game is so much better now. The interplanetary Junctions go a pretty good job of pointing the player the mechanics or content they should try and get familiar with.

Didn't expect I'd get so fond of a, in essence, a repetitive loot grind game, but the thing is that I'm spending so much time seeking for interesting sidegrades, and that is so much more rewarding than seeking bigger numbers. I might have the occasional situation of retiring Paris for Paris Prime, but I am not certain whether my next Warframe will feel better than my Nyx, or my next sidearm will feel better than my Corpus-slaying pet weapon Gammacor. But finding that out will be the part of the game experience and the new gear will feel distinctly different.

Btw, fuck the old Mod system that had you combining mods to build up their power.

A sculpture today, oh well

Every warframe should be dash so that you can put CP on it.

CP is one of the most important effects in the game, slashing EHP of the worst units more than any gun really can. Yeah you might not notice it on the starchart, but it's a literal game changer in Sorties and Trials.

Considering the free energy that is Zenurik, it's easy to slot in over anything else. Also on Nekros you're generally generating enough energy through Despoil and Equilibrium anyway.

hmmm.

I guess equilibrium would deal with the health also so it looks like 2 is better than one

VandalD

I guess equilibrium would deal with the health also so it looks like 2 is better than one
With Equilibrium and Despoil, Nekros doesn't need any other efficiency mods, and he's also free to change his aura slot, since Rejuvenation just ends up not doing anything for you, making CP a natural fit.

Bit of a shame more frames don't take advantage of otherwise meh mods like Equilibrium. Aviator could have been a good fit for Titania since she's so damn fragile, but it doesn't work in her archwing mode, so everyone will continue to not use that mod.

goblin

Picked up the Prisma Angstrum. Took it on the sortie. Got an Angstrum Riven. It's fate.

Too bad I only have enough room in my heart for one explosive weapon and it's the Lenz.

Manzoon

Banned
Thanks. So should I still keep rocking my starter gear until I get them to level 30? Also, what do mastery points do?

Mastery is the only real measure of advancement in the game, aside from collecting an arsenal of weapons and frames. Weapons are all locked behind certain mastery levels, all frames are available from the get go though.

Finding an early frame and weapon that will function as a good work horse is important for doing mid to late game content too, since you should catalyse those weapons and reactor the frame (this doubles the amount of mod points available to that weapon or frame).

With Equilibrium and Despoil, Nekros doesn't need any other efficiency mods, and he's also free to change his aura slot, since Rejuvenation just ends up not doing anything for you, making CP a natural fit.

Bit of a shame more frames don't take advantage of otherwise meh mods like Equilibrium. Aviator could have been a good fit for Titania since she's so damn fragile, but it doesn't work in her archwing mode, so everyone will continue to not use that mod.

I thought Rejuvenation would help that Despoil and Equilibrium combo but if its ultimately not worth it compared to having a potential CP then i could go that route. Now to get a Health Conversion :D

Also agreed on frames not taking advantage of certain mods since my Equilibrium hasn't got much attention since recently.
lenz is explosive?

*buys*

Very Explosive

Manzoon

Banned
I thought Rejuvenation would help that Despoil and Equilibrium combo but if its ultimately not worth it compared to having a potential CP then i could go that route. Now to get a Health Conversion :D

Also agreed on frames not taking advantage of certain mods since my Equilibrium hasn't got much attention since recently.

Rejuvenation very much helps with Despoil, I also have a half ranked Equilibrium equipped and I never have to turn Desecrate off for 20 waves of a defense with a huge range on it.

Edit time: I can take Equilibrium off, it's not necessary for my Desecrate build. The thing that makes it work with just Rejuvenate is that my power strength is very low, which effects how much health is lost. Mind you this is a straight up farming build, it needs big guns to take down anything significant.

derFeef

What's the fastest way to level up my starter weapons? I just unlocked the Venus junction.

A basic tip. All XP goes equally to all your stuff. So if you ONLY equip ONE weapon, this one would get more XP than otherwise. Like if you want to level your melee weapon, leave the main and sidearm slot empty and do a mission only using melee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom