• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Mrcapcom

Is it true if you don't login you can keep the infinity booster? I haven't logged in yet to get any of my stuff from the event yet.

Surge

I hate it when I can't be active for longer than a day.

The internet connection in my area has been having a lot of problems off and on over the past few days but AFAIK everything is back up and running like it should be now.

I was hoping maybe someone could help me out later today though with trying to get the Rhino Prime BP? I don't have any T3 ext keys and getting them to drop as a reward seems impossible.

Mrcapcom

I hate it when I can't be active for longer than a day.

The internet connection in my area has been having a lot of problems off and on over the past few days but AFAIK everything is back up and running like it should be now.

I was hoping maybe someone could help me out later today though with trying to get the Rhino Prime BP? I don't have any T3 ext keys and getting them to drop as a reward seems impossible.

I'm always down to help, add me it just if we are on at the same time. I only have Rhino Prime Systems I think i have a couple T3 Keys as well.

What's considered the best secondary weapon (excluding prime ones)?
I used kunai for a while and just got akstiletto. They are fun. Is it worth putting catalyst in them?

Dave1988

What's considered the best secondary weapon (excluding prime ones)?
I used kunai for a while and just got akstiletto. They are fun. Is it worth putting catalyst in them?

If you're Mastery Rank 5, get the Marelok BP from the Dojo's Research Lab. It's currently one of the highest DPS secondaries in the game.

The AkMagnus are also a very viable choice since they don't have a Mastery Rank requirement and you can buy all the Blueprints from the Marketplace. Not to mention that they pack a hell of a punch.

Mrcapcom

If you're Mastery Rank 5, get the Marelok BP from the Dojo's Research Lab. It's currently one of the highest DPS secondaries in the game.

The AkMagnus are also a very viable choice since they don't have a Mastery Rank requirement and you can buy all the Blueprints from the Marketplace. Not to mention that they pack a hell of a punch.

Thats great to know I haven't really found any other primaries that I like other than the Kunai. The Dual Bronco was cool for awhile but I got bored. I have the Cestra but that got boring too lol anyone like Dual Cestras?

Yeah, I'm rank 5.
I think I'll try Marelok first.
Akmagnus will take 3 days to craft, since I need two Magnus first, if I understand it right.

Helscream

Banned
First of all, my question wasn't snide. You overestimate your ability to gauge an attitude through text. I didn't really take your answer to be dickish, either. Seems like projection on your end.

Dont give me this bullshit pretending your statment was suppose to be ambiguous. There's a multitude of ways you could have worded your question. Yet you chose to pose a question that insinuates im just blowing hot air out my ass. And I dont need to use my "projection" to interpret the fucking obvious. Out of all the comments in reponse to my statement yours was the only one I had to engage.

Second, I didn't claim you said we would bring in randoms. That's what the question mark was for, and I really think that at least that should be obvious to a competent reader.

As I said the way you chose to word your question insinuated I wanted to start filling our clan up with randoms. I dont have to be some grand master in linguistics to get that impression.

I just honestly don't know what the point of kicking people out is if there's no one to replace them with. I was hoping you'd fill in that blank for me.

With people who fucking play the game. Thats my answer to fill in the blank.

If someone hasnt logged in 22 days and didnt even bother to do a piss easy event for very desirable items that tells me they probably had all they wanted out of Warframe. So whats the point of them being in the clan?
I've already had to figure shit like this out with Molnizzle in days past. So I think this time I'll let Bitmap and Mookid solve this issue.

Dont give me this bullshit pretending your statment was suppose to be ambiguous. There's a multitude of ways you could have worded your question. Yet you chose to pose a question that insinuates im just blowing hot air out my ass. And I dont need to use my "projection" to interpret the fucking obvious. Out of all the comments in reponse to my statement yours was the only one I had to engage.

As I said the way you chose to word your question insinuated I wanted to start filling our clan up with randoms. I dont have to be some grand master in linguistics to get that impression.

With people who fucking play the game. Thats my answer to fill in the blank.

If someone hasnt logged in 22 days and didnt even bother to do a piss easy event for very desirable items that tells me they probably had all they wanted out of Warframe. So whats the point of them being in the clan?
I've already had to figure shit like this out with Molnizzle in days past. So I think this time I'll let Bitmap and Mookid solve this issue.
Woah, you are pretty nutty.

No, my statement wasn't meant to be ambiguous. The intention was clear - it was a question in search of an answer.

Mrcapcom

So+much+cringe+_354af50fa5fe8b458a92f4a37b2354b0.png

Gai's your upsetting the lady frames

The prosecutors spawn randomly on Ceres missions. I watched a little bit of a guy playing on PC and it appeared to be 1-3 per mission.

Beacon drop is not guaranteed.

You need a total of 27 beacons to craft the key. There's 4 different types, as well.

Vay Hek drops parts for Hydroid.

It is unknown wether the Vay Hek key is reusable or is consumed once it is used.

In order to craft Hydroid, you need a new resource found in the Void - Argon crystals. The crystals replace gallium drops in the void.

Argon crystals vanish from your inventory 24 hours after they've been picked up.
I play this game solo and sometimes with a buddy of mine - so this looks like another event I'll barely dip my toes into. Forced co-op with matchmaking is OK, forced four player co-op (because you need four keys or four elements) with organization (to make sure you have four *different* keys or four *different* elements) and scheduling means this game is becoming less casual-friendly by the day. Sure, you could always join a clan, but then you get clan drama *cough*.

Also, yeah, that expiring resource doesn't give me good vibes.

If the expiring resource isn't too rare it won't be so bad. From the sound of it, at least one Hydroid component requires two crystals, so getting a pair of them within the same expiry window may be pretty brutal if they're really rare.

VariantX

The prosecutors spawn randomly on Ceres missions. I watched a little bit of a guy playing on PC and it appeared to be 1-3 per mission.

Beacon drop is not guaranteed.

You need a total of 27 beacons to craft the key. There's 4 different types, as well.

Vay Hek drops parts for Hydroid.

It is unknown wether the Vay Hek key is reusable or is consumed once it is used.

In order to craft Hydroid, you need a new resource found in the Void - Argon crystals. The crystals replace gallium drops in the void.

Argon crystals vanish from your inventory 24 hours after they've been picked up.

This sounds grindy and tedious as all hell. And that's IF the key is reusable. You can't even have the crystals already saved up already just to save time.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I play this game solo and sometimes with a buddy of mine - so this looks like another event I'll barely dip my toes into. Forced co-op with matchmaking is OK, forced four player co-op (because you need four keys or four elements) with organization (to make sure you have four *different* keys or four *different* elements) and scheduling means this game is becoming less casual-friendly by the day. Sure, you could always join a clan, but then you get clan drama *cough*.

Also, yeah, that expiring resource doesn't give me good vibes.

Sorry, I did not word it properly.

There's 4 types of beacons not keys. Which means on top of getting 27 of them, you also need the correct mix.

And this is not an event! That's just the regular, normal, way to get to Vay Hek from now on.

Not sure tbh

Lately I have done a bunch of ODD, defense, and survivor and not once have I had a T3 key of any kind drop as a reward.
Do harder survival missions (ones that start around ~20th level) and reach 15 minutes. You'll get a tier 2 or 3 tower key, but it looks like the best chances of nabbing a tower 3 key overall. You'll get another key every 20 minutes afterwards too (at 35 minutes, 55 minutes, etc) or you can just do another mission and reach 15 minutes again.

This is what I've been doing lately.

And this is not an event! That's just the regular, normal, way to get to Vay Hek from now on.
Haha, oh wow :)

DE really knows how to make this game needlessly confusing. Is this stuff spelled clearly anywhere in-game?

And yeah, when I was speaking of keys I was also referring to stuff like Orokin Derelict vaults and those weird Dragon Keys. Stuff that I'll probably never do.

VariantX

So uh... this isn't necessary right? I have no interest in Hydroid and this just seems like a nightmare to do.

I like this game enough to have played it over 115+ hrs. No way in hell will I be jumping through flaming hoops for something like that. Melee 2.0 feels pretty good since targets actually reel back from melee hits now.

Your intention to be a smart ass was clear and now I am nutty for not putting up with it?

Really dude? -_-
I really wasn't being a smartass. You just created this whole weird battle in your mind, but I'm not interested in taking part of it. I'm not going to argue about the literary interpretation of a single sentence. I am just going to let you know, just like before: no harm was intended, and no 'tude was present.

I honestly thought we'd end it on an amiable note after my last post, but then you just kept going to town. In my mind, if A says something innocuous to B, B has a hostile response, A says that no harm was intended, and then B comes back even more hostile...yeah, that's pretty nutty. I mean, why would I lie to you? Do you think I am trying to save WarframeGAF-face, or something?

The more I think about these Argon Crystals and their expiring nature the more I think this might be the beginning of the end of this game for me. Its not a good sign at all.

or as a buddy put it over IM just a second ago:

Its one of those concepts that sounds cool for about 3 seconds and then you go "hey fuck you, that's my time you're decaying"

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Helscream and Karsticles, please stay civil.

I am sure no ill will was intended by either of you.

This is a complicated issue and we'll need to stay together and make decisions together.

Parmenide

I'm sorry DE but this thing about decaying resources is total bullshit. Oxium farming was the borderline of tolerable and now you have crossed it.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Good news everyone!

They have greatly increased the spawn of the enemies who drop vay hek key components. Now it is way, way easier to acquire the key.

Stance mods are apparently a bit scarce too.

Pretty glad I'm on PS4 right now. I bet this will be much more polished by the time it hits us.

Stance mods are apparently a bit scarce too.

Pretty glad I'm on PS4 right now. I bet this will be much more polished by the time it hits us.

Yep, which is why I wasn't too worried when I heard the farming requirements.

You always got to wait a few weeks before DE straighten out their updates.

Edgeward

I havent even made anything yet because oxium farming is annoying without a mag or top tier gun. Once I make an extractor or two from it that is all I will do for oxium.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I haven't played the game in weeks. Everything you're talking about is so foreign. Where am I.

This is novais350 BTW.

If that's the case, you've probably been booted for inactivity. I say this because (I think) I may have been the one who booted you. Feliz navidad.

Also, I skip out on this thread for a couple of days and y'all start acting like you've been drinking the water in Chernobyl o_O

FUME5

If that's the case, you've probably been booted for inactivity. I say this because (I think) I may have been the one who booted you. Feliz navidad.

Also, I skip out on this thread for a couple of days and y'all start acting like you've been drinking the water in Chernobyl o_O

Quickest way to get radioactive powers. At least that's what Putin told me.

Liljagare

Gotta touch on this again, since I am getting more and more into higher void missions.

I am going nuts over my reportedly NAT restricted, please forward upd port 3960 and 3962, I have opened all sorts of ports on my router, but it won't go away.

Funnily enough, if Helscream hosts, I have no issues with joining, almost everyone else, fail to connect.

But, if I host, people seem to be able to join just fine.

It's the randoms that don't work at all to join it seems.

Is this normal, or do I need to beat up the router some more? It's a Thomson 789, w. fiber, might have to ask the supplier to bridge it in the end.. :\

SnakeEyes

Banned
Gotta touch on this again, since I am getting more and more into higher void missions.

I am going nuts over my reportedly NAT restricted, please forward upd port 3960 and 3962, I have opened all sorts of ports on my router, but it won't go away.

Funnily enough, if Helscream hosts, I have no issues with joining, almost everyone else, fail to connect.

But, if I host, people seem to be able to join just fine.

It's the randoms that don't work at all to join it seems.

Is this normal, or do I need to beat up the router some more? It's a Thomson 789, w. fiber, might have to ask the supplier to bridge it in the end.. :\
May be a silly question, but do you have your console in the DMZ as well?

Liljagare

Well, this is the issue, the company that gives you it, has their own code installed onto it, so they REMOVED DMZ.

Also, it seems like Upnp is buggy, turn off twice, turn on once, it might work.. :p

Starting to wonder if I shouldn't bother, and just bridge it, got a nice ASUS router I can use, but I also have IP-TV and IP-Phone through it.

the whole thing with those crystal is just stupid. I'm guessing DE's sales department or whatever looked at the numbers and was like "well, not enough ppl were buying frames with plat, let's get the guys in the back to figure out some way to make it such a pain in the ass to get the new frame they'll have to use plat!" I hate this line of thinking, even thou I can understand it on the business side. a good f2p game should give player a positive motivation to buy stuff instead of forcing them to do so. and for the record, I did buy plat for this game, in fact I bought the highest price package after getting the $10 one and I don't regret it so far. but this new step is just stupid and greedy. making the crystals void only is bad enough but with a timer on them that expires on the daily reward refresh clock is stupid as all fuck. I might skip on this new frame until they change it... we'll see I guess (I still have enough plat to get a new frame if I have to but no way in hell I'll support this new move)

So I've been playing these Tier 3 Survival missions in an attempt to get some Tower 3 Void Survival keys to help a buddy get Rhino Prime parts. So far, no luck, but we've now got plenty of Tower 2 keys and non-survival Tower 3 keys from running those high level missions.

So we decide to change things up this evening and forma our primaries and run some lower level missions with em - my buddy polarizes his Gorgon for the fourth time, I forma the Soma for the same - and we run the very first defense mission on Mercury, (level range 1 to 5) to bloody em up enough to slap some mods in and wham - at 10 waves we get a Tower 3 Survival Key, like seriously discounted mana from the heavens.

Then, since our rifles went up 6 levels in that time - thanks to Lotus and her affinity booster - we hightail it to the first Earth defense mission - to rank up our stuff, to get a chance at Fever Strike (a toxin damage mod for melee weapons), and to generally blow shit up (always the #1 goal) - 15 waves later we get, wouldn't you know it, a Tower 3 Survival key.

Two Tower 3 Survival Keys - and not from some high level Survival mission at wave 15, and not from facing 45th+ level enemies on Pluto, but out of the blue from the very earliest missions in the game. And not just tonight - the last Tower 3 key I got was a reward from that same first defense mission on Mercury, running it solo this last weekend.

RNG is a fickle temptress, but she's literally taking it easy as of late.

IvorB

Well, this is the issue, the company that gives you it, has their own code installed onto it, so they REMOVED DMZ.

Also, it seems like Upnp is buggy, turn off twice, turn on once, it might work.. :p

Starting to wonder if I shouldn't bother, and just bridge it, got a nice ASUS router I can use, but I also have IP-TV and IP-Phone through it.

I had the same issue as you, tormented by strict NAT. People could join me but I could not join other games. I tried forwarding for Warframe ports and Sony PSN ports but it did not help. Only assigning PS4 IP address to the DMZ solved the issue. If your ISP has removed DMZ option I would suggest buying a new router so you have control over this feature.

Top Bottom