• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beck

As someone who just got back into the game after a three year hiatus, what's the general consensus on the Prime Vault? I've been going back and forth on whether or not I should buy it.

One of my favorite frames back in the day was Rhino, and the 1200 platinum seems pretty good, but I just wanted to see what everyone else thought.

As someone who just got back into the game after a three year hiatus, what's the general consensus on the Prime Vault? I've been going back and forth on whether or not I should buy it.

One of my favorite frames back in the day was Rhino, and the 1200 platinum seems pretty good, but I just wanted to see what everyone else thought.

Its kinda crappy they found a way to re sell stuff that they removed from the game because they wanted to fix something else plus the fix is already included but hey. *shrug*

wrongway

If you aim down sights and roll backwards, you'll instead pretend that you have a Dark Wood Grain Ring equipped.

lol, this is great. No spooky space ninja is complete without spooky space backflips.

Finally got a visit from the Stalker. Dude came in when I was doing a low level alert, so I killed him with my unranked Lex. No fancy loot though, just his emblem thing. :x

The melee one is useful in the niche case of seriously boosting Atlas' Landslide, but there's also a primed version of Heavy Impact if you were going to go for that kind of use.

Crap. Did not realize I needed Ducats lol. Didn't even know what they where. I don't have enough blue prints to trade in either. I've got a lot of relics that I was stockpiling for no particular reason though. Maybe I should just grind? Ugh. It's late... How often does Baro show up?

Saprol

t5lk21j.png

why is this even possible.
rage.gif

i managed a toxin/cold/crit chance roll though before this

Primus

Finally built my Soma Prime, took it for a spin.

I'm in love all over again. It's like Tonkor 1.0, except instead of massive explosions I'm sending hundreds of bullets downrange and into people's faces.

I am soooooooo gonna 6-Forma it.

Soma prime is a great gun. Mod it for criticals, never look back. Get bladed rounds for it if you can, it's a lot cheaper (like 10 times cheaper) than argon scope but just as good or better.

Well that's not entirely true. At higher levels it's more likely to proc argon scope than it is bladed rounds, since you don't need to have something die for argon scope to take effect. That said you're right in that it's so much cheaper it's almost hilarious.

Well that's not entirely true. At higher levels it's more likely to proc argon scope than it is bladed rounds, since you don't need to have something die for argon scope to take effect. That said you're right in that it's so much cheaper it's almost hilarious.

Still salty i was unable to get Argon Scope not once but 3 fucking times :(

But it was funny to hear that other mods such as bladed rounds and blood rush can hold their own pretty well.

Whats a good build for a Tigris nowadays

If you're at the point where Soma Prime can't kill anything quick enough to use bladed rounds, it might be time to bring a different gun.

blood rush can hold their own pretty well.

Whats a good build for a Tigris nowadays
Blood rush more than holds its own. It's become a capstone mod for critical hit weapons, or even non crit weapons if maiming strike is involved.

Regular and sancti Tigris are much improved with chilling reload or another reload speed mod. Aside from that, its all about the damage.

Tigris prime calls out for status mods. All 4 status/element mods will take it to 100% chance, the golden number of shotgun status where every pellet fire causes a status proc. Add in buzz kill and watch the two dozen slash procs bleed out enemies that somehow survive the initial hits.

Man, I just discovered the joy of sparring weapons. They're a lot of fun--e.g., for some reason some of their hits send enemies flying... way farther than anything else I've seen. The speed is also great.

All of this is without a stance mod, too.

VandalD

Man, I just discovered the joy of sparring weapons. They're a lot of fun--e.g., for some reason some of their hits send enemies flying... way farther than anything else I've seen. The speed is also great.

All of this is without a stance mod, too.
Enemies killed by blast or impact damage tend to go flying. If you're into sparring weapons, check out Hirudo if you haven't already. It doesn't have the high impact damage, but it heals you for 5% of your health on every crit, and it can easily be built as a crit weapon. Costs 3 Nitain to build though.

If you're at the point where Soma Prime can't kill anything quick enough to use bladed rounds, it might be time to bring a different gun.

Blood rush more than holds its own. It's become a capstone mod for critical hit weapons, or even non crit weapons if maiming strike is involved.

Regular and sancti Tigris are much improved with chilling reload or another reload speed mod. Aside from that, its all about the damage.

Tigris prime calls out for status mods. All 4 status/element mods will take it to 100% chance, the golden number of shotgun status where every pellet fire causes a status proc. Add in buzz kill and watch the two dozen slash procs bleed out enemies that somehow survive the initial hits.

So my 8k slash and 16k elemental damage build is still alright then?

Will keep that in mind re: Tigris Prime.

wrongway

Anyone who wants an alernative helmet for Ivara you still have 3 mins left until the alert is done.

fuuuu, just missed it. I don't have her yet but she looks cool and I'm all about collecting the alternate cosmetic stuff. :<

So speaking of weapons, what do you guys suggest for a go-to, serious business rifle that's accessable for a beginner? I've been doing a fair bit of dorking around with leveling various weapons, but so far nothing seems to outclass my little Boltor. And it's a fine gun for the most part, but the slow projectiles make it kind of annoying in certain missions, so I'd like to have a dependable hitscan gun.

If you have point strike and vital sense mods, check out the grakata. It's base damage is low but the critical and status numbers back it up to make it similar to the soma trading some critical damage/chance for status chance. Also, that fire rate.

If you are MR6 or higher, get the soma. Soma prime remains the gold standard of rifles in warframe.

wrongway

If you have point strike and vital sense mods, check out the grakata. It's base damage is low but the critical and status numbers back it up to make it similar to the soma trading some critical damage/chance for status chance. Also, that fire rate.

If you are MR6 or higher, get the soma. Soma prime remains the gold standard of rifles in warframe.

I've got Point Strike, and a Grakata actually. No Vital Sense yet though (I just got to Jupiter for what that's worth). It's a fun gun, but I feel like I don't quite have the kit to make it sing, so right now its ammo inefficiency is a drag on the more combat-heavy missions.

I actually just hit MR6 too and eyed the Soma, but the Grakata's ammo hungriness made me pull up short. Is it a little more forgiving on that front with basic mods?

Naite

Enemies killed by blast or impact damage tend to go flying. If you're into sparring weapons, check out Hirudo if you haven't already. It doesn't have the high impact damage, but it heals you for 5% of your health on every crit, and it can easily be built as a crit weapon. Costs 3 Nitain to build though.

For frames with more survivability or use a lot of energy, I prefer the Prisma Obex. Augment mod + Condition overload + blast status mods = stupid fun explosions with insane damage. Plus I love the glowing hands when you quick melee with them.

ViviOggi

Ok lads I need some help. This is my Braton Prime right now:

Unfortunately I'm still deadweight past the first sortie mission. What are the most important mods I should focus on for higher level enemies. and how many more formas should I expect to pump into this thing?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

Don't think I can make it better without 1. adding another forma for those last 2 points of hornet strike and/or 2. getting primed mods. I love this gun so much. It makes me moist a little bit every time I pull the trigger. I've used it to carry so many low rank primary and melee weapons. It's so overkill for most of the stuff I do I barely even get to see the multishot but when I'm endless farming excavators and the mobs are getting to level 100, that hydraulic crosshairs kicking in is such a ridiculous thing.

wrongway

Oh man, I'm in a Void map and this place is gorgeous.

However, it's kinda driving me crazy because I keep seeing chests on my radar that I can't reach lol. I swear there's a pile of them inside of a big gold sphere floating near the ceiling, but I don't see any way to open it. :(

edit: omg finally control modules

However, it's kinda driving me crazy because I keep seeing chests on my radar that I can't reach lol. I swear there's a pile of them inside of a big gold sphere floating near the ceiling, but I don't see any way to open it.
Lots of secret pressure plates in the void. In this case, you're probably looking at one of two spheres that open up in the same room when you step on the pressure plate in the middle of it.

It really helps having and explosive or punch through weapon.

Don't think I can make it better without 1. adding another forma for those last 2 points of hornet strike and/or 2. getting primed mods. I love this gun so much.
Lex prime is an amazing gun. Aside from what you listed, the options are finding a riven Mod or stepping up to the AkLex.

Primus

That reminds me, I need to take my 3 Grakata loadout out of the closet and see if it is still as hilarious as it was when the Twin Grakatas first came out.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Damn, so close to actually getting Rhino Prime

just need the blueprint, I have everything else

unfortunately I haven't unlocked all the planets so so I can't run Axi relic deals anymore

Arrrammis

Does anyone have a Nyx Prime Chassis blueprint that they'd be willing to trade for something? I have the other parts from old relics but haven't had any luck with the chassis.

So, the other day I encountered the stalker. Apparently he was after this other guy. We spent like 5 minutes hacking away at him and he dropped some throwing knives called despair. They any good or should I scrap them after I level them? I'm trying to be choosey right now which weapons I take out of the foundry. I don't want to take up all my inventory space and have to throw away some that are good to make room for MR fodder.

Unfortunately I'm still deadweight past the first sortie mission. What are the most important mods I should focus on for higher level enemies. and how many more formas should I expect to pump into this thing?
Get more elemental /status mods. Fire and Ice ones should still drop in various missions. Baro will sell electrical/status mods some time, so pick them up when they come around again. Otherwise, focus on keeping your corrosive damage higher than the others and try to get your hands on Heavy Caliber to bump your base damage.
he dropped some throwing knives called despair. They any good or should I scrap them after I level them? I don't want to take up all my inventory space and have to throw away some that are good to make room for MR fodder.
Despair is ok for being MR0. Moderate damage and decent attack speed but no status or crit chance. Not really worth much except the novelty.

ViviOggi

Get more elemental /status mods. Fire and Ice ones should still drop in various missions. Baro will sell electrical/status mods some time, so pick them up when they come around again. Otherwise, focus on keeping your corrosive damage higher than the others and try to get your hands on Heavy Caliber to bump your base damage.

Thanks!

Despair is ok for being MR0. Moderate damage and decent attack speed but no status or crit chance. Not really worth much except the novelty.

Mk. I'm MR5 right now btw. I haven't taken them out of the foundry yet. Which leads to my next question... How many things that are already built can be sitting in the foundry? Is there a limit?

VandalD

Mk. I'm MR5 right now btw. I haven't taken them out of the foundry yet. Which leads to my next question... How many things that are already built can be sitting in the foundry? Is there a limit?
There's no limit for what you have in your foundry. Only when you claim something does it take up limited slots.

Tabby

So, the other day I encountered the stalker. Apparently he was after this other guy. We spent like 5 minutes hacking away at him and he dropped some throwing knives called despair. They any good or should I scrap them after I level them? I'm trying to be choosey right now which weapons I take out of the foundry. I don't want to take up all my inventory space and have to throw away some that are good to make room for MR fodder.

The only weapon that you want from the Stalker is the Dread, but I'd still keep Despair for the novelty. If you scrap it now you'll likely never get him to drop it again.

wrongway

Aw man. I just did a special no-shield challenge mission that had Hammer Shot as a reward. Took me forever to creep through since I have no ways to heal myself yet and the critters were like level 28-30. Finally got through, and didn't get the mod. I take it you have to COMPLETE special missions before they expire, and not just accept/start them? :x

Just the other day I thought, "I've never seen an Atlas helmet alert reward" and now I see one today, just now. Serendipitous, considering I only built Atlas a few days ago.
Damn, so close to actually getting Rhino Prime

just need the blueprint, I have everything else

unfortunately I haven't unlocked all the planets so so I can't run Axi relic deals anymore

I'm in the same position... except I'm thinking about buying it from the vault instead. I've come to realise Rhino is one of my favourite frames; high armour warframes are my jam, which makes Prime variants pretty slim pickings.

It's strange how sinking hours into a game changes the value proposition of what's there. I go from thinking, "75 plat is an outrageous price," to "this 500 plat bundle seems pretty good!"

Aw man. I just did a special no-shield challenge mission that had Hammer Shot as a reward. Took me forever to creep through since I have no ways to heal myself yet and the critters were like level 28-30. Finally got through, and didn't get the mod. I take it you have to COMPLETE special missions before they expire, and not just accept/start them? :x

I think you need to complete the alert within an hour of it expiring, so... maybe you creeped really slowly? Rhino is a good frame to bring to nightmare alerts, because he doesn't have to care about missing shields.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom