• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Difficulty really starting to pick up on Uranus. Soloing these missions is pretty damn tough. Switched to a stealthier build with Volt using the Dread and it is working out pretty well.

So, I've never really traded with anyone else in Warframe. Is there any sort of trading scam to watch out for, or is the system pretty foolproof? (I don't mean making bad deals, but, e.g. people trading fake items or something.)

Edit: Thanks, Noisy. It is a lot smoother than the last trading system I've used... in Diablo 2.

So, I've never really traded with anyone else in Warframe. Is there any sort of trading scam to watch out for, or is the system pretty foolproof? (I don't mean making bad deals, but, e.g. people trading fake items or something.)
It's pretty hard to scam using the trade system without the victim being unaware (unless they aren't paying attention). Several checks are involved and dupes don't really happen to my knowledge.

Edit: Thanks, Noisy. It is a lot smoother than the last trading system I've used... in Diablo 2.

To add to that, there's like three levels of confirmation before the trade actually happens with a game imposed timer countdown before you can click the final confirmation for trade. It's really nearly idiot proof. I haven't played Diablo so I have no idea what the trade system is like there. There's no fake items in the game, other than the hacked Prime Streamline and Excal Umbras. A person could switch out what they're trading if you weren't paying attention, but then the game resets the confirmation it has in place so you can't blindly go through confirmation with someone suddenly swapping an item out at the last second.

ViviOggi

Ember players

To add to that, there's like three levels of confirmation before the trade actually happens with a game imposed timer countdown before you can click the final confirmation for trade. It's really nearly idiot proof. I haven't played Diablo so I have no idea what the trade system is like there. There's no fake items in the game, other than the hacked Prime Streamline and Excal Umbras. A person could switch out what they're trading if you weren't paying attention, but then the game resets the confirmation it has in place so you can't blindly go through confirmation with someone suddenly swapping an item out at the last second.

Yeah Warframe has a good setup with lots of confirmations. I was just reactively afraid because I wanted to trade platinum for something, and since it has a direct, tangible value, I didn't want to make some terrible mistake and end up throwing it away.

The Diablo 2 reference is a bad one on my part, but it's really my only touchstone with player-to-player trading. It's nearly two decades old at this point, and it had much less robust online features. It was during the wild west of persistent online games, when things like duped items or hacking trades were, not common, but a possibility.

So now I have a Rhino Prime. I dunno why it took me so long to think of using plat to trade for one. I bought the biggest platinum pack back when I got a -75% daily, and have been struggling to find much to spend it on since then; it's basically been extra slots, the Valkyr alien skin, and now my pal Rhino Prime.

epRx2ZU.jpg

Man that one sucked.

So now I have a Rhino Prime. I dunno why it took me so long to think of using plat to trade for one. I bought the biggest platinum pack back when I got a -75% daily, and have been struggling to find much to spend it on since then; it's basically been extra slots, the Valkyr alien skin, and now my pal Rhino Prime.

More cosmetics? The Palatine Rhino set is godlike.

FeArTriX

Yeah Warframe has a good setup with lots of confirmations. I was just reactively afraid because I wanted to trade platinum for something, and since it has a direct, tangible value, I didn't want to make some terrible mistake and end up throwing it away.

The Diablo 2 reference is a bad one on my part, but it's really my only touchstone with player-to-player trading. It's nearly two decades old at this point, and it had much less robust online features. It was during the wild west of persistent online games, when things like duped items or hacking trades were, not common, but a possibility.

You can buy a specific mod of your liking . That's what I do, some mods take forever to drop and I don't have the time to prey to The RNG god and waits for his mercy

You can buy a specific mod of your liking . That's what I do, some mods take forever to drop and I don't have the time to prey to The RNG god and waits for his mercy

Yeah... looking at a stance mod and seeing 0.3% drop rate from an enemy I encounter maaaybe 10 or 20 times in a mission is a little discouraging.

But I just know if I do that I'll end up with a half-dozen of them shortly after. That's how RNG works! It is evil.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I wish the 75% off price was a special one-time deal per account in addition to being a rare daily reward. I've never been so willing to give a f2p game $50 USD as I have been this last few weeks but I want that $50 to completely alleviate me from at least the gameplay relevant IAPs and 1,000 platinum is not going to get the job done. It's frustrating that by the time the deal finally rolls around for me there's a very good chance I'll be over it. Frustrating for me as a customer and I'm sure frustrating for them for missing out on the easiest $50 any f2p game developer could have ever gotten out of me.

Inskipp

Anyone here have an Equinox specced for sleep with Calm & Frenzy-augment? Could use a boost with a couple of frames, I can return the favor with my own sleep Equinox.

Ember players

I'm of 2 minds about this.

If i want to get something done quickly i'll whip it out and i don't usually mind someone else doing it if its for similar reasons but i understand why people would be annoyed as they actually want to do stuff.

*shrug*

As said before once you reach higher levels the effectiveness drops and it becomes more CC where you can now contribute (unless the ember in question is not doing cc and at that point why are they even there)

Yep you have to be extremely lazy if you went through the process and never paid attention tbh

Also @ bold: Oh My!

I wish the 75% off price was a special one-time deal per account in addition to being a rare daily reward. I've never been so willing to give a f2p game $50 USD as I have been this last few weeks but I want that $50 to completely alleviate me from at least the gameplay relevant IAPs and 1,000 platinum is not going to get the job done. It's frustrating that by the time the deal finally rolls around for me there's a very good chance I'll be over it. Frustrating for me as a customer and I'm sure frustrating for them for missing out on the easiest $50 any f2p game developer could have ever gotten out of me.

I'm in a similar place right now, I want spend some money but I don't feel like you get a lot of plat for the money you spend so I'm holding out.
I got a 20% off coupon when I logged in for the first time in ages but decided to wait, should have spent some then...

Urgh.

I'm still getting massive framerate drops since either the Harrow update or the new nVidia GPU drivers. It's driving me bonkers.

I'm getting dips into the 40s now with a GTX 1080, no idea how to solve this.

wrongway

I think you need to complete the alert within an hour of it expiring, so... maybe you creeped really slowly? Rhino is a good frame to bring to nightmare alerts, because he doesn't have to care about missing shields.

Ah ok. Not sure how long it took total since I was juggling some stuff around the house while playing, but I wouldn't be surprised if I took a good bit over an hour. Oh well, I got another visit from the Stalker after that and he gave me his bow so it's all good :D

Ah ok. Not sure how long it took total since I was juggling some stuff around the house while playing, but I wouldn't be surprised if I took a good bit over an hour. Oh well, I got another visit from the Stalker after that and he gave me his bow so it's all good :D

No, it should be once you start the alert mission you get the award, unless you spent some kind of absurd amount time.

Not sure the number, but its the latest driver that came out around 2 weeks ago.

How do I clear game cache?

When the launcher is up, click on the little cog near the upper right corner. There are buttons for Verify and Optimize, do them in that order. Also make sure to have only one DX option selected. Sometimes if there's two there will be some problems. Try those one at a time and see if they work. If you uncheck both of them, it'll run in DX9 mode, so use that as a last attempt if performance doesn't bounce.

And just to clarify, this slowdown just started happening? Has been fine for you for a while?

When the launcher is up, click on the little cog near the upper right corner. There are buttons for Verify and Optimize, do them in that order. Also make sure to have only one DX option selected. Sometimes if there's two there will be some problems. Try those one at a time and see if they work. If you uncheck both of them, it'll run in DX9 mode, so use that as a last attempt if performance doesn't bounce.

And just to clarify, this slowdown just started happening? Has been fine for you for a while?

Thank you.

The problem has been really the last couple of weeks. On my old 970 I could downsample to 1440p and my 1080 I could do 4k. Now I'm getting slowdown at 1080p. It's very weird.

I'll try what you suggested though.

Arrrammis

Saw this Warframe review pop up on gaming side yesterday: Warframe | The Review (2017)

It's nice to see a relevant (i.e. created after 2013), even if there are some small mistakes, which the creator has acknowledged:
Skill Up said:
Hi all- I wanted to issue some corrections:

1) There are raids- I just didn't know about them. I did some research on this but I confused them with something else, so I got this part wrong.
2) Oberon Prime is NOT behind a paywall. Again, I mixed this up with something else (where certain primes get 'vaulted' for a time). You can earn the new Prime Warframes for free from the start
3) The new Open World area due in September WILL NOT be procedurally generated. I read that the genesis of this was procedural, but I later learned that they settled on a hand-crafted lanscape.

There's probably other things I got wrong. It just goes to show you how much is in this game, since even after 70 hours (85 now!) I'm still learning about new features every day.

Thank you for all the support. Really glad you enjoyed the review, and if you aren't yet a Tenno, I hope you give it a try :)

This review captures most of my feelings about Warframe, and why I keep coming back after breaks.

Kinda wish the guy had dug a little deeper or asked around. There are tons of thriving Warframe communities he could have gotten those parts clarified before the video.

Also that the dude in gaming side hadn't turned it into a needless comparison thread. But that's Neogaf I guess.

Kinda wish the guy had dug a little deeper or asked around. There are tons of thriving Warframe communities he could have gotten those parts clarified before the video.

Also that the dude in gaming side hadn't turned it into a needless comparison thread. But that's Neogaf I guess.

Hell he could have gotten that stuff from this very community thread.

Saw that Warframe or Destiny 2 thread and decided i wont touch that thing with a 100 foot pole :/

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I just finished the tutorial missions and now I'm wondering what to do next? What are my goals? I used my 50 plat on 1 frame slot and 2x2 weapon slots but how do I get more frames and weapons? Right now I have a rifle and pistol only (plus the stick). It's quite overwhelming right now but it's a good game that's for sure.

Arrrammis

I just finished the tutorial missions and now I'm wondering what to do next? What are my goals? I used my 50 plat on 1 frame slot and 2x2 weapon slots but how do I get more frames and weapons? Right now I have a rifle and pistol only (plus the stick). It's quite overwhelming right now but it's a good game that's for sure.

For now, focus on completing missions to open up the map. Each relay to a new planet has different requirements to unlock from the previous planet, such as "defeat X boss at X node" or "survive X waves of defense at X". Whenever you unlock a new planet, it also gives you a bundle of things like mods, weapon blueprints, or new questlines.

For Waframes, most bosses drop a warframe's parts, which you'll then have to build using the foundry in your ship. Similarly, some bosses drop weapon blueprints, like Captain Vor on Mercury dropping the Lato blueprint. Keep in mind that all of these need various materials to build, so picking up whatever you find on the ground is really useful!

You can also buy the blueprints for most weapons in the market. Just select a weapon you want, and (provided it's not clan exclusive) you should be able to buy the blueprint for 20,000-75,000 credits. Also, some of the blueprints are locked behind MR level gates, but there are quite a few that you can build right off the bat once you get the credits and materials. It takes a while at first, but once you unlock more of the map, you get more alerts which can give you a ton of credits or resources, which is a great source of materials.

On a side note, if you go to Warframe's website, log in, and redeem the code "FREESWORD", you'll get a free weapon slot and Heat Sword on your account! It doesn't show up in a message or anything, it's put straight into your inventory.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
For now, focus on completing missions to open up the map. Each relay to a new planet has different requirements to unlock from the previous planet, such as "defeat X boss at X node" or "survive X waves of defense at X". Whenever you unlock a new planet, it also gives you a bundle of things like mods, weapon blueprints, or new questlines.

For Waframes, most bosses drop a warframe's parts, which you'll then have to build using the foundry in your ship. Similarly, some bosses drop weapon blueprints, like Captain Vor on Mercury dropping the Lato blueprint. Keep in mind that all of these need various materials to build, so picking up whatever you find on the ground is really useful!

You can also buy the blueprints for most weapons in the market. Just select a weapon you want, and (provided it's not clan exclusive) you should be able to buy the blueprint for 20,000-75,000 credits. Also, some of the blueprints are locked behind MR level gates, but there are quite a few that you can build right off the bat once you get the credits and materials. It takes a while at first, but once you unlock more of the map, you get more alerts which can give you a ton of credits or resources, which is a great source of materials.

On a side note, if you go to Warframe's website, log in, and redeem the code "FREESWORD", you'll get a free weapon slot and Heat Sword on your account! It doesn't show up in a message or anything, it's put straight into your inventory.

Thanks for the code tip, I just redeemed it now. As for the map, I find it hard to tell which missions I've actually done or not, I guess I'm just missing something.

VandalD

Extremely pleased with Zenith. It's exactly what I wanted it to be, a better Braton Prime. It's too bad it's locked away behind 500 days of logins, but on the other hand, it's a solid reward.
Thanks for the code tip, I just resend it now. As for the map, I find it hard to tell which missions I've actually done or not, I guess I'm just missing something.
Missions you've not done yet will be blinking blue.

Arrrammis

Thanks for the code tip, I just resend it now. As for the map, I find it hard to tell which missions I've actually done or not, I guess I'm just missing something.

The missions that you haven't done yet (but are able to do) are blue on the map, and the ones that you haven't done and can't do are covered by a padlock symbol. Generally you need to clear a path to these missions to unlock them, I don't think there are any with special requirements beyond that in the first few planets.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I just finished watching the Skill Up review and damn, it's insanely impressive what the devs have done with the game with such a small team, it really makes you wonder what the fuck big developers are doing with their time and budget when they keep putting out buggy shit with performance issues and lack of content while charging £40 + £20 at launch. Also I really like this Skill Up dude, I've never heard of him before but he's really easy to listen to.

So I was having a blast with Valkyr and a Mios w/ Blood Rush until i tried out Harrow and Octavia. Holy shit are those frames amazing. Octavia is a blast. Love doing a close quarters defense mission with her and just having the music jamming with your destroying mobs.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
for those who have dealt with the prime vault stuff before, how common is it to end up in a void relic group with somebody running a relic with vaulted items?

I am really disappointed it doesn't look like I am going to get these stupid blueprints in time.

Also, I swear every time I refine a relic I end up getting a common drop. I probably have better luck with the vanilla relics

for those who have dealt with the prime vault stuff before, how common is it to end up in a void relic group with somebody running a relic with vaulted items?

I am really disappointed it doesn't look like I am going to get these stupid blueprints in time.

Also, I swear every time I refine a relic I end up getting a common drop. I probably have better luck with the vanilla relics

Most people are going to be running with junk or something for forma, in just random pub groups. Use recruiting or ask in alliance chat to see if there's anyone who can run for something refined. Refining a relic only bumps it up a little, but it's when you do it as a full group that the overall chance of that drop happening becomes something like 35%.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I have at least 10 Axi R1's farmed up now. Trying to decide if I want to blow a couple of these on radshares to try and complete a 2nd full Rhino set, or just take the safe money and sell them all in a couple weeks after the gold rush is over.

Rad relics aren't that great tbh, which is kinda unfortunate.

Glitches claims that RNGGod and Looticifer are fucking with me but the damage has been done and i've already lost faith :(

Most people are going to be running with junk or something for forma, in just random pub groups. Use recruiting or ask in alliance chat to see if there's anyone who can run for something refined. Refining a relic only bumps it up a little, but it's when you do it as a full group that the overall chance of that drop happening becomes something like 35%.

indeed.

I try to run stuff people could want, especially given how many things are apparently vaulted now LOL

Strider

Started playing recently and was wanting to start working on a second frame... I think with the new frame I wanna focus on a bow and arrow build but I'm not really knowledgeable about the game yet.

What frames would you guys suggest looking into that lend themselves well to a bow centric playstyle?

What frames would you guys suggest looking into that lend themselves well to a bow centric playstyle?

The lazy standard answer is "any frame", but at least Ivara and Loki are good for stealthy headshotting (Ivara is basically THE bow frame), and Banshee has the Sonar ability for weak spot crits. Unfortunately you need to go pretty far in the starchart to get Ivara or Loki; you can get Banshee via clan research.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
How do additional players affect rewards, mob difficulty etc? I'm mostly playing solo ATM so I can play at my pace, plus I notice quite a few people afk or semi afk, do they get full rewards for doing 10% of the work or is it based on how much you contribute? Do enemies gain more damage and HP per player? Do get more rewards/currency for multiplayer?

Strider

The lazy standard answer is "any frame", but at least Ivara and Loki are good for stealthy headshotting (Ivara is basically THE bow frame), and Banshee has the Sonar ability for weak spot crits. Unfortunately you need to go pretty far in the starchart to get Ivara or Loki; you can get Banshee via clan research.

Ok cool I'll check those out thanks!

And yea I know I can technically equip any weapon type on any frame but I'd rather have some amount of energy.

--

Also thanks for the heads up on the free sword code above. Just redeemed that as well as the twitch prime loot for the month.

VandalD

How do additional players affect rewards, mob difficulty etc? I'm mostly playing solo ATM so I can play at my pace, plus I notice quite a few people afk or semi afk, do they get full rewards for doing 10% of the work or is it based on how much you contribute? Do enemies gain more damage and HP per player? Do get more rewards/currency for multiplayer?
The only scaling in effect with more players is that there can be more enemies on the map at the same time. There are no loot, affinity, damage, or health multipliers as in something like Diablo. You just usually won't get very dense rooms of enemies while solo.

Contribution is weird. Basically, it doesn't matter if they're helping or not unless they stand still for a long time, in which case the AFK timer kicks in and they get nothing until they move a certain distance.

But I say it's weird because of how affinity gain works. When you kill something, a portion of the kill affinity goes to your frame and to the weapon that killed it. Unless it was killed by your frame, in which case your frame gets all of the affinity. However, if an ally kills something, and you are in affinity range of that ally, the affinity is split between your frame and all of your equipped weapons. In effect, this means it's much easier to rank up unranked, weak weapons by just standing around and letting your squad kill things for you, instead of doing so with your own powerful weapons or frame abilities. Of course, they would get a bit more affinity by trying to kill stuff with their weapon they're trying to rank up too, but people can get amazingly lazy about playing this game.

Numbers don't lie m'boy.

They do for me, they do for me :(

IIRC its usually just more enemies and based on the mission type (eg some of the Endless missions can have the enemies get stronger the longer you go on).

As for rewards most missions will give everyone the same main reward save for void fissure missions where the reward is based on the relic that each member has taken in. Secondary rewards such as resources gathered, mods dropped, endo collected, money dropped, etc will drop for everyone but can vary if the player decided to pickup these things.

From my experience afking is usually frowned upon and iirc DE have taken some steps to mitigate the issue. Usually if someone is doing it the rest of the team will either just let them get downed and die or some will just leave.

I have heard of players wanting the ability to kick these people but i assume DE hasn't placed anything yet because it could be used as a trolling tool also and they would have to set some "restraints"..

Edit: VandalD mentioned the XP/Affinity sharing system the game uses for squads which can be seen as advantageous to some and an annoyance to others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom