• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Korten

Banned
Just have to say guys: Sykotik is a great guy and gamer. :D

I needed some help and he helped me and now my Dual Zoren is in the mixer to be crafted within 11 hours! Woo. :D

Hopefully the guild can reward this behavior, really nice is everyone is willing to help each other. :D Once I get strong enough hopefully I will as well. :)

Mag. Pull all day
That pull ability is something else.

We kept joking about it the other night. Its supposed to pull enemies towards you and stun them, but most of the time it just kills the lot of them. At the wave of her hand. Pretty awesome little power there, and at low cost ta boot.

But I'm still loving my Excalibur with Glaive action, but most of that is Dark Sector end-game memories coming back. Next up for me is a Volt warframe if things work out.

molnizzle

I definitely regret it, I didn't know the choice was permanent. I chose Excalibur since all the loading screens told me it was the "starter" 'frame. I'm pretty pissed about how that whole system works. They should just give you Mag from the get-go.

Oh well. Finally got the Rhino Systems blueprint to drop. After a bit of farming tomorrow I should have a shiny new Rhino by the end of the week. The real Warframe starts here.

KiraXD

Irks me they don't bother to explain anything. They didn't make it clear whether that choice was permanent or otherwise.

I chose Excalibur. I don't necessarily regret it, but damn. Mag wrecks.

Is there a way to reset my choice? i was a bit confused at first too which is why i too chose Excalibur... was afraid it was permanent (although i DO love it so far... )

Im trying to farm the hell out of blueprints and materials though... i really want the Nekros and the Alternate Helmet

(the one on the left... makes it look like Eva Unit 3)
ibn3EwE4CN357P.jpg

Loudninja

Is there a way to reset my choice? i was a bit confused at first too which is why i too chose Excalibur... was afraid it was permanent (although i DO love it so far... )

Im trying to farm the hell out of blueprints and materials though... i really want the Nekros and the Alternate Helmet

(the one on the left... makes it look like Eva Unit 3)
ibn3EwE4CN357P.jpg
Yeah you can buy other Warframes with platinum.

I made a mistake and chose the wrong one so I had to switch :(

molnizzle

Yeah you can buy other Warframes with platinum.

I made a mistake and chose the wrong one so I had to switch :(

Don't gotta use plat, you can craft Warframes.

Is it? Can't you just go about crafting or buying another warframe?

Sure, and I could just play the game for another 2,000 hours and have all the Warframes. You're totally right!

The point is the devs should have made it clear on that selection screen that you're stuck with the 'frame you pick and can't switch to the other two without either buying them on the cash store or farming for the materials like anything else. I figured that I had access to all three of them from the beginning and could switch around.

Mrcapcom

I had crazy fun on the weekend got up to level 23+ on my Excalibur hes a beast. Right now collecting parts for Rhino I got all the 3 blueprints now i have to find the parts for the blueprints then buy the main blueprint and put him together.

Is there any word on when ps4 will get the update 11 ?

Anyone know how to run up the wall again? For some reason i kept getting stuck in areas where i saw others run up but i couldnt.

Sprint towards the wall and hold jump. If you let go of jump, you'll backflip off. If you continue to hold it and hit a ledge, you'll climb it.

In Update 11 (on PC at least) you won't have to sprint anymore to do it. I assume that will be the case on PS4 as well.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I've gone solo mostly just for this reason... Slow the fuck down people

I agree. It's confusing and unnecessary.

Also, if one of the 4 does not make it to the end in time, do rewards get affected? I picked up 4 upgrades throughout the level, then at the end I only had 1, while the others had 4 in the summary screen...

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Wait, why is MAG 175 platinum now? Was it just on sale during the PS4 launch week?

Man, this game doesn't explain anything. Hey, here's a bunch of weird words and weird ability names. No descriptions. Pick one and buy the rest.

Briarios

Yeah, the whole selection thing was a little annoying -- I picked Loki, but that really is a kind of style I like to play. Dropping decoys is crazy useful, especially in swarms. And, it's always cool to go invisible and walk through all the enemies to revive someone. That's a nice touch, by the way - being able to stay hidden while you revive teammates. Makes the power a lot more useful.

I may end up buying some platinum at some point just to support the developers - I'm having a ton of fun with the game, totally worth dropping $10 or $20 into it, in my opinion. After all, if someone doesn't they won't keep making content.

desverger

Yeah, the whole selection thing was a little annoying -- I picked Loki, but that really is a kind of style I like to play. Dropping decoys is crazy useful, especially in swarms. And, it's always cool to go invisible and walk through all the enemies to revive someone. That's a nice touch, by the way - being able to stay hidden while you revive teammates. Makes the power a lot more useful.

I may end up buying some platinum at some point just to support the developers - I'm having a ton of fun with the game, totally worth dropping $10 or $20 into it, in my opinion. After all, if someone doesn't they won't keep making content.

If you like stealth, you should build yourself the Galatine melee weapon. That thing is crazy coupled with the stealth attack bonus, I've seen hits of over 4000 and it can hit 5 targets in a wide arc.

Though it really needs some charge speed mods to really shine.

Sprint towards the wall and hold jump. If you let go of jump, you'll backflip off. If you continue to hold it and hit a ledge, you'll climb it.

In Update 11 (on PC at least) you won't have to sprint anymore to do it. I assume that will be the case on PS4 as well.

Ok thanks. Yeah i was hoping that a sprint straight up would just make it run up. Ill keep trying that.

molnizzle

What about the ground slide and air kick? I understand you initiate them both by starting a sprint and pressing L1. But why does it sometimes slide and sometimes roll? Or when attempting from the air, sometimes you do the drop kick and sometimes you just don't?

I definitely don't feel like a "badass space ninja" since my 'frame seems to have a mind of his own regardless of my controller input.

Mrcapcom

Run and hold L1 you will slide. Run Jump Hold L1 you will lok like ur air kicking but ur really starting the slide in mid air. Jump and Walk while shooting do a max payne type dive shoot type thing. Double tap L1 and Direction u roll in said direction

Fehyd

Banned
The slide melee is just so addictive. Once I got the hang of it I really started to feel the depth of the movement system. Just cutting a bloody swath on my way to an objective.

Spazznid

The slide melee is just so addictive. Once I got the hang of it I really started to feel the depth of the movement system. Just cutting a bloody swath on my way to an objective.

Run-Slide-Jump-Slide-Jump-Wallrun-Jump-Slide-Melee Repeat.

Half the fun of this game for the first 50 hours or so, was my nephew and I learning how to do what. Like Sliding up ramps, Slide-Jumping to reach places, etc. Good times.

Glaive is godlike...
Iddin it tho?

I had no idea - I just wanted something fun to use that looked cool. The mods I have slotted in right now make it death incarnate.

My only issue is that lag can be a bitch sometimes when trying to throw a charged shot. Sometimes it won't "go", and sometimes it'll just sit there for a few seconds and fire off a few seconds later leaving me without a melee weapon for the duration of its flight and rebound. But for the most part its great.

What about the ground slide and air kick? I understand you initiate them both by starting a sprint and pressing L1. But why does it sometimes slide and sometimes roll? Or when attempting from the air, sometimes you do the drop kick and sometimes you just don't?

I definitely don't feel like a "badass space ninja" since my 'frame seems to have a mind of his own regardless of my controller input.

If you tap sprint, you'll roll. You can only do the jump kick when you do a sprinting jump. I agree though. It doesn't feel that intuitive a lot of the time. You get used to it after a while though.

Run and hold L1 you will slide. Run Jump Hold L1 you will lok like ur air kicking but ur really starting the slide in mid air. Jump and Walk while shooting do a max payne type dive shoot type thing. Double tap L1 and Direction u roll in said direction
Technically, you are air kicking. You can actually jump kick a lot of the enemies and knock them down. It's a good technique for Ancient Disruptors/Healers.

BPoole

Run-Slide-Jump-Slide-Jump-Wallrun-Jump-Slide-Melee Repeat.

Half the fun of this game for the first 50 hours or so, was my nephew and I learning how to do what. Like Sliding up ramps, Slide-Jumping to reach places, etc. Good times.

If you really want to have to fun, buy the Kogake or Obex. They have a wall attack that deals 1000 damage by default, so you can wall run for a brief second, then jet off a wall and punch an ancient right in his face and kill him in one hit

Sykotik

Building dat Mag.

Excalibur's skills are powerful, but they require you to put yourself in dangerous positions, and he doesn't have much utility.

Helscream

Banned
Just thought I would let everyone know I have been hording all my void keys while I am powering up my warframe. I plan on using them exclusively for Clan sessions only to help maximize our forma count. I would suggest anyone who can do the same. Because apparently you need one forma blueprint for every forma you craft. Apparently when you craft something the blueprint is also consumed.

EDIT:

@_@

That would save me like 8 slots on my frame by combing the two.

I am actually stacking the Vigor mod with Vitality and Redirection mod. I am aiming for a tank-like build with my Rhino warframe. I read that when you cast ironskin it builds aggro. Figured this would be a good strategy if its true to help allow more energy centric warframes to use their abilities without drawing attention.

NeOak

Just thought I would let everyone know I have been hording all my void keys while I am powering up my warframe. I plan on using them exclusively for Clan sessions only to help maximize our forma count. I would suggest anyone who can do the same. Because apparently you need one forma blueprint for every forma you craft. Apparently when you craft something the blueprint is also consumed.

Depends on the blueprint.

VariantX

I really want to enjoy this game, but the desynchronization is starting become an issue for me. Especially when I get 2/3rds through a mission only to no longer have doors respond to you and leaving you unable to pick up items.

Sykotik

I think Survival(?) maps guarantee a Void key at 15 minutes. If we all got together and did low er level ones, we could accumulate them very quickly.

I have a T3 Mobile Defense that I tried, but the enemies are around 90. I think we'll need some serious fire-power to do T3s.

God, the mission select screen is so fucking frustrating. I hate how whenever you select a planet, and then you try to select a mission, it warps back to the starting missions and you have to manually navigate back to where you were. Have they gave any indication of when they plan on patching this for PS4? These bugs are maddening. I think I'm just going to stop playing for now.

Sykotik

God, the mission select screen is so fucking frustrating. I hate how whenever you select a planet, and then you try to select a mission, it warps back to the starting missions and you have to manually navigate back to where you were. Have they gave any indication of when they plan on patching this for PS4? These bugs are maddening. I think I'm just going to stop playing for now.

Yeah, it sucks. I've gotten to the point where I memorized which direction I need to go to find the planet I'm looking for - because the damn star-map is near-transparent for me, as well.

molnizzle

I'm glad I'm not the only one. This is absolutely infuriating.

I dream about the day when Warframe actually works like a functional video game. So amaze...

Con_Smith

Banned
Really enjoying this game a lot. Waiting to see if they patch it a bit first before I drop some dosh on it though.

Till then I'm enjoying learning the systems while I grind and experiment with my mag frame.

Sorry if this has been asked but when I get log in rewards, where do they go? I was just given a pistol and it isn't showing up.

Or does it just mean I can buy that pistol for less money?

Sorry if this has been asked but when I get log in rewards, where do they go? I was just given a pistol and it isn't showing up.

Or does it just mean I can buy that pistol for less money?

Either you received a blueprint for a pistol, in which case it would be under the foundry menu, or you received experience for your current pistol, in which case you wouldn't have anything but that.

I've been playing with Loki and got to level 30 in less than 2 weeks. I forma'd and reset him. Definitely not a good warframe for damage but his radial disarm power is sweet as a support power. I have my Paris bow at level 28, dual vastos at 26, Kunai at 16, dual vipers at 7, and dual ether swords at 24. Now I'm just leveling up my vipers and kunai and farming for warframe parts. Looking to build a rhino or ember.

Update 11 for ps4 is in qa right now. Its been out for pc for about a week.

Sykotik

Must've been the experience then. Thanks y'all.

When it shows the picture for your reward, it has a number at the bottom of it. If it says 1, it's most likely the actual item/blueprint, and will be placed somewhere in your inventory, which you can access through the Arsenal menu. If it has a large number, such as 600, 1200, etc., it's most likely Affinity, or experience, for that particular item. I've gotten Affinity for items I don't even possess.

Top Bottom