• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Yeah this is pretty good advice. But yeah I don't plan to spend any money on this currently. I'm just trying to get what I can through the game itself, even though it's a bit of a pain sometimes. I actually have been collecting a lot of the materials I need for Trinity while doing the Earth missions. Would be cool if you could test drive all the waframes. lol.There's just so many. Loki and Volt are pretty cheap platinum-wise. 75. =l

I really need a better main gun though. I got the strun (shotgun) and it's pretty strong up close but man it only has 6 shots before doing a loooong reload.

Yeah I noticed this, too. =l It's like you can't go to the buttons.

Loki is good. Remember, a slot and a potato will cost you twice 20. So in the end, loki is only 35 plats more. So it's not that expensive if you don't feel like farming it.

edit : 1000th post yay

wsippel

Banned
Right, I meant the bit about passing cert. I don't think update 11 is being held back for PS4 because of Sony. I think they're just working out the kinks. From the sound of things, the PS4 port of Warframe was thrown together very quickly.
Digital Extremes sometimes releases several hotfixes a day on PC, especially shortly after large updates. U10 got three patches in just a few hours. That isn't really possible on consoles.

Lucent

Hey, man.. shut up!

lol

Sorry. That really sucks though. >_<

EDIT: I just felt like saying that the game seemed to run very smoothly up until last night. It might've been because I had 3 people with me all using very flashy special moves at once but man sometimes it got to where I didn't know what the hell was going on. So many enemies, too.

I also started witnessing me and other players getting teleported around the rooms. Like our characters would float up with our arms spread out and we'd just zoom to another area. I was like wtf is going on? =l

Gaz_RB

lol

Sorry. That really sucks though. >_<

EDIT: I just felt like saying that the game seemed to run very smoothly up until last night. It might've been because I had 3 people with me all using very flashy special moves at once but man sometimes it got to where I didn't know what the hell was going on. So many enemies, too.

I also started witnessing me and other players getting teleported around the rooms. Like our characters would float up with our arms spread out and we'd just zoom to another area. I was like wtf is going on? =l

I think that teleport move is an enemy attack, but I'm not 100% sure.

I was wondering what caused the teleporting... Very annoying, but I guess that's the point.

I'm slowly getting a feel for the mechanics in this game. Very glad I went Mag on the initial choice.

If anyone wants to team up send me a message (Das_Mookid) - I'd love to join the PS4 GAF clan if anyone would be kind enough to invite me!

I'm stuck in a bit a rut now sadly. The mid earth missions are getting too difficult on solo and partying up with people on survival or defense missions isn't netting me anything to improve my warframe much.

Not too sure how to proceed right now. I have a level 25 warframe, Braton level 20, the starting pistol is level 12 and I have a newer sword at level 14. All heavily modded.

Sykotik

I'm stuck in a bit a rut now sadly. The mid earth missions are getting too difficult on solo and partying up with people on survival or defense missions isn't netting me anything to improve my warframe much.

Not too sure how to proceed right now. I have a level 25 warframe, Braton level 20, the starting pistol is level 12 and I have a newer sword at level 14. All heavily modded.

Well shit, man. Send me an invite or message. If I'm not grinding I check the chat every mission.

hawk2025

Digital Extremes sometimes releases several hotfixes a day on PC, especially shortly after large updates. U10 got three patches in just a few hours. That isn't really possible on consoles.

Warframe actually updates within the game on the PS4. I feel like it's very much possible.

shinn623

If any of you are planning to try and get VOLT, I'd advise to farm for the parts before whenever they do the next update. Because on the PC after the update another boss replaces the original boss, and the original boss that drops the part will only appear in alerts making farming for volt parts incredibly difficult.

Sykotik

If any of you are planning to try and get VOLT, I'd advise to farm for the parts before whenever they do the next update. Because on the PC after the update another boss replaces the original boss, and the original boss that drops the part will only appear in alerts making farming for volt parts incredibly difficult.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Helscream

Banned
There's an enemy that switch teleports with players. It's really crazy when he switches you into a pack of enemies...

Its the Grineer commander. The unit has like a Loki switch teleport move. Where ever the commander is standing he will be teleported to where you are and you will be teleported to where he was. Not nearly as fucking stupid as a Grineer Napalmer.

Sykotik

Does PS4 have any sort of chat room similar to what the PS3 had? It would work a hell of a lot better than this chat system.

Guys, I'm really enjoying this game but I need friends now.
I want to see the dojo/clan stuff.
If you don't mind playing with a new comer that is learning the game please add me:

PSN: Yen-o_O-3D
Pacific Time Zone (UTC-08:00)

NOTE: I only play at night after around 8:30pm until midnight. Most of the time I have the mic off because I have a baby sleeping.

This thread has been really helpful btw. Thanks

molnizzle

Fuck. Well, this is now priority #1 I guess. Who currently drops Volt stuff in Update 10? EDIT: J3-Golem on Jupiter. gogogo

Alright, guys. We're in a bit of a dilemma right now.

I was planning on deconstructing a few rooms to be able to accelerate the growth of the Clan. What I wasn't aware of is, when we do upgrade a clan to the next tier (Storm), the cost of all constructions are going to increase by roughly 3.2 times. Some Forma requirements are going to double. Also, all Research costs are going to be increased by roughly the same amount.

I don't know if we (will) have enough people contributing to justify the large increased cost this upgrade brings.

Quite a dilemma... but at the end of the day, 30 members just isn't enough. Wouldn't this next upgrade increase the cap to like 80 or something? We really need more dudes. The increased construction/forma cost thing sucks, but I think we'll still be further ahead than if we cap at 30. That just ain't enough Tenno, yo.

Gaz_RB

If you need any more help feel free to add/message me @ Gaz_RB

and that goes for anyone else who needs it too

Epcott

How does the F2P model work in this game? Is it similar to Dust where you buy guns and uniforms/armor and have a finite stock that dwindles after every match?

Sykotik

How does the F2P model work in this game? Is it similar to Dust where you buy guns and uniforms/armor and have a finite stock that dwindles after every match?

Basically, you can buy almost everything in the game. You get to keep characters, weapons, etc. EXP/Credit boosts run out after a certain amount of time. There are consumable items as well.

You can get everything there is without purchase, it just takes time/luck.

Apart from inventory slots for Warframes and weapons.

wsippel

Banned
Warframe actually updates within the game on the PS4. I feel like it's very much possible.
I heavily doubt DE can sign the executable, because Sony would never give anybody access to the private key. Custom updater or not, binaries almost certainly have to go through Sony first, and they will want to look at what they're signing. DE might be able to update assets and scripts on their own, but right now, most updates also come with new binaries.

Elvick

Banned
Which warframes are easy to get the materials for early on?

I want to know which blueprints to invest in basically. Or do those drop as well and if so, how early/easily?

redhot_

I want to know which blueprints to invest in basically. Or do those drop as well and if so, how early/easily?

You can get rhino parts from the Jackel.

Not sure if the blueprints drop, but I got every other part to drop.

molnizzle

Blueprints gotta be bought from marketplace, I believe. So no point in buying the blueprint for a frame until you have all 3 pieces crafted. Don't waste your credits!

Fehyd

Banned
Riddle me this: why do the Tenno use flashlights if they don't have eyes?

We actually dont know what they look like under the suits but they do apparently have eyes. Theres probably sensors on the exterior of the frames that lets them see.

Since the games fall in continuity with Dark Sector its heavily implied that they look more or less human.

Gaz_RB

We actually dont know what they look like under the suits but they do apparently have eyes. Theres probably sensors on the exterior of the frames that lets them see.

Since the games fall in continuity with Dark Sector its heavily implied that they look more or less human.

For some reason I thought I read somewhere that they didn't have eyes. I think it was in one of the lore things in game but I could be wrong.

After starting this game a few days ago, I got really interested in the lore behind it all. I played Dark Sector years ago, and was pleasantly surprised to see that the two were linked.

I read through the info gathered on the wiki (Here, and the backstory is actually kind of interesting. Apparently the game takes place like thousands of years after Dark Sector. I didn't remember this, but apparently the main character in Dark Sector's name was Hayden Tenno, so that definitely raises some more questions knowing that the games are actually linked.

A lot of it is pieced together as the developers haven't been to forthcoming with the backstory, but it's definitely an interesting read.

Definitely check out the wiki. It can be very helpful when trying to map out what blueprints/materials (and their locations) you'll need. I'd say go for either Trinity or Rhino early on, as those seemed to be the easiest for me (got most of the blueprints for those two without even trying).

Sykotik

I'm currently constructing 3 different Warframes - Mag, Frost Prime and Rhino. The blueprints are the easy part, in my opinion. The problem I have are these damn rare Neural Sensors. Everything else I can just go to a boss, or a regular mission, and come out with 1-2+ per run. Neural Sensors ain't havin' none o' that shit.

Rhino (Venus, Fossa stage) is pretty simple - a lot of people farm the boss so you shouldn't have trouble getting into a group with at least one high-level person.

If you're feeling adventurous, you can ask in region/recruiting chat if anyone is doing T1-T2 exterminate missions, which can net all 4 blueprints for Frost Prime, with some luck.

But, other than that, find one you want to get and read up on that wiki. It's been a permanent tab on my web browser for the last week.

Gaz_RB

I'm currently constructing 3 different Warframes - Mag, Frost Prime and Rhino. The blueprints are the easy part, in my opinion. The problem I have are these damn rare Neural Sensors. Everything else I can just go to a boss, or a regular mission, and come out with 1-2+ per run. Neural Sensors ain't havin' none o' that shit.

Rhino (Venus, Fossa stage) is pretty simple - a lot of people farm the boss so you shouldn't have trouble getting into a group with at least one high-level person.

If you're feeling adventurous, you can ask in region/recruiting chat if anyone is doing T1-T2 exterminate missions, which can net all 4 blueprints for Frost Prime, with some luck.

But, other than that, find one you want to get and read up on that wiki. It's been a permanent tab on my web browser for the last week.

Have you tried Golem for Neural Sensors? I get them consistently there, just finished Trinity actually

Elvick

Banned
Definitely check out the wiki. It can be very helpful when trying to map out what blueprints/materials (and their locations) you'll need. I'd say go for either Trinity or Rhino early on, as those seemed to be the easiest for me (got most of the blueprints for those two without even trying).
Thanks, I'll check it out later. :3

desverger

For some reason I have tons Neural Sensors stacked. It might be because I farmed Alad V (Salad 5) for the Valkyr blueprints, and they seem to be dropping a lot there. Actually the biggest problem I have constructing new frames is money. I seem to never have enough of it, and every day it just seems to go down. If they didn't have that Hunt for Alad V event before which paid big spacebucks, I would be piss poor lol.

I'm thinking I should make my way towards the tier 3 planets since those seem to have alerts that pay out the most.

Anyway, if you're constructing warframes, Raptor is also a nice boss to farm since there's lots of Control Module and Morphics drops there.

Lucent

I'll trade ya 11 Rhino helmet blueprints for one. ~_~

If only we could do that. Would be a nice update. But then I guess that would make it even harder for them to get people to throw down real money for platinum if it was so easy for people to just trade needed parts to each other.

Fehyd

Banned
For some reason I thought I read somewhere that they didn't have eyes. I think it was in one of the lore things in game but I could be wrong.

After starting this game a few days ago, I got really interested in the lore behind it all. I played Dark Sector years ago, and was pleasantly surprised to see that the two were linked.

I read through the info gathered on the wiki (Here, and the backstory is actually kind of interesting. Apparently the game takes place like thousands of years after Dark Sector. I didn't remember this, but apparently the main character in Dark Sector's name was Hayden Tenno, so that definitely raises some more questions knowing that the games are actually linked.

A lot of it is pieced together as the developers haven't been to forthcoming with the backstory, but it's definitely an interesting read.

Theres a mission dialog where someone says sort of joking "we dont always see eye to eye... well you dont have eyes" but thats more a reference to warframes not having eyes.

My favorite theory is that the tenno basically interface with the frame. It sort of rewrites their body via the technocyte strain. Which explains why warframes have gender independent of a tennos gender. It was also mean that technically they might not have eyes in a warframe since the aural visual sensors and other bits of the organic warframe replaced their actual organs while they're interfaced.

Plus I believe a few times the devs have remarked that the rescued captives are tenno.

Lucent

Ah, I was going to but I read the wiki, and it said he doesn't drop them anymore. Ya did me wrong wiki!

I need some Neural Sensors. lol. I got the blueprints for the helmet and chassis so far. Chassis is currently being built. Just need the Systems blueprint now.

Gaz_RB

Theres a mission dialog where someone says sort of joking "we dont always see eye to eye... well you dont have eyes" but thats more a reference to warframes not having eyes.

My favorite theory is that the tenno basically interface with the frame. It sort of rewrites their body via the technocyte strain. Which explains why warframes have gender independent of a tennos gender. It was also mean that technically they might not have eyes in a warframe since the aural visual sensors and other bits of the organic warframe replaced their actual organs while they're interfaced.

Plus I believe a few times the devs have remarked that the rescued captives are tenno.

That's a pretty cool theory. I wish the devs would shine some more light on the backstory! though I imagine they haven't even figured it all out yet.

Ah, I was going to but I read the wiki, and it said he doesn't drop them anymore. Ya did me wrong wiki!
Yeah he still drops them, I got two in one run earlier. Such an easy boss too.

Top Bottom