• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it something annoying like solo mission defense where the target can't take damage? (run akkad, bring ember)

Probably my hardest one was getting a bunch of head shots in a single aim glide.

this one

Synthesize a Simaris target without using traps or abilities while having a Hobbled Dragon Key equipped.

WUT

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Do you not have the upgraded simarus scanner? Those scanning ones are easy compared to the headshot aim glide or wall latch/running ones imo.

Synthesize a Simaris target without using traps or abilities while having a Hobbled Dragon Key equipped.
Yeah, this ain't bad. Best way to go is take rhino and use iron skin immediately on mission entry before the challenge window appears. That way, you get a decent hp buffer for when you do the scanning.

The hobbled key doesn't slow down parkour, so use that to your advantage. Sliding with nehza also works well with hobbled keys.

Not saying its hard or impossible just wondering why is that a thing. Its like RNGGod is being a massive troll more than usual.

Do you not have the upgraded simarus scanner? Those scanning ones are easy compared to the headshot aim glide or wall latch/running ones imo.

the scanner benefits never worked for me tbh *shrug*

Yeah, this ain't bad. Best way to go is take rhino and use iron skin immediately on mission entry before the challenge window appears. That way, you get a decent hp buffer for when you do the scanning.

The hobbled key doesn't slow down parkour, so use that to your advantage. Sliding with nehza also works well with hobbled keys.

That rhino thing sounds hilarious since its like turtle going even slower :p and i'll keep that nehza thing in mind.

I wonder if Helios would count.

Naite

For the air glide riven requirement you can go on the the corpus tileset with the air vents that push you up (I forget which planet, the one alad v is on). You can be stay suspended in the air while you're free to get your headshot kills.

Rhino runs fast with arcane vanguard. And no helios wont scan simarus targets.

That's an arcane helmet though which only a few have so i don't count it personally.

Yea saw the Helios stuff on the wiki was looking for a reason to bring him out again but i guess that will be his prime whenever i get it.

That rhino thing sounds hilarious since its like turtle going even slower :p and i'll keep that nehza thing in mind.

If you don't have vanguard, bring Nezha. Slides/Jumps don't get slowed by Hobbled. Go max power strength and pop it at the start. That one isn't too hard.

as for the defense objective, Ember isn't a bad choice but RQ Banshee is much safer.

Tabby

Just got my first Kubrow. Thing is bad ass.

Obviously had to buy him some kick ass armour too.

I've always preferred Kavats, that Charm buff sure comes in handy.
If you don't have vanguard, bring Nezha. Slides/Jumps don't get slowed by Hobbled. Go max power strength and pop it at the start. That one isn't too hard.

You could also go Ivara and stealth the full thing, either one works.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Looking at the drop rates of Barrel Diffusion... This is going to be fun...

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Just buy it. +-5 plat from warframe.market. Not worth the hassle of doing the farming, tbqh, especially given how essential the mod is.

You're right. Just bought a copy. I can get that 5p back selling prime trash.

as for the defense objective, Ember isn't a bad choice but RQ Banshee is much safer.

I haven't leveled up my Nehza as yet so i need to do that.

I've always preferred Kavats, that Charm buff sure comes in handy.

Was all about that thing until it got nerfed.

Just got lazy as well so no companions currently (i have baby Helminth charger for weeks now lol)

Saprol

Baro arrived. Only 120% Impact mods... that's not much of a showing after 3 primed mods last time.

Never bought the Eos cosmetics though so glad there's a set now.

tNYJzoL.png

Selling all the eos parts as a set is interesting though. I'll pick up the new shoulder pads of course.

VandalD

At least this is a perfect week for the newer/returning players to buy Inaros's quest from Baro, since he's not selling anything else worth buying.

At least this is a perfect week for the newer/returning players to buy Inaros's quest from Baro, since he's not selling anything else worth buying.

i was doing the math on that and looking at the market. From what i gathered, is usually cheaper to buy the item from another player and sell an assortment of BP's in the market than to buy from Baro.

Also *much* more profitable.

wonder what's next

deats pls

Orange crits got added recently as a visual indicator effect. Yellow critical are the same as before, orange critical indicate a critical critical on a 101%-200% chance, and red critical are as before but only for things with a chance above 200%.

was reading it on the wiki.

man i remember when dread having 125% crit chance was seen as crazy but i guess there are enough mods now where its all about that 201% and above

I... did not know you could trade mods and stuff.

I just met a stranger on my first mission in the void and we ended up hunting for crystals. Which is why I wanted to go to the void in the first place so I could finally build my atterax.

Ended up getting all the crystals I needed and he ended up chatting and inviting me to his dojo to trade which I didn't even know you could do.

I told him I was new to this so I'm still learning the ins and outs and he traded me some mods.

Barrel diffusion

Hell's chamber

Split chamber

I don't know what they do but I thought that was nice. He told me some others to look out for as well as some weapons. Cool dude.

First game since I built my PC that I added someone as a friend.

He also said I should level my Excal. He's been sitting at level 7 since I got my Frost. What is the best way to do that? Just revisit older levels? Like the endless ones? Any in particular I should be doing? He said something about Kiliken.

Leveling these entry weapons is a pain in the butt. I have several others that I've built just sitting there waiting to be taken out of the foundry to play with.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
The mods he gave you are the multishot mods. They increase the chance that you'll fire 2 bullets for the price of one. Very handy.

As for leveling at lower lvls/planets, yeah any endless types are good. Endless fissures if you have one available grant increased xp/credits etc after 5/10 waves/rounds etc and can help with lvling/gettting some extra cash. Io - Jupiter is great if you have it unlocked as ppl farm meso relics there and you can usually find a high lvl person or two to carry you 15-20 rounds.

LiQuid!

Leveling these entry weapons is a pain in the butt. I have several others that I've built just sitting there waiting to be taken out of the foundry to play with.
This is one of my biggest beefs with the game. I spend almost all of my time with crappy weapons equipped to keep my MR from stagnating so I almost never get to play with the weapons I actually like and want to use. I've got an Orthos Prime sitting in my foundry untouched, cause I have like 6 other melee weapons I need to hump and dump for MR and I can't afford to be minus 1 weapon slot while I'm doing it.

Anyways those mods the guy gave you are awesome and pretty mandatory for late game builds. I just paid 5 plat for the pistol version, so consider yourself lucky.

I wouldn't worry too much about leveling both of your frames right now tho. Getting a frame to 30 is pretty trivial and it will be even more trivial when you've got at least 1 weapon maxed out with some nice mods that you can use to "carry" you through higher level missions than you would have been able to otherwise.

I finished 2nd Dream and War Within yesterday.

Honestly I'm not a fan of the way they showed the inner workings of the warframes. I feel like it was better when the driving force behind them was more shrouded in mystery. Not sure how often I'm even gonna use the new power you get.

Also Hyekka masters are really annoying to find...

Honestly I'm not a fan of the way they showed the inner workings of the warframes. I feel like it was better when the driving force behind them was more shrouded in mystery. Not sure how often I'm even gonna use the new power you get.

If you build up Naramon and Zenurik you'll literally use it every mission because they're broken OP effects. The powers also have great uses against stuff that develops resistances to your attacks, and it's the only way to farm for kuva.

If you build up Naramon and Zenurik you'll literally use it every mission because they're broken OP effects. The powers also have great uses against stuff that develops resistances to your attacks, and it's the only way to farm for kuva.

Yeah I was looking at doing some of the optional missions and one of them has a high level of sentinels who can't adapt to the operator's powers. Guess it will give me an excuse to get used to using them.

Yeah I was looking at doing some of the optional missions and one of them has a high level of sentinels who can't adapt to the operator's powers. Guess it will give me an excuse to get used to using them.

You'll want to use it to wipe resistances off and stagger them rather than actually do damage with the beam.

VandalD

Just a random tip: While rolling you take 75% less damage from everything. About to take a rocket to the face from a bombard? Roll! While rolling, you are also immune to knockdowns. Another scorpion/ancient trying to harpoon you? Roll! One of those annoying fire waves coming at you from an eximus? Roll!

In conclusion, if you panic, try rolling.

ViviOggi

Just a random tip: While rolling you take 75% less damage from everything. About to take a rocket to the face from a bombard? Roll! While rolling, you are also immune to knockdowns. Another scorpion/ancient trying to harpoon you? Roll! One of those annoying fire waves coming at you from an eximus? Roll!

Cheers I had no idea

wrongway

Oh damn, pro tip. Gonna get my Dark Souls on next sesh. Praise the Void!

Saprol

I unlocked the first rank of Zenurik's energy regen but I have no idea what Void Pulse is. Do I just activate and shoot the primary fire to gain the mission bonus?

VandalD

I unlocked the first rank of Zenurik's energy regen but I have no idea what Void Pulse is. Do I just activate and shoot the primary fire to gain the mission bonus?
Yes. Once you use your focus ability and it ends, or you cancel it by pressing and holding the button again, any passives you have activated in focus will then be activated for the rest of the mission.

If for whatever reason there is a host migration during a mission, then you will lose your focus passives and will have to activate your focus once again to regain them.
Oh damn, pro tip. Gonna get my Dark Souls on next sesh. Praise the Void!
If you aim down sights and roll backwards, you'll instead pretend that you have a Dark Wood Grain Ring equipped.

LiQuid!

So I managed to build Carrier Prime. He's still low rank and I already love him more than Taxon and Shitty Dog combined, so I'm pretty sure he's going to be my main companion forever. Is it worth using a reactor on him to get some damage mods on him? Not sure what the damage capabilities of these things are but honestly I'm mostly just interested on their utility (loot/enemy radar, vaccum) so I only really need enough room for that plus survivability and I would really love to reactor a 2nd frame so I don't feel "stuck" with frost all the time.

VandalD

So I managed to build Carrier Prime. He's still low rank and I already love him more than Taxon and Shitty Dog combined, so I'm pretty sure he's going to be my main companion forever. Is it worth using a reactor on him to get some damage mods on him? Not sure what the damage capabilities of these things are but honestly I'm mostly just interested on their utility (loot/enemy radar, vaccum) so I only really need enough room for that plus survivability and I would really love to reactor a 2nd frame so I don't feel "stuck" with frost all the time.
It's worth putting a reactor on Carrier Prime for sure. But of course it's up to you whether to do that or spend it on a frame. Doubling frame points is more fun, but Carrier Prime is irreplaceable. As for using a catalyst on sentinel weapons, I'd say don't bother. Sentinels aren't very impressive damage-wise, though if you load them up with status, they could potentially save you from some hits with a blast proc or something.

If anyone's curious, here's what my Carrier Prime build is looking like these days. Vacuum, Guardian, Medi-Ray, Ammo Case, and Animal Instinct are all amazing utility. Primed Regen can be swapped out for regular Regen, of course. Striker is optional and could be swapped out for Looter if you really wanted.

VandalD

Shield Charger and Sacrifice are both pretty great.

I should really get back to raiding. I'd love to get more arcane energizes, rare as they are. Just can't be bothered though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom