• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
mindblown.gif

It's a 25%/75% split between your warframe and the weapons. So all 75% will go to the one weapon you have equipped. The only times this changes is when you get a kill with a weapon (50% to warframe/50% to that one weapon) or kill with a Warframe power (100% to Warframe).

Would this game look and play better on my dell 7559 laptop with a 960m or on PS4? Any input would be helpful.

Probably the laptop if the PS4 isn't a Pro. The community is larger on PC and there are also far more customization options for performance.

ViviOggi

I always liked Cleaving Whirlwind but Tempo Royale is pretty glorious ngl

Probably the laptop if the PS4 isn't a Pro. The community is larger on PC and there are also far more customization options for performance.
Plus patches have quite a bit of delay on console I believe. Dunno what CPU that laptop has but the 960m should be more than enough for high/ultra settings

I have 675 platinum, not really sure what I should be spending it on. Jesus this game has changed so much in 3 years I'm lost as fuuuuuuuck lol.

I don't need a new frame right now I have the ones I like atm (Nova and three gunslinger one)

I have 675 platinum, not really sure what I should be spending it on. Jesus this game has changed so much in 3 years I'm lost as fuuuuuuuck lol.

I don't need a new frame right now I have the ones I like atm (Nova and three gunslinger one)

I'm just as lost as you and I just started yesterday! How did you get Platinum?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I mostly spend plat on slots.

I have like 1200. I should buy a palette but I can't choose which so a hoarding I will go.

Color Saturated and Smoke are all you need as far as Platinum colors go.

Twilight if you need purples. The Ki'teer one isn't bad either but that's on rotation.

Manzoon

Banned
Color Saturated and Smoke are all you need as far as Platinum colors go.

Twilight if you need purples. The Ki'teer one isn't bad either but that's on rotation.
Color Saturated and Twilight are the only ones I've bought (gotta have those purples).

Lots of event color packs though!

Arrrammis

3855AEF942C94618D997452CD33CF1F868173F10
Yes finally hit MR15 so I can use the riven I've been looking forward to! That crit chance with a high level Naramon tree is insane, and the extra overall damage is really nice too :)

I don't get all of this Prime stuff. I got an egg or relic thingy that I used on a mission and it gave me an option at the rewards screen for Prime blueprints.

VandalD

Are inventory slots you buy frame specific?
You have to specifically buy frame or weapon slots. Any frame can go in a frame slot.
I don't get all of this Prime stuff. I got an egg or relic thingy that I used on a mission and it gave me an option at the rewards screen for Prime blueprints.
The other options you saw were from others in your squad also opening up their relic. Everyone gets to choose one thing among those rewards. So if there's something you really want, you can form a group of people who only use the relic that drops that thing, and you essentially get four chances to roll for it.

So I just got this riven from todays sortie and looked up the weapon...

KlGK1Lt.png

The Ohma looks freaking awesome!

I am so torn right now though, I was saving up my nitain so I can finally put Saryn Prime in the oven but I have 4 right now which is exactly what I need to make the Ohma.

On the other hand, I am only just about to turn MR 11 and that Riven is 15 so it's going to be a while before I can even use it...

But I'm about to take Vaubantimus Prime out of the oven tonight and I wanna be a transformer!

EDIT: Oh yeah, for those that have used the ohma, should I reroll that riven? I feel like the reach and stat chance should really help but at the same time I usually don't like enemy damage buffs and am wondering how hard it would be to reroll for similar but better stats?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
finally did my first sortie earlier today

about halfway through the second mission (survival) I started running into trouble with my weapons not being good enough, though I think they may have just been a mismatch for what I was fighting.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I am so torn right now though, I was saving up my nitain so I can finally put Saryn Prime in the oven but I have 4 right now which is exactly what I need to make the Ohma.

Build the Ohma, Saryn prime is basically MR fodder the Ohma is great and saryn is probably one of the most useless frames in the game.

Frames are way more likely to be reworked than weapons, though.

Considering he's not even MR ranked to use the Riven in the first place, it would make more sense to just pick up the frame and level it.

finally did my first sortie earlier today

about halfway through the second mission (survival) I started running into trouble with my weapons not being good enough, though I think they may have just been a mismatch for what I was fighting.

They had way more shields than normal so its not a really best representation of your weapons tbh.

Build the Ohma, Saryn prime is basically MR fodder the Ohma is great and saryn is probably one of the most useless frames in the game.

Cmon Son.gif

: Oh yeah, for those that have used the ohma, should I reroll that riven? I feel like the reach and stat chance should really help but at the same time I usually don't like enemy damage buffs and am wondering how hard it would be to reroll for similar but better stats?
Build ohma first, so you can see if you want to keep it for the riven.

As for riven stats, Ohma is a sliding weapon with good crit stats. It is best served by crit damage, reach, crit chance on slide, and combo duration. When rolling, try for at least one of them, preferably two. Three would be a godlike roll.

I have an ohma riven myself that has +crit chance on slide. With that and blood rush, you're looking at red crits that do hundreds of thousands of damage.

Wait, I'm confused, the wiki says the ohma has only 15% crit chance but 30% status chance. But it is a better crit weapon? Wouldn't it make a good condition overload weapon?

I already have a sliding crit atty. I was hoping this would be a nice complement but status based instead.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I maintain that post rework saryn is one of the most useless frames in the game. There is nothing she does well outside of clearing the starchart.

Her spore spam is only good if you build a gimmicky gas weapon to go along with it, it requires deep knowledge of knowing how she works. Most people dont know that her spores transmit all toxin damage not just spore damage, so building her is unusual and she's highly dependent on things beyond just her build.

Not to mention she's energy hungry as all hell and not durable enough to do a melee build for her 3 to shine.

She's a mess of a frame and I've tried many times but I cannot get her to work functionally in a way that makes me go "this is better than anything else i could have picked" in sorties. Plus her kit just isn't fun.

I just have a huge bunch of issues with her. And this is coming from some one who had normal saryn as one of my most played frames for the longest time.

Edit: there is one thing she's really good at though, getting lots of focus.

Wait, I'm confused, the wiki says the ohma has only 15% crit chance but 30% status chance. But it is a better crit weapon? Wouldn't it make a good condition overload weapon?

I already have a sliding crit atty. I was hoping this would be a nice complement but status based instead.
I should clarify. Ohma's crit chance is, by itself, ok but not amazing. The thing is, its slide attack is one of the hardest hitting in the game.

Since maiming strike (and rivens including its effect) increase crit chance additively instead of multiplicatively, you're looking at 100%+ crit chance on the weapon's strongest move. Blood rush will multiply this to ludicrous levels, pretty much obviating the need for condition overload.

This doesn't even get into the fact that it is a single element weapon. If modded for pure corrosive, every status proc strips armor instead of getting occasional random physical effects you would get on most melee weapons. If you are using the sovereign outcast stance with this, enemy armor melts.

I maintain that post rework saryn is one of the most useless frames in the game. There is nothing she does well outside of clearing the starchart. Nah she can get ridiculously high killcounts which in turn is good for leveling.

Her spore spam is only good if you build a gimmicky gas weapon to go along with it, it requires deep knowledge of knowing how she works. Most people dont know that her spores transmit all toxin damage not just spore damage, so building her is unusual and she's highly dependent on things beyond just her build.

You actually don't need a gas weapon as much as you need something to pop the spores which in turn spreads, its just that gas allows that and more toxin related damage to infect multiple targets. A gas build is just another elemental build and for some weapons you can have yet another element on it if you want. Also you just need to know that spores is were its at with her since all the other moves interact with it so try to let everyone have it anyway you can "shrug*.

Not to mention she's energy hungry as all hell and not durable enough to do a melee build for her 3 to shine. Not really if you mainly stick to spores which is her bread and butter anyway. You can add the others for good measure and also have a high energy pool so you can do it for a bit longer. If she has no energy i could see it as an issue but that's with every frame though

She's a mess of a frame and I've tried many times but I cannot get her to work functionally in a way that makes me go "this is better than anything else i could have picked" in sorties. Plus her kit just isn't fun.

Sorties ain't the end all or be all though and even then she can be used in them if needed. Also i disagree about her kit since its fun infecting a bunch of people and seeing numbers all over the map, but that's just me.

I just have a huge bunch of issues with her. And this is coming from some one who had normal saryn as one of my most played frames for the longest time.

I had used her for a bit before and it was fine nuking things with her ult but i'm not seeing much of a difference except instead of 4 its now 1 being used as a mostly a crutch. If there is one thing i would criticize about the rework it would be that

Edit: there is one thing she's really good at though, getting lots of focus. I will agree but i dont use her for that since i don't give a shit about focus so its a moot point

She's different from before but to call her useless is pushing it a bit far i say.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
She's different from before but to call her useless is pushing it a bit far i say.

Useless is a bit much but aaagghh she just aggravates me so much. Every time I feel like I've found a mode where I like to play Saryn I realize that if I want map control I can just use something else and have more fun.

Her old 4 was more fun because at least you were running around the map and being mobile, popping the nuke mid air was fun, with her spore spam you're either at range dumping spores at them and popping them or dumping them on your molt.

Also the reason I make a thing about using a gas weapon is because the base spore damage is really low for enemies over level 60, but if you use a gas weapon you can actually transfer the weapon damage across the entire room as long as you get a gas proc on the enemy to pop the spores. If you do it right you can theoretically spread thousands of damage around the room in spore ticks instead of 11-40 damage from normal spore damage.

I think the big thing is that I am just not a big fan of how Saryn feels, especially against armored targets. Which is a shame because her prime looks damn cool and I love poison themed things in games. I've been trying to make a condition overload build for Saryn with her 3 and spores for a while but against the levels where that kind of damage is actually useful she's just too squishy.

Useless is a bit much but aaagghh she just aggravates me so much. Every time I feel like I've found a mode where I like to play Saryn I realize that if I want map control I can just use something else and have more fun.

Her old 4 was more fun because at least you were running around the map and being mobile, popping the nuke mid air was fun, with her spore spam you're either at range dumping spores at them and popping them or dumping them on your molt.

Also the reason I make a thing about using a gas weapon is because the base spore damage is really low for enemies over level 60, but if you use a gas weapon you can actually transfer the weapon damage across the entire room as long as you get a gas proc on the enemy to pop the spores. If you do it right you can theoretically spread thousands of damage around the room in spore ticks instead of 11-40 damage from normal spore damage.

I think the big thing is that I am just not a big fan of how Saryn feels, especially against armored targets. Which is a shame because her prime looks damn cool and I love poison themed things in games. I've been trying to make a condition overload build for Saryn with her 3 and spores for a while but against the levels where that kind of damage is actually useful she's just too squishy.

The gas stuff is what i use because i like to see those numbers :D

You can still be mobile, 4 in mid air and all that jazz though it just might not clear the room when you do it. I never stay too long in one place throwing spores (unless its some power leveling that makes the group hunker down) and i go to kill them and throwing spores while continuing to move around. Actually i was shocked when i saw someone just stood there to cast spores on a molt ad naseum for an entire defense.

She can have a decent amount of health but i usually go without. Also not much of a melee person in general so her 3 is hardly used for me.

Sucks the rework hasn't worked for you man.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Sucks the rework hasn't worked for you man.

She's still one of my favorites which is why i am sp hard on her. Also every once in a while i go back to her and I try to make her do some goofy gimmick build. You actually inspired me to try another melee build again lol.

Barring dropping 2 formas on her this is the tankiest I can get her, stretch is just there to counteract some of narrow minded, but the goal here is just to get her 3 to last as long as possible for the toxic lash + spore interaction which will make her melee weapon go nuts.

With this nikana plus her 3 and spores she should basically be able to heal off of hitting anything and her condition overload should be going berserk.

Edit; lol build works really well but i can't help but feel like saryn is just a ninth mod slot for the nikana prime.

Manzoon

Banned
I have an ohma riven myself that has +crit chance on slide. With that and blood rush, you're looking at red crits that do hundreds of thousands of damage.

So today I re-learned about crits. Of course I knew about red crits from a long while ago, but I just found out that orange is the new red while using the arca titron with maiming strike and getting orange crits. That was when I learned that it used to go yellow>red>red and now goes yellow>orange>red; AND that maiming strike is additive to crit chance.

You just taught me that rivens are additive as well. I'm ascending in the spheres of knowledge once again...

You just taught me that rivens are additive as well. I'm ascending in the spheres of knowledge once again...
Indeed. Crit damage can scale to crazy levels. As an example...
poHLjA39j

So spin attack damage is about 3000, the base crit chance is 105% when I spin attack, and the crit multiplier is 3.8. Let's say I've gotten myself a 2.5 combo multiplier (very doable with ohma and that kind of attack speed). Blood rush pumps the crit chance to 538%. Assuming I don't get a lucky hit and only hit with a level 5 red crit, the critical mutliplier works out as such: ((5*2.8)+1)=15
Totaling it all up, we get:
3000 base damage*15 total crit multiplier*2.5 combo multiplier=112,500 damage

Recall

I've downloaded the game and I'm about to start tonight. Does the game explain itself well enough along with the gameplay loop or is there anything worth knowing going in?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I've downloaded the game and I'm about to start tonight. Does the game explain itself well enough along with the gameplay loop or is there anything worth knowing going in?

I played the beginning of the game a really long time ago, and they've updated it since then, but at the very least the basic progression of getting from planet to planet is a lot easier to figure out. The first few missions basically teach you how to do all the basics like modding and whatnot, so you should be fine.

The only thing you really need to know is: for the love of all that is holy don't spend your starting platinum on nonsense. Only spend it on extra inventory slots for warframes and weapons.

Manzoon

Banned
Indeed. Crit damage can scale to crazy levels.

So spin attack damage is about 3000, the base crit chance is 105% when I spin attack, and the crit multiplier is 3.8. Let's say I've gotten myself a 2.5 combo multiplier (very doable with ohma and that kind of attack speed). Blood rush pumps the crit chance to 538%. Assuming I don't get a lucky hit and only hit with a level 5 red crit, the critical mutliplier works out as such: ((5*2.8)+1)=15
Totaling it all up, we get:
3000 base damage*15 total crit multiplier*2.5 combo multiplier=112,500 damage

Apparently they changed the color coding for crits because back when I was playing originally, you couldn't get above 200% crit chance. Man things have changed a lot.

Fragor Prime has ended friendship with heavy trauma, bloodrush is new best friend.

Nordicus

Kulstar is probably my first secondary that I've fallen in love with. My primary weapon is allowed to steadily grind down enemy forces, when in a jam you can just empty Kulstar's mag of mini-explosive torpedoes to clear whole groups and knock down the ones that stay alive.

derFeef

I am totally engrossed in this game now. I have no clue what I am doing but I am clearing missions and build whatever is available :D
Also Solo only, way more fun imo.

Just started recently myself and I picked up on the basics quickly, but there's definitely a lot more to learn still. Enjoying it so far.

I am totally engrossed in this game now. I have no clue what I am doing but I am clearing missions and build whatever is available :D
Also Solo only, way more fun imo.

Nah man, wait until you do a defense mission with a Mesa, Ember, Nova, and uh forgot the frame that makes that fence/net shit that traps everyone.

We did soooo many waves!, ALL OF THE PARTICLES!!! It was glorious!

Installed this on my 7559 and was able to basically run it at max at 60fps so that's pretty cool. Was only able to play a little over and hour but had fun. Felt a bit like mass effect 3s multiplayer. Is that a fair comparison gameplay wise at least?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I've never played mass effect multiplayer but the emphasis on abilities is pretty similar.

It moves a lot faster than ME though once you get the movement down.

So, Sir Vauban is quickly becoming my favorite Frame.

He is just... so much FUN. I think I am having more fun now than I had even when I started the game.

I literally cackle out loud whenever I catch something in my bounce trap. Especially other frames... and that just isn't something I normally do. I had to take a second to comprehend this new behavior lol. It's just so funny when you get someone who has never experienced it before and doesn't know what is happening. I even find myself trying to knock nukers off the map when they go afk... Or throwing one on a control panel... What is wrong with me?

Oh man. Before I found him I had literally just been wondering if there was frame based around traps wondering how it would play. It is just so much gosh darn fun. It's so different than any of the others I've played so far. I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom