• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

yankeehater, didn't see u there qhen I got on around 9:30pm PST, I'll be back around Saturday (out of town for work), look me up then if u still don't have Streamline.

So glad I saw you this morning. I must have just missed you last night. I was on until 9:30, but I get up at 5 for work so I had to get off. Thank you so much.

Does anyone know the best way to get fusion cores? I did 9 successful missions yesterday and only got 1 core. It sucks to keep getting ammo drums and other useless stuff when I really need cores so I can level up all my mods.

bLaiSe

So glad I saw you this morning. I must have just missed you last night. I was on until 9:30, but I get up at 5 for work so I had to get off. Thank you so much.

Does anyone know the best way to get fusion cores? I did 9 successful missions yesterday and only got 1 core. It sucks to keep getting ammo drums and other useless stuff when I really need cores so I can level up all my mods.
ODD is a good way to farm some cores.

Defense and survival missions in general are great for getting cores plus other random stuff, just have to make sure u go pick them up along the way if u don't have Carrier.

Hoodbury

Have a couple more questions/comments.

1. I've been getting a lot of Host migrations lately. But 90% of the time it doesn't work and just shoots me back to the star map which is really frustrating when you're deep into the mission. The other 10% of the time it acts like the host migration works and it keeps me in the level but I'm the only one there. Is this happening to you guys too or is something going wonky on my end? Are there ports I should open on my router for this game or do you guys DMZ your PS4? I haven't done anything yet with my router and the PS4 yet. I'm starting to think it's on my end because I seem to get a lot of lag in some levels and it has been kicking me out back to the "Press X to play" screen randomly saying I lost connection to the server even when I'm just in a menu. Last night it even did it the second after it did my login reward.

2. What is G3 I see you guys joining up for in the chat a lot? Is that high level stuff I shouldn't worry about yet or is it something I could ask to join in on?

3. Aura mods. Are these things as awesome as they seem? Didn't even realize I had one until last night and plugged it in and get the bonuses plus 5 free points to spend on regular mods.
3b. The one I have gives + 20% to sniper damage. I have the Dread bow equipped, do bows count for getting sniper damage bonuses? I pick up sniper ammo from the ground so I thought so, but not sure.

4. Got my potatoes from last nights event. Would using it on the Dread bow be a good use for my first one? I am having a fun time using it but don't want to waste the potato if that would be a dumb move.

5. What's the story with these rank up tests? They seem laughable so far. Just did the 4th one where you have to survive for 1:30. All I did was run around and never got touched. The first 3 weapon ones were a joke as well. Do they get tougher later on?

6. Wow at the speed difference going from Loki to Rhino. I read that he is slower and the Loki is a faster warframe but damn, I wasn't expecting the difference to be that big. I feel like a sloth, lol.

Ocelott

Took a break from the game and came back to a very Polished updated...I played for like 5 hours last night I am back in

Orokin Derelict Defense. Make sure to bring a Nekros with you.

I do have a key for that. I just need to find people do do those missions. I tried to solo it with my nova, but the enemies just do to much damage to the artifact. M. Prime cant keep up with them all.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Have a couple more questions/comments.

1. I've been getting a lot of Host migrations lately. But 90% of the time it doesn't work and just shoots me back to the star map which is really frustrating when you're deep into the mission. The other 10% of the time it acts like the host migration works and it keeps me in the level but I'm the only one there. Is this happening to you guys too or is something going wonky on my end? Are there ports I should open on my router for this game or do you guys DMZ your PS4? I haven't done anything yet with my router and the PS4 yet. I'm starting to think it's on my end because I seem to get a lot of lag in some levels and it has been kicking me out back to the "Press X to play" screen randomly saying I lost connection to the server even when I'm just in a menu. Last night it even did it the second after it did my login reward.

Welcome to betaframe. Try opening the ports on your router.

2. What is G3 I see you guys joining up for in the chat a lot? Is that high level stuff I shouldn't worry about yet or is it something I could ask to join in on?

The Three Musgrineer, aka Grustrag Three. They drop some fancy stuff, but they're a bit tough. Still in a group with us should be good.

3. Aura mods. Are these things as awesome as they seem? Didn't even realize I had one until last night and plugged it in and get the bonuses plus 5 free points to spend on regular mods.

Totally. 5 points if wrong polarity, 7 points if no polarity and a whopping 14 points if the aura slot has the same polarity as the aura card. Forma'ing the aura slot to match Energy Syphon is popular.

3b. The one I have gives + 20% to sniper damage. I have the Dread bow equipped, do bows count for getting sniper damage bonuses? I pick up sniper ammo from the ground so I thought so, but not sure.

Afaik for bows you still need to use rifle amp. Might want to test it.

4. Got my potatoes from last nights event. Would using it on the Dread bow be a good use for my first one? I am having a fun time using it but don't want to waste the potato if that would be a dumb move.

The Dread is an awesome weapon. If you enjoy its quirks, sure.

5. What's the story with these rank up tests? They seem laughable so far. Just did the 4th one where you have to survive for 1:30. All I did was run around and never got touched. The first 3 weapon ones were a joke as well. Do they get tougher later on?

Somehow, but never super hard. Except the wallrun test.

6. Wow at the speed difference going from Loki to Rhino. I read that he is slower and the Loki is a faster warframe but damn, I wasn't expecting the difference to be that big. I feel like a sloth, lol.

Rhino Prime with bacon helm is as fast as Loki. Stat helms are going to be removed tho, so...

Hope it helps.

Cronnie

Yeah I believe Dead Eye doesn't work with bows, I thought it might work since bows use sniper ammo, but it didn't when I tested it out with my Dread a few weeks ago.

So unless they've recently changed that you'll need to use Rifle Amp instead as Bitmap has said. Rifle Amp is a better aura anyway as it works with the snipers and bows along with the rifles, and when maxed provides better damage.

Hoodbury

Alright thanks guys. It's the only Aura mod I have right now so I'll just keep it in for the 14 free mod points. Just double checked and it has the correct polarity already and now I remember it was 14, not 5.

Thanks for clan invite.

What is the best way to rank up?
I'm a bit past 5 right now and it's going rather slow. I just want to craft my Soma!
Is Rank 6 the last XP lock for equipment?

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Thanks for clan invite.

What is the best way to rank up?
I'm a bit past 5 right now and it's going rather slow. I just want to craft my Soma!
Is Rank 6 the last XP lock for equipment?

Warframes give the most rank XP. Get more warframes.

Some clan tech weapons require rank 8. That's the last xp lock.

Helscream

Banned
1st Place - RIPS of the Lotus
158047 Points (1580.47 Points Per player out of 100 player capacity)

2nd Place - NeoGAF
111941 Points (1119.41 Points Per player out of 100 player capacity)

We lost to a 46,106 point deficit. Thats a large margin. Considering most of the people in our clan who participated scored over 2000 it is plausible that we lost to half (or more) of our player base is inactive. Which means with our current score if atleast those who scored 2000 points. Your basically looking at 55/100 players are active in the clan. If you bump that number up to 2300 then only around 48/100 players are active.

This inactivity will only get worse. Either we forget about aspiring to be a Top Clan or cut loose the dead weight.

manfestival

I just built my first weapon (the latron). My buddy says it sucks but it seems to be really useful except in big clumps. Is it really a bad gun or my friend is just being lame? I am still rocking my starting excalibur and I think im rank 22 right now. However, I feel like I finally have direction and have somewhat of a clue as to whats going on in the game for the first time.

Hoodbury

2nd Place - NeoGAF

We lost to a 46,106 point deficit. Thats a large margin. Considering most of the people in our clan who participated scored over 2000 it is plausible that we lost to half (or more) of our player base is inactive. Which means with our current score if atleast those who scored 2000 points. Your basically looking at 55/100 players are active in the clan. If you bump that number up to 2300 then only around 48/100 players are active.

This inactivity will only get worse. Either we forget about aspiring to be a Top Clan or cut loose the dead weight.
Second place is still pretty good though isn't it? But yeah, I can agree inactivity will only get worse as more games start to come out for PS4.

Does this mean we'll get our rewards today for the event?

Hoodbury

I just built my first weapon (the latron). My buddy says it sucks but it seems to be really useful except in big clumps. Is it really a bad gun or my friend is just being lame? I am still rocking my starting excalibur and I think im rank 22 right now. However, I feel like I finally have direction and have somewhat of a clue as to whats going on in the game for the first time.
Seems fine based on what the Wiki says about it. It's just more a take aim and make each shot count kind of gun instead of a spray-n-pray. And what I've found out so far is that it doesn't really matter too much this early on in the game. You'll get it up to level 30 in a few days and just move on to the next gun.
Rewards are already out.

Cool, this was my first event, do they just send the rewards in the inbox thing? Or did I already get them after I completed the mission for it? I can't remember what I got when that finished.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

2nd Place - NeoGAF

While this is true and we will have to do something about it...

THE TROPHIES ARE IN THE DOJO! PLEASE CONTRIBUTE!

LakeEarth

Finally got my main weapon to level 30. Now to figure out what weapon blueprint I should get for a cool non-machine gun weapon if I've only made it up to Europa.

Dave1988

Solar Rails introduction video.

1396986671108juuxp.jpg

FUME5

I'll show up for events, but I certainly won't be playing anywhere near as much as I did when it first came out. I'll understand if you need the space.

2nd Place - NeoGAF

Cut the dead weight and replace it with...what? Randoms?

Amon37

Dead weight is why I havent asked for an invite to the clan though I love learning from you guys.

My work schedule only allows playing for 3 or 4 nights a week and my family life means the playing hours are between midnight and 6am pacific time.

I'll accept an invite if sent but ill be of limited help during events.

Psn is amon37

bebop242

Dead weight is why I havent asked for an invite to the clan though I love learning from you guys.

My work schedule only allows playing for 3 or 4 nights a week and my family life means the playing hours are between midnight and 6am pacific time.

Psn is amon37

Even with your schedule, you would have been able to do your part. The whole event only take 1-2 hours and there was 10 days to do it.

Psn is amon37
Even 1 night a week is higher than our average. ;-)

With people who play the fucking game.

Well, NeoGAF is not supplying enough players, that's for sure.
Why call it clan NeoGAF, then?

Whatever though, it's not my clan.

I understand the disappointment - it stinks to drop from 1st to 2nd.

That said, some perspective: We are the only storm clan to place in the top 3 in both events. The only other top 10 storm clan to make a repeat performance, Shogun, dropped from 5th to 9th place. It's possible some of these clans upped their cap between events, but none of them registered in the top 10 if that's the case.

Clearly RIPS of the Lotus put in a huge consolidated effort for this event, and we need to up our game next round, but also we deserve a little congrats for our staying power thus far. I also note that the margin between 3rd and 2nd is quite close - Kudos to those who redid the event to up their score a bit or to help late runners get in a score.

We may have not won the battle, but we are still unrivalled in the war. Let's enjoy our new dojo trophy and prepare for the star rails :)

Helscream

Banned
Why call it clan NeoGAF, then?

Whatever though, it's not my clan.

First off when I get asked a snide question I will respond with a equally dickish answer.
Secondly, contrary to how you framed your question. I didnt say anything about bringing in randoms.
Thirdly this is "our" clan so Bitmap neither I would reject a suggestion outright from anyone.

The only reason Molnizzle(was), Bitmapfrogs, Das_Mookid and I are in a position of leadership is because it was defaulted to us. The jackass who started the clan didnt do anything so someone needed to intervene. Or we would have been screwed with clan progression/research. The point of my statement was to define the only two options we have. We either just rank up to Moutain Clan and invite anyone and everyone and not worry about activity nor bother with competition of the present and future. Or we go back with a fine tooth comb and trim the fat. Inactivity will obviously become worse as time progresses and investing alot of time and effort without placing in the top three would be a waste when you can score the bare minimum and still get all the rewards.

manfestival

Ok so I am pretty pleased so far with the performance and the mods I adjusted on my new primary so far. So my new question is, should I make a sentinel first or start working straight for a new warframe? I think my warframe is now rank 25

Hello Tenno!

This evening we have submitted a build to cert to with a handful of changes and potential improvements to Warframe! Also in this build is the free Dex Furis Anniversary Weapon and the Proto Armour Anniversary Skin! This build will allow users to select their Region as well as potentially improve networking issues.

We will let you know when we hear about the status of the build.

what if i dont have any free weapon slots?

Edgeward

Ok so I am pretty pleased so far with the performance and the mods I adjusted on my new primary so far. So my new question is, should I make a sentinel first or start working straight for a new warframe? I think my warframe is now rank 25

Build a carrier. It will help make collecting materials easier.

ZangBa

I have 2 potatoes and don't know what frames I want to use them on. I'm choosing between Vauban, Frost Prime, Nekros and Volt. Vauban is probably my favorite frame in the game right now so I'm probably going to use 1 on him. I also have about 7 blue potatoes and no idea what to do with them.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

We have spots open in the clan if you are interested.

I would acquire a second warframe first.

Edgeward

I have 2 potatoes and don't know what frames I want to use them on. I'm choosing between Vauban, Frost Prime, Nekros and Volt. Vauban is probably my favorite frame in the game right now so I'm probably going to use 1 on him. I also have about 7 blue potatoes and no idea what to do with them.

What mastery rank are you at?

You could go for Nekros so it makes farming easier since Frost is redundant for defense missions because you have Vauban.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

So many weapons deserving a potato...

ZangBa

What mastery rank are you at?

You could go for Nekros so it makes farming easier since Frost is redundant for defense missions because you have Vauban.

Rank 8 I believe. It's the one after running on walls and shooting white orbs. I must have failed it like 8 times because I'd make it to the last set of walls and my frame would refuse to wall-run and instead run up vertically.

Edgeward

Rank 8 I believe. It's the one after running on walls and shooting white orbs. I must have failed it like 8 times because I'd make it to the last set of walls and my frame would refuse to wall-run and instead run up vertically.

Galatine, Synapse, Soma, Dread, gorgon Prime, dual magnums/revolvers are some of my favorites and are worth potatoing

ZangBa

Galatine, Synapse, Soma, Dread, gorgon Prime, dual magnums/revolvers are some of my favorites and are worth potatoing

Galatine - I have this one and it's great, but I just don't see the point in using a potato on a melee weapon right now.

Synapse - I was going to make this soon, but I somehow became incredibly credit poor.

Soma - I actually have this one potatoed. Probably my 2nd favorite weapon so far.

Dread - didn't like this one too much, but I don't have the mod that gives it an explosion effect.

Gorgon Wraith? - leveling it ATM but I don't like it too much.

Akmagnus - making one right now, actually.

Only other weapon I have potatoed is Sobek I think. Sobek is my favorite gun in the game right now.

Liljagare

I actually like the gorgon wraith so far.. :}

Was just about in need of a new weapon to level too, so it fit well all around.

I had thunderbolt on my dread but then found split chamber.
I couldn't use both with my build so dropped thunderbolt hard.
Dread is so powerful, and critical every arrow/multi arrow.

Mrcapcom

So what would be the fastest frame to solo OD's? I'm usually on at odd times and I figure if I can run to and find the vault I could maybe have the correct dragon key and get some OD mods that I want. What would be the best frame to do this with?

Top Bottom